Highlights...luvvly Jubbly!

Lindau

F me, those highlights are awesome, we played some unstoppable stuff at times. Fraser looks some player and good to see Lawless contributing as well. Higgy, when he remembers to pass, is a real handful.

Fair play also to the SPFL, the speed with which they get these highlights up is great for the geographically challenged.

Edited by madcapmilkdrinker

Some excellent football and goals in the game.

Too much negativity on the forum recently regardiing new signings etc and good to see Thistle get that first home win at the first time attempt playing good football doing so.

Edited by billko
  • Like 1

Jeez, the goals actually looked better in the highlights than they did at the match.

Some of the goals this Thistle Team have been scoring over the last couple of seasons are the best I've ever seen and I go back a long way.

I've seen great individuals the likes of Somner ,Houston, McQuade , score some amazing goals but the way the current players can craft out goals as a team is special .

• Like 2

24 hours later.

Has no one mentioned higgy bringing the ball down on his knee and pinging the ball across with the outside of his right boot?

If that had ended with a goal, like last season, I'd have probably wet myself!

That right foot cross with the outside of his boot with almost a straight leg he does from the left hand side looks mental, done it several times last season too, seriously effective though

Edited by Norgethistle

Agreed Jaggernaut. This is something I remember McCall going mental at Doolan for not doing consistently, and over the past couple of years he has been getting himself into these positions and scoring foals as a result, the only example I can think of off the top of my head is the tap in against ICT away but that isn't quite the same.

Agreed Jaggernaut. This is something I remember McCall going mental at Doolan for not doing consistently, and over the past couple of years he has been getting himself into these positions and scoring foals as a result, the only example I can think of off the top of my head is the tap in against ICT away but that isn't quite the same.

He almost scored against Celtic at Firhill by sliding in on a loose ball; only the crossbar prevented a goal..... and only temporarily, as Dools put it in the net shortly thereafter.

Brilliant to see spontaneous celebrations and encouragement from warming up substitutes Doolan and Muirhead at first goal. These guys would both have had high hopes of being on the pitch. Players will always say that they back their team mates but that split second after a goal is scored reveals whether celebrations are contrived or genuine!

• Like 1