Taylor, Sinclair

Lindau

Lyle hooked after 58 mins in Scunnys 0-4 home defeat and Aaron not even on the bench in Wigans defeat. Early days but they certainly haven't hit the ground running. Doubt he would agree to come back but wonder if it would be worth approaching Wigan to see about getting him back on loan even till January. Would benefit both sides in that he would get regular games and keep his fitness levels up. After being an automatic choice every week at Firhill it can't be easy going to not even being in the squad on match day!

to be fair to Sincy he's up against their new signing Andrew Taylor from Cardiff who played in the EPL last year. Sincy started in the cup midweek so I can see him being a bit part player this year. I would love to see him back but I would think they would try and loan him to a league 1 side instead.

to be fair to Sincy he's up against their new signing Andrew Taylor from Cardiff who played in the EPL last year. Sincy started in the cup midweek so I can see him being a bit part player this year. I would love to see him back but I would think they would try and loan him to a league 1 side instead.

I was surprised ATS signed for Wigan due to them signing Taylor just before him. He must have realised he would be 2nd choice or worse

If Wigan were going to loan him out I couldn't see it being to anyone other than a lower down championship or top end league 1 side. They know he can handle the scottish premiership, they'd need to see how he does at a higher standard than he's played it before, so I couldn't see them wanting him to come back.

Or he has confidence in his own ability to be the first choice.

Yeah, again agree. He certainly ain't short in confidence and Wigan, despite being one of the hot favourites for promotion, haven't had a great start to the season so he may get a run shortly, but even this early on he must be a bit concerned about not even being on the bench. Wonder if they are a bit concerned about his defensive qualities and are working on that?

ATS will have a decent career in England, I wouldn't expect any ambitious player to turn down that move. Taylor on the otherhand, I feel, has chased short-term cash in favour of looking at his career in 2/3yrs time. Yes he could be a success at Scunthorpe & get a move in the Championship but I think that could have happened to him quicker had he had a good season with us, especially when he would have known he was our number 1 striker with the position being his to lose.

Thought Archie was only able to try to get Taylor back on loan. Didn't think we ever put a transfer bid in for him.

No, I believe we had agreed a fee with Sheffield and terms with Lyle. Don't know if Scunthorpe eventually paid more but he was always going to choose them because they are local. Shame, is exactly the type of player we need.