0N A Lighter Note, Team For Tuesday Against Morton

Gibberish

Sounds like we didn't play that great but hopefully a win will boost confidence and we will get better. It would help too if Seabourne is back for the next game.

Anyone know how Keenan did? Hopefully he's continuing to progress: has potential to be very good for us I think.

That will do. Hardly inspiring result and the "Just In" will be interesting, but we are into the next round and Dools has staked a claim to start on Saturday.

Agree - objective achieved which is the most important thing.

Would have preferred it to have been more convincing, but at least we chalk up another shut out. of which there were not too many last season!!!

Not the greatest of performances but I'm just happy to get thru. Credit to Osman for not rising to the bait after getting an early yellow. Bit like Osbourne up at Inverness when he wasn't subbed either when the fans thought it wiser to sub him to avoid a likely second yellow/red card.

Doolan took his goal well after a decent move. Think it was Craigen who could've finished it but shot straight at the keeper after a very good first touch. Lawless played well before handing over to Elliott who did whatever he had to do to good enough effect. Centre defence again a bit shaky but not always to blame for being pulled out of position. Morton came at us naturally enough in the second half and we really should've counter attacked better.

in fairness it looked like the pitch was playing very slow. Whether that was deliberate or not I've no idea but it didn't help us.

I thought it was Craigen as well,but OS credits the miss to Higgy

Definitely Higgy in the pics. Some miss that one.

Wasn't exactly an inspired performance. We moved the ball far too slowly and let them organise in front of us, much like we were doing at the start of last season. Made it difficult for ourselves but we're through and that's all that matters at this stage.

Thought Lawless looked decent in the first half, good to see Dools get a goal too. Muirhead needs to cut out that stupidly infuriating clipped pass on to the head of the opposition fullback. Every time.

It's £100000 we never had so we didn't lose anything.

Exactly. And as Jaggernaut says we're not disadvantaged with regard to our rival clubs.

If they had got thru they would've used money to buy dearer foreign imports. If they were buying SPFL players the money is more likely to trickle down thru the leagues. I don't see having an even stronger Celtic can be good for the Scottish game. And that's both at SPFL level, where the differential between them and their nearest challenger widens and also at international level where their own top Scottish players would get get even further marginalised.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett