Jags V. Inverness Ct 13Th Sept.

thebiglemon

2917 attendance

Is this well below average figures for an Inverness game?

Well done to everyone at Thistle today and big well done to Stevie Lawless who scored and set up a goal.

Great wee footballer who seems to get a bit stick from some at times, and stick that he really doesn't deserve.

• Like 3

Not really sure what to think about today's game. The defence was really ropey in1st half. Inverness were all over us, although we took the couple of chances we had - and scored from a corner!

In the 2nd half we definitely tried to contain Inverness and really played it tight, playing the simple ball most of the time but not really a lot of adventure. It worked for the most part, but Carroll got caught out a lot by balls getting played past him.

3 great goals for Thistle, though and it definitely makes up for the capitulation vs Hamilton.

Regards the attendance, either a lot of fans were away on referendum business or at the seaside

Bring on St Mirren on Friday

• Like 1

Was surprised big Dan got MOTM. Don't get me wrong, he played well enough but it would either have been Higgy or Lawless for me. That was more like the Stevie Lawless of the Championship winning side. Run his backside off and grafted all day. Great to see him back on the scoresheet. ICT were all over us in the 1st half but fair play to Archie cause we were a totally different team in the 2nd half. Contained them pretty comfortably, which is no mean feet considering the way we have collapsed in some games when in the lead. Good solid performance with plenty of plus points. That was my first look at Carroll. Thought he was pretty average, but that can be expected when he is just new to the team. All in all a great result and with St Mirren up on Friday, a real chance to put real daylight between ourselves and the foot of the table

Edited by Lindau

Lenziejag is spot on,at times there no 15 had acres of space,it was frightening how we seemed unable to do anything about it,still prefer Gallagher in goal solely because he shouts at his defenders,in all honesty I am a bit bemused that we won 3-1,absolutely delighted but very concerned what will happen without Higgenbottam"s input when he is suspended due to the amount of bookings his enthuisasim gets him.Thought the Officiating was dreadful,they just don't seem to be watching the same game!

,in all honesty I am a bit bemused that we won 3-1,

Fair enough point, but how many times last season did we deserve to win games that we didn't. Another factor is that we were playing a side that hadn't lost a goal this season, were top of the table and had already beaten Celtic. Great result and yes, we were a bit lucky but I thought we were very comfortable in the 2nd half and saw it out well which most certainly hasn't been the case in a lot of home games since we came back up.

Edited by Lindau

Was over the moon that we won, good result from a mediocre performance, thought Lawless had a better game than he has had for an awful long time, scored a great goal and assisted with third but still think he's too light for this league, one good game in a dozen doesn't cut it for me, once again refereeing was pathetic, maybe that's another reason our gates are so low, seems to be a common case for complaint all over the country resulting in drops in attendances generally, we though haven't been playing particularly well of late so once again contribtuting factor