Sack Archie

Gibberish

He should have gone last season.

Terrible signings, terrible tactics and terrible substitutions, but there will be fans boys along soon to tell us he's a better manager than McNamara because he got us promoted.

Yeah, useless - keeping us up in our first season in the premier league for donkeys years, and in touching distance of 7th on final day,

Glad you are here (as usual), all over the forum like a rash when we lose. Funnily enough, you're nowhere to be seen when we win.

Edited by ColinKelvin
  • Like 6

He should have gone last season.

Terrible signings, terrible tactics and terrible substitutions, but there will be fans boys along soon to tell us he's a better manager than McNamara because he got us promoted.

And you will get fannies, (sorry so called fans) not happy until he does get sacked.because he made them eat their words last season and it's now got very personal for these folk for them to be proven right.

I certainly would never compare McNamara with Archie other than one fecked off leaving the other to pick up the pieces and finish the job the other was starting to struggle completing anyway.

Edited by billko

Please! Don't directly quote dimholes like The Cup and javeajag. Some of us keep them on 'ignore' so we don't have to read their shite.

Speaking of which, this thread definitely qualifies.

That made me laugh. See, forgot about today already, now can we beat Motherwell? Course we can, I love supporting Thistle.

Edited by sb1876
  • Like 1

There are those who love him and those who want him out but there is also a middle ground here. There are some of us who just don't see where we are going with this team. Centre of the defence is a nightmare and we have all seen enough of Muirhead and Balatoni together to know it just does not work, if you must play them then you need to go three at the back, perhaps a role for McMillan allowing SO'D to play a more attacking role.

Bottom line is Archie needs to change his thinking, it is broken and it needs fixed.

• Like 3

There are those who love him and those who want him out but there is also a middle ground here. There are some of us who just don't see where we are going with this team. Centre of the defence is a nightmare and we have all seen enough of Muirhead and Balatoni together to know it just does not work, if you must play them then you need to go three at the back, perhaps a role for McMillan allowing SO'D to play a more attacking role.

Bottom line is Archie needs to change his thinking, it is broken and it needs fixed.

Agree. Muirhead is sadly out of his depth. Balatoni is borderline, but what is cast iron is the fact our defence is pish.

Strange game today totally in control 60 plus percent of the game and a goal at down at half time WTF !! Should not be a surprise following the Jags ?

Big turning point ... same as Dundee away .. we lose an important player and the team falls apart.

We have 2 people in charge with massive managerial experience yet we are at our weakest in defence !

Not a single positive from today IMHO. Made a very average Killie team look like Real Madrid !

Edited by Jaggy1967

Bottom line is we've been conceding the same type of goal for the whole time the manager has been in charge.

Every cross ball causes panic in the box. Defending from set pieces & corners is nothing less than shambolic.

We can't see games out either. How many points have we thrown away from winning positions? & especially in the last 5/10 minutes of games.

Where are the different tactics the manager said he was working with pre season?

Organisation the key. Look at Alex Neil & Hamilton.

Ross County off the mark & we handed St Mirren the points last week. We are better than both these teams in my opinion, but with the current management team doing what they're doing (or more importantly not doing) then I can see us dropping below one of them.

I've realised by now that it's blasphemous to some to criticise the manager on here but truthfully, if him & Paterson weren't Jags legends, so to speak, then they'd have been getting more stick than this by now.

Summer transfer market buys have not improved things & even the most vocal Archibald fan has to admit we're a weaker squad than last season.

Where was the increased budget for this season? Apparently we've no money left! According to some on the McFadden thread we won't be paying that much for Carroll as he's a loan so it's only a percentage. Therefore how much are we giving Stevenson & Seabourne?

Ecclestone probably hasn't come cheap. Panic buy in the last days of the window. He knew we were desperate when he came up here & no doubt his agent got him a good deal. Excellent business for him, but for us we've a guy whose scoring record is pretty poor, isn't match fit & unlikely to be for another month at least.

So we have scouting non existent, contacts in the game few (Steven Pressley & Kenny Crichton gave us this Summer's transfer recommendations) & tactics poor.

How many folk would have Alan Johnstone as manager? Alex Neil? If not, why not? Both are above us in the league & are organising their teams much better than our coaching team.

My view as well

Partick Thistle in poor spell sensation!

Aw naw, if only I could turn the clock back fifty years and jump ship. Archie and Shaggy and all the back room staff MUST sacked with immediate effect. The board must be investigated by Strathclyde's finest, then done for conspiracy to shaft all Thistle fans. The club must be wound up straight away and the (remaining half of) ground sold off to Tesco.

Jeezo, thank god we never had the internet in my younger days; I would've done maself in twice a month.

Right, can all the daft wee boys go and torment some other fan board now. How about Falkirk or Dunfermline, or Morton? This is getting severely tedious now. Bad enough when we've had a bad afternoon on the park, but to log on and see all this trolling jumping out at you, just makes you want to go back to newspapers, pens and writing pads.

Grrrrrrrr.

• Like 7

Partick Thistle in poor spell sensation!

Aw naw, if only I could turn the clock back fifty years and jump ship. Archie and Shaggy and all the back room staff MUST sacked with immediate effect. The board must be investigated by Strathclyde's finest, then done for conspiracy to shaft all Thistle fans. The club must be wound up straight away and the (remaining half of) ground sold off to Tesco.

Jeezo, thank god we never had the internet in my younger days; I would've done maself in twice a month.

Right, can all the daft wee boys go and torment some other fan board now. How about Falkirk or Dunfermline, or Morton? This is getting severely tedious now. Bad enough when we've had a bad afternoon on the park, but to log on and see all this trolling jumping out at you, just makes you want to go back to newspapers, pens and writing pads.

Grrrrrrrr.

Makes you miss the old Firhill where everyone would line up on the terracing to scream and bawl out the players as they left the pitch. Much more therapeutic ...

Spot on Blackpool Jags...a crap day today...but that's fitba. Ups and doons, ups and doons. There must be smoke arising from the keyboards of some of the folks on here, desperate to stick the boot in. There are issues with the team, selection decisions, tactics, but FFS some folk....need to find that ignore button. Come on the jags.

• Like 1