Sack Archie

Gibberish

Another frustrating thing too and perhaps I'm being greedy is every time we come up to this league after years of scrapping around in the lower leagues, we look like a glorified first division team, and that is with one half of the ugly sisters completely out of the picture at the moment. Its no fun expecting to get beat most weeks and just hoping to survive.

This.

How can Hamilton who have fewer Premiership experienced players than we do be 2nd?

We on the other hand look woefully out of our depth with better players.

Like, I think most Jags supporters I am not calling for the managers head, whether served on a plate or otherwise. However, as someone who goes to the vast majority of games home and away, it would be extremely remiss of me not to express legitimate concerns about the team.

We have looked in recent matches like a side who have lost their way totally and bear little or no resemblance to the side who earned such plaudits playing fasts, attacking, passing and adventurous stuff last season. I realise that we do not possess the required resources to replace the quality we've lost in recent times. Similarly, to a certain extent bringing in new players particularly on our limited resources is always going to be something of a gamble.

Not withstanding mall of this surely there are valid questions to be asked?

Although, I would much prefer to remain in the top League, I personally attach more importance to this club having a substainab commitment to producing football of a decent standard and played in a progressive manner. Unfortunately, I see none of this exhibited by the preaent set up. If the management team do not get a hanle on things, in performance terms at least over the next month or so then I can only say with genuine sorrow that both they and we will be doomed.

• Like 2

Where you at that game? Fox went off injured at 1-0 down in a game that finished 3-2.

I was at that game, Foxy lost a soft goal and the defence looked far worse throughout that game than it had done in the previous games that Gallagher was playing in.

Archie seems to be biased towards Fox, fair enough, he is the manager and it's his shout.

To continue with my analogy re football forums and pubs. We all at times will be standing at the bar having a conversation when someone else butts in. That person then yaps on interminably. You occasionally nod your head in agreement thru politeness as you've long lost any semblance of interest in whatever repetitive claptrap this pub know all is spouting.

Almost every time you go into the pub the same punter interrupts you. Whether you're having a serious conversation, sharing a few jokes, having a moan or having a laugh it makes no difference. You eventually can't take any more of their bilge and tho' you don't feel good about it you respectfully tell them to **** off. Pubs unfortunately don't have "ignore" buttons.

• Like 2

To continue with my analogy re football forums and pubs. We all at times will be standing at the bar having a conversation when someone else butts in. That person then yaps on interminably. You occasionally nod your head in agreement thru politeness as you've long lost any semblance of interest in whatever repetitive claptrap this pub know all is spouting.

Almost every time you go into the pub the same punter interrupts you. Whether you're having a serious conversation, sharing a few jokes, having a moan or having a laugh it makes no difference. You eventually can't take any more of their bilge and tho' you don't feel good about it you respectfully tell them to **** off. Pubs unfortunately don't have "ignore" buttons.

Well I have been in more pubs than I care to mention and this one here, has an atmosphere of one that's about to kick off.

I realise that we do not possess the required resources to replace the quality we've lost in recent times. Similarly, to a certain extent bringing in new players particularly on our limited resources is always going to be something of a gamble.

Stillresigned, it is not a crticism of you by any means, but this argument no longer stands up to scrutiny when we consider what Hamilton have achieved this season with considerably less resources than we have.

There seems to be an acceptance of the myth that because we have a small budget we are doomed to accepting 10th place in the SPL as some kind of high water mark.

Hamilton (and Hibs last season) are proof that it is not the size of the budget that counts, but how these resources are deployed.

At the end of last season the vast majority of us took the board and the management team at their word about ambitions for new signings and the willingness to take us to the next stage of the club's development this season.

Leaving aside the disappointment over the relative lack of strengthening in key positions, it is crystal clear that the major failings from last season have not yet been eradicated by the players and the coaching staff.

Although we are only seven games in, both declarations of intent are already looking decidedly shaky, and that is a serious and totally valid cause for concern.

So we've not even played everyone once, not even in October! and folk have Hamilton avoiding the bottom 6.

All so they can build a case to convince folk our manager should be sacked.

Just to add some perspective, my nephew's best mate is an Accies fan, he reckons they'll go into free fall when suspensions kick in as their main tactic so far has been to kick the shit out of the opposition, so far it has worked. So far.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

Just to add some perspective, my nephew's best mate is an Accies fan, he reckons they'll go into free fall when suspensions kick in as their main tactic so far has been to kick the shit out of the opposition, so far it has worked. So far.

Will we be any different though? I think we're all agreed that our squad is weaker than last May.

• Members

I was at that game, Foxy lost a soft goal and the defence looked far worse throughout that game than it had done in the previous games that Gallagher was playing in.

In what way was it soft in your opinion. You realise the second and third goals were the result of players coming in at the back of the defence unmarked when Gallagher was in goals?

So we've not even played everyone once, not even in October! and folk have Hamilton avoiding the bottom 6.

All so they can build a case to convince folk our manager should be sacked.

Even at this early stage of the season can't see Hamilton being in the mix for the bottom 2 places , being 14 points ahead of Ross County and St Mirren and 10 points ahead of us . Don't want Archibald or Paterson at this moment to be sacked but surely supporters can have an open mind to how things are developing ? , We've still got the same weaknesses as last year Central Defence, lack of strength up front to compliment Doolan , midfield far too lightweight apart from Osman . Although it's still early in the season only Osman and maybe Seebourne of the new signings fits the bill at this moment .

Signings that were brought in on deadline day were IMO just to get the numbers up . Looking at Killie yesterday they look stronger than last year with Hamill in midfield and more mobility upfront with Magennis . At this moment it's between Ross County , St Mirren and ourselves for the bottom 2 places , hopefully that can change.

• Like 1

In what way was it soft in your opinion. You realise the second and third goals were the result of players coming in at the back of the defence unmarked when Gallagher was in goals?

It was a fairy typical soft goal that Foxy lets by him, whenever someone runs at him and shoots low to the corner, the ball is in the back of the net more often than not. Foxy seems a bit geriatic getting down for low shots.

As said the defence was a shambles that game. The point that I was making was that Paul Gallagher was deemed good enough to get us out of trouble and was picked for every game until we were safe. As soon as we were safe he was dropped and Foxy reinstated, Archies decision.

I believe that had we kept a settled defence and kept Gallagher in goal for that last game of the season we probably wouldn't have lost and would have finished seventh (hear that Dicky Nixon). We lost a lot of prize money that day.

I believe that had we kept a settled defence and kept Gallagher in goal for that last game of the season we probably wouldn't have lost and would have finished seventh (hear that Dicky Nixon). We lost a lot of prize money that day.

We were all over the place that day.

Elliott started at LB FFS!!

George Moncur was a star in his 23 minutes on the park. Why on earth was he not used more?

Mair and Balatoni were shocking as always - second goal was an embarrassment.

Edited by Barney Rubble

George Moncur was a star in his 23 minutes on the park. Why on earth was he not used more?

The whole Moncur thing was bizarre. We bring him up in January, then say he is nowhere near fit, hardly gets a kick of a ball, then give him a cameo run out at the end of the season and he looks a half decent player and scores a cracking goal He has been scoring a few this season as well.

The whole Moncur thing was bizarre. We bring him up in January, then say he is nowhere near fit, hardly gets a kick of a ball, then give him a cameo run out at the end of the season and he looks a half decent player and scores a cracking goal He has been scoring a few this season as well.

Lindau, you and me agreeing with each other has been happening too often lately

Shockeroonie.

Is it an age thing??

:lol:;)

You seem to be labouring under the impression that every opinion is actually worth reading. This is demonstrably not the case.

Stick me on ignore instead of telling me to f**k off, you child.

Some people remind me of Man Utd fans last season, bitching and complaining about Moyes. They got him sacked and look how well they're doing now.

Don't worry, Partick Thistle fans will get exactly what they deserve.

I choose never to utilise the ignore function on this forum as I am open to comments and posters, no matter how uneducated.
  • Like 1