Sack Archie

Gibberish

Partick Thistle in poor spell sensation!

Aw naw, if only I could turn the clock back fifty years and jump ship. Archie and Shaggy and all the back room staff MUST sacked with immediate effect. The board must be investigated by Strathclyde's finest, then done for conspiracy to shaft all Thistle fans. The club must be wound up straight away and the (remaining half of) ground sold off to Tesco.

Jeezo, thank god we never had the internet in my younger days; I would've done maself in twice a month.

Right, can all the daft wee boys go and torment some other fan board now. How about Falkirk or Dunfermline, or Morton? This is getting severely tedious now. Bad enough when we've had a bad afternoon on the park, but to log on and see all this trolling jumping out at you, just makes you want to go back to newspapers, pens and writing pads.

Grrrrrrrr.

I'm not a "daft wee boy" as you put it but today is just another example of how the manager has learned nothing from the last week never mind last season.

Like I said before, I think too many are letting the fact that Archibald is a club legend cloud their judgement on this.

Our defending is embarrassing. I saw something earlier that it's 10 games since we last had a clean sheet away from home. Whichever way you look at it, that's not good.

Yes there are issues with the team, the selection and the tactics. And those issues are firmly with the management team. They need to raise their game quickly before the players are firmly in the rut of losing and playing poorly.

The last 3 games have been against two of the worst teams in Scotland and we've been absolutely cack against them.

Where is the team that played so well against ICT?

I'm not calling for them to be sacked but like another poster I am now having my first doubts about their ability and if they're able to get us out of the mess we're in.

• Like 1

i would:-

Put Gallacher in goal.

SOD to start and McMillan on left. Carroll on bench.

Muirhead nowhere near the squad. Seaborne should be Ok.

Drop Stevenson and start with both Doolan and Ecclestone on pitch.

Craigen to play on place of Higgy (if still injured).

What I think will happen:-

None of the above.

• Like 1

We're travelling really poorly.

We need to get some decent results in Dingwall, Inverness, Perth, kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Dundee if we are to progress.

I travel to most games more in hope than expectation. It's clear the players and management take the same approach.

Of course Archie shouldn't be sacked but it's time some players got nasty and step up. We've got some real talent at the club. We should be doing better.

Archie has done very well getting us promoted and keeping us up.

At the start of the season the goal was to "kick on" to the top six. We looked like a top six team last season and were perhaps unlucky not to finish in the top six. This season this is more Archies team than last, that's a simple fact. The team this season looks very poor, in fact, we will be lucky to stay up.

Please! Don't directly quote dimholes like The Cup and javeajag. Some of us keep them on 'ignore' so we don't have to read their shite.

Speaking of which, this thread definitely qualifies.

Spot on.

I used to think fan websites offered the modern day equivalent to the traditional after match pub talk. The major difference being most pubs would have a tolerance level where the usual suspects would be forced to sit on their own or piss off up the road with a carry out. Sadly on here they somehow find themselves in charge of the kitty.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Spot on.

I used to think fan websites offered the modern day equivalent to the traditional after match pub talk. The major difference being most pubs would have a tolerance level where the usual suspects would be forced to sit on their own or piss off up the road with a carry out. Sadly on here they somehow find themselves in charge of the kitty.

Another brilliant observation, maybe the ignore button is the equivalent of making folk sit on their own?

So apparently we were a top six team last season who finished tenth.

We've played seven games this season so far and we're going to get relegated.

I guess we should just quit now, and give the championship trophy to Dundee United, because nothing will change between now and May. Can't wait to see how Hamilton get on in Europe!

Unfortunately there's always boring moany ********* in every pub, but you notice they're always sitting on their tod. It's sort of natural selection for burst-faced football fans.

• Like 2

Partick Thistle in poor spell sensation!

Aw naw, if only I could turn the clock back fifty years and jump ship. Archie and Shaggy and all the back room staff MUST sacked with immediate effect. The board must be investigated by Strathclyde's finest, then done for conspiracy to shaft all Thistle fans. The club must be wound up straight away and the (remaining half of) ground sold off to Tesco.

Jeezo, thank god we never had the internet in my younger days; I would've done maself in twice a month.

Right, can all the daft wee boys go and torment some other fan board now. How about Falkirk or Dunfermline, or Morton? This is getting severely tedious now. Bad enough when we've had a bad afternoon on the park, but to log on and see all this trolling jumping out at you, just makes you want to go back to newspapers, pens and writing pads.

Grrrrrrrr.

As usual, I find myself agreeing with Mr Blackpool. Let's all calm down a wee bit.

So apparently we were a top six team last season who finished tenth.

We've played seven games this season so far and we're going to get relegated.

I guess we should just quit now, and give the championship trophy to Dundee United, because nothing will change between now and May. Can't wait to see how Hamilton get on in Europe!

Unfortunately there's always boring moany ********* in every pub, but you notice they're always sitting on their tod. It's sort of natural selection for burst-faced football fans.

To be honest, I thought we were very unlucky last season and could have finished top six, indeed, some may say if we hadn't played Foxy in that last game against Ross County we would have finished 7th.

This is now very much Archies team, IMO it's getting steadily worse as time ticks by. As things stand we will be lucky to avoid relegation.

Last season we looked like a team that could/should have been in the top 6 (had the team capitalised on the many chances created & winning positions squandered), that seems a distant memory so far this season. We should, however, have more points than we currently do due to the points we have thrown away, despite not playing great. So it's a difficult one, & is too early, to judge

it's very easy to criticise Archie but his saving grace this year is the bogus highland league we're in. As John Lambie himself said "there's no loyalty in football nowadays, your paid to do a job and that it". cast your memory back to the pre-contracts that were signed by Shaggy & Archie to go to Dundee utd. As for sacking him unless its Owen Coyle forget it, what we need is a experienced young manager who has played at a higher level and wants to make a name for himself and never got his coaching badge at Largs.

PG should never have been dropped. More should have been done about the pathetic defence in the summer. Balatoni is just as bad as Muirhead and Piccolo. BRE signing has been absolutely bizarre. Keeping duds like Elliot who couldn't crack the first team in division 1 baffles me. We wasted lots of time again *****ing about with signings. Oh and we still can't hold a lead.

The only thing I'll cut him some slack on is Stevenson. I don't think anyone thought he'd flop as badly as he has. Even in his preferred position he's been pish.

Only time I think we've played well has been the County game. A couple of screamers from Higgy aside I think we look very poor.

We spent 10 years in the lower leagues only to come back up for beatings week after week and a high likelyhood we'll be back there soon. The novelty has well and truly worn off for me and the rot has set in.

• Like 1

I think there is some severe historical revisionism going on with people thinking we "could have, should have" finished top six, and "were unlucky" not to last season.

It wasn't that long ago! More than some people spent the entire season predicting our relegation and demanding the managers' head!

From a perspective of not six months on, we were apparently a baw hair away from Europe, whilst now we're the same distance away from a pub team.

Let it never be said that Partick Thistle fans lack a sense of proportion or are prone to over-exaggeration.

• Like 4

Please! Don't directly quote dimholes like The Cup and javeajag. Some of us keep them on 'ignore' so we don't have to read their shite.

Speaking of which, this thread definitely qualifies.

Canny beat folk that post in open forums but hide selected posters. The true bell-ends of wearethistle. Why bother posting at all if you are unwilling to see the full spectrum of opinions. F**k Off. Oops, that's me on Richard Nixons ignore list.
  • Like 2

Canny beat folk that post in open forums but hide selected posters. The true bell-ends of wearethistle. Why bother posting at all if you are unwilling to see the full spectrum of opinions. F**k Off. Oops, that's me on Richard Nixons ignore list.

You seem to be labouring under the impression that every opinion is actually worth reading. This is demonstrably not the case.

Stick me on ignore instead of telling me to f**k off, you child.

Some people remind me of Man Utd fans last season, bitching and complaining about Moyes. They got him sacked and look how well they're doing now.

Don't worry, Partick Thistle fans will get exactly what they deserve.

Another frustrating thing too and perhaps I'm being greedy is every time we come up to this league after years of scrapping around in the lower leagues, we look like a glorified first division team, and that is with one half of the ugly sisters completely out of the picture at the moment. Its no fun expecting to get beat most weeks and just hoping to survive.

• Like 1