January Window

ayrshire jag

Remember, we're not talking Premiership clubs here whose every move is plastered all over the media, we're talking small clubs in England and I wouldn't think any club in the SPL has details of every move players of every English club has made. Probably not even other English clubs would have this info. It's more likely we were just unlucky.

Erm, soccerbase?

Give in. Are the rules part of the coaching badge courses?

I'll take two guesses. First as the rules change on a regular basis being proficient in them at the time of attaining one's badge would be as useful as Dick Campbell's technical area.

Secondly, and it's hardly a guess as I'm fairly sure I read it elsewhere, but I think you'd find this would come under Ian Maxwell's remit. Hardly a real surprise as he's general manager of a football club

It may come under Ian Maxwell's remit. I would, however, expect the manager and General Manager to be working together closely and consult each other regularly. I would also expect them to be up to date on rule changes which don't happen often.

ETA - Is there no continuing professional development in Scottish football?

Edited by kni

I, and others, got pelters from the "insiders" (especially Red Monkey and Dark Passenger) for highlighting Eccleston's woeful scoring record when he signed for us. They even suggested that he had a similar record to Lyle Taylor (if only!) when he signed for us.

He did.

You got "pelters" for judging a player who hadn't kicked a ball for us yet

It may come under Ian Maxwell's remit. I would, however, expect the manager and General Manager to be working together closely and consult each other regularly. I would also expect them to be up to date on rule changes which don't happen often.

Why don't you ping them an email outlining your concerns and post the reply. I think it would be fascinating.

Did i say Eccleston or Carroll was a quality signing? Please feel free to put up that quote Kni. On Carroll, i recall posting a word for word quote from my cousin who works for St Pat's athletic where he made a reference to Phil Babb. I do recall you wanting Carroll signed for a season long loan though.....

Either way, i'm still fully behind Archie. Last two windows he has brought in real quality and we have progressed. Still 3 weeks to go....

Sounds like Dundee United are stepping up their move for SOD. Be a shame if he leaves, especially with the McMillan situation. Always been a big fan of his despite being a bit weak mentally. The horrid abuse he received from the poster Ian Mac and Dave J didn't help.

:lol::clapping:

As my Granda Jack used to say, "those in glass houses, gather no moss."

Why don't you ping them an email outlining your concerns and post the reply. I think it would be fascinating.

I'm sure it would be!!

If I was to post emails of some of the dealings I've had with Ian Maxwell over the past couple of seasons the answer always seems to be mañana!!

Of course some who claim to be ITK or club insider posters will know better...!

I do think Archibald's Summer transfer signings were good on the whole ok but...

The 2 positions that were most in need of being filled from the previous season were LB & CF.

Taylor we missed out on & the plan B seemed to be Stevenson with a plan C of a panic buy in Ecclestone.

Left backs came & went on trail until it was decided we've a half decent one in McMillan (though surely fitness always going to be an issue). Carroll seemed a bit left field when the boy himself said he knew nothing of it until the day before!!

A CH was required but Seabourne strikes me more & more as a 'sick note' type of player that as soon as he sneezes or gets a knock in training he's out.

I was/am a big fan of Muirhead & personally think he was treated pretty shabbily in the end up.

The guy played when injured & also out of position. Seabourne came from down South & is a bit more experienced. Does it make him a better player?

We'll see what the window brings but I think a lot of folk on here seem to forget that a forum is a place for opinions to be expressed. It is allowed.

Should clear up that I think Ecclestone not really been given a chance.

When I talk about lower league I mean Scottish lower leagues.

Quite possibly more often than not they'll be described as a failure but the wages outlay not as great as someone like Ecclestone.

There's St Johnstone taking a punt on the boy from Spartans.

Ecclestone's signing baffles me only on the alleged wage he's receiving & not being given a chance.

He was signed at the very end of the window when the manager already had Stevenson as main striker & Doolan in reserve.

Did we need 3 central strikers (not even counting Elliot or Duggan who could've stepped up) when only playing one striker?

I really don't think Stevenson was signed as a striker. We were at that point where we expected to sign Lyle Taylor. When that fell through we got Ecclestone.

Of course some who claim to be ITK or club insider posters will know better...!

The guy played when injured & also out of position. Seabourne came from down South & is a bit more experienced. Does it make him a better player?

Who are these posters?

What makes Seaborne a better player than Muirhead is...the fact he's a better player.

• Like 4

Who are these posters?

What makes Seaborne a better player than Muirhead is...the fact he's a better player.

Do you not know DP?

I've actually moved a few rows back in the JHS as I've been in danger from Seabourne's biscuit tin head & wayward passing!!

Notice you didn't disagree with 'sick note' comment! Do you want to disagree there also?

I would assume SOD will go and Wilson will come in. Plus we'll get a few buttons for SOD. Or, SOD will be here until May. Can't see him going without a replacement.

Didn't Wilson play alongside Archie for a couple of seasons before signing for the East Enders?

His experience would be welcome, but the downside is he's always lacked pace, which is a factor that won't have improved recently.

odonnell is a player no doubt, with pace and a great delivery (when he uses it). as others have said though his success rate isn't that high. when it works, it's great, but often moves (or possession) breaks down with a underhit ball from sod that doesn't get past the first defender, and we end up on back foot. still be sad to see him go though.

spoke with a dufc mate, wilson has seemingly been used solely as cover this season, says while an able fb, he has zero pace and would not offer us the options odonnell does. swapping sod for wilson, or however anyone wants to wrap it up as, doesn't seem like we're getting a good side of any deal.

• Like 1

No, I don't.

I don't think there's any hope for anyone who can't see that Seaborne is a class act. As for your sicknote claim, he's missed a few games to injury and one to illness due to a bug that swept through the squad - he's hardly Kieron f******g Dyer.

I'm glad we've for ITK posters on this forum that have a hotline to the club.

Thanks for putting me right.