January Window

ayrshire jag

theres a few guys who can play around midfield who's contract is up in summer though and they might not all stay - lawless, osman, craigen, Elliot, mcdaid so Archie may make plans

Good point as Higginbotham and Welsh are also out of contract in May.

Even if we are interested in Tidser, he could get better offers.

• Members

I think I read somewhere (maybe the Evening Times) earlier this week that Archie was looking for, a defender, a midfielder and a forward. So Tidser might not be out of the question. However, as he played with Ross last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back there even if it is a different management team. And with Rotherham paying him off, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not already got something lined up.

I wonder if they want him now or in the summer. Don't think we can let any of our defenders leave now, especially with injuries and suspensions.

If they took him now then we'd be due a fee so no chance DU doing that!!

I might be in the minority here but unless Banzo curbs his current booking ratio then he might not be as big a loss as SOD.

A midfield of Osman, Fraser & Stevenson with Welsh, if ever fit, Craigen & Wilson as a back up more than able.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Banzo fan but he's gone off the boil this year for me. Switching positions every other week not helping I guess though.

With McMillan unlikely to play for us again, unless something remarkable happens, & SOD it's looking likely off to pastures new, then full backs for both flanks are badly needed.

We surely don't want a repeat of ATS & replacement (or lack of).

If they took him now then we'd be due a fee so no chance DU doing that!!

I might be in the minority here but unless Banzo curbs his current booking ratio then he might not be as big a loss as SOD.

A midfield of Osman, Fraser & Stevenson with Welsh, if ever fit, Craigen & Wilson as a back up more than able.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Banzo fan but he's gone off the boil this year for me. Switching positions every other week not helping I guess though.

With McMillan unlikely to play for us again, unless something remarkable happens, & SOD it's looking likely off to pastures new, then full backs for both flanks are badly needed.

We surely don't want a repeat of ATS & replacement (or lack of).

I think Bannigan has improved on the discipline front. For a central midfielder five in twenty games ain't bad but more to the point only one since his red at Parkhead. That stupidity has possibly brought him to his senses. Still tends to do silly things around the ref and his decision making needs to improve (eg the daft penalty at Motherwell, so unnecessary it didn't even warrant a yellow) but he may well be working hard to improve that part of his game.

Could easily tho' be eating my words and his cards will undoubtedly be marked amongst the referee fraternity.

SOD is only 22. Would we due a fee from these *****?

Bannigan is under contract for next season so it's yes in his case.

The SPFL rules state

"F3 - Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first Season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23."

O'Donnell is 23 on 11th May so we would not get anything for him.

Edited by kni

SOD would be a big loss. Has his faults, but think he's been very good in general this season. A brilliant outball when we're attacking the North stand.

Could be looking for a completely new set of full backs on both sides if SOD leaves and McMillan's situation resolves badly.