January Window

ayrshire jag

Nothing to do with the window as such but I see Norwich are looking at Alex Neil. Accies given him permission to talk to them.

Looks like it will be a done deal properly confirmed tomorrow. Good move for him. I'm guessing he'll go back to Accies to take a couple of players with him in coming days. Barring a catastrophic collapse (unlikely IMO), Hamilton will be fine without him (or this season at least). Internal appointment for Accies now, or will they look at upcoming managers or old dinosaurs?

Decent player though he is, i dont think we really need tidser. Our midfield is unquestionably the strongest area of our squad. We're already looking at having to drop one of banzo, fraser or osman if we want to accomadate stevenson in the position which is by far his best (as he showed last sunday).

And then theres welsh if he returns anytime soon. I think our budget could be used better on other areas of the squad.

Decent player though he is, i dont think we really need tidser. Our midfield is unquestionably the strongest area of our squad. We're already looking at having to drop one of banzo, fraser or osman if we want to accomadate stevenson in the position which is by far his best (as he showed last sunday).

And then theres welsh if he returns anytime soon. I think our budget could be used better on other areas of the squad.

im pretty sure rubien is a midfielder as well and am sure Archie was looking at a defender, midfielder and striker

Linked with Rubén Palazuelos on P&B.

Wiki says we were linked with him last year as well which would go along with Archie's past recruits. Defensive mid is a priority as well. Quick search and since Hearts he's played in the Segunda Division and at the top of the Finnish and Bulgarian leagues then signed for Yeovil while they were in the championship (got injured and released when relegated in the summer). He's 6' 2" and 31 so experienced - probably not a bad option for some tougher games later in the season. With Fraser, Bannigan and Osman our main men in midfield he only needs to be more a back up anyway.

for his homemade highlights!

edit: (just watched them and he actually looks pretty good - bit of a Gerrard type, tackling, passing short and long).

Edited by read'n'yell

Wiki says we were linked with him last year as well which would go along with Archie's past recruits. Defensive mid is a priority as well. Quick search and since Hearts he's played in the Segunda Division and at the top of the Finnish and Bulgarian leagues then signed for Yeovil while they were in the championship (got injured and released when relegated in the summer). He's 6' 2" and 31 so experienced - probably not a bad option for some tougher games later in the season. With Fraser, Bannigan and Osman our main men in midfield he only needs to be more a back up anyway.

for his homemade highlights!

No idea about this lad but I feel the reverse applies to Tidser. Obviously Tidser offers some creativity but he never struck me as a player you'd want to rely on too heavily if the going got tough. From a balance point of view we're short of a left sided centre mid if Bannigan was injured but I honestly can't see that being a priority.

No idea about this lad but I feel the reverse applies to Tidser. Obviously Tidser offers some creativity but he never struck me as a player you'd want to rely on too heavily if the going got tough. From a balance point of view we're short of a left sided centre mid if Bannigan was injured but I honestly can't see that being a priority.

theres a few guys who can play around midfield who's contract is up in summer though and they might not all stay - lawless, osman, craigen, Elliot, mcdaid so Archie may make plans