January Window

ayrshire jag

I find it hard to imagine how, anyone could seriously argue that we don't desperately need a decent centre forward. However, I doubt they are to be found easily. If we don't get one it won't be the end of the world, but with one I'm confident we'd easily escape relegation.

If we had Gerd Muller in his prime playing for us I doubt we'd have scored many more goals. Our weakness in attack has been far more weighted towards the lack of goal scoring chances created than the number of chances squandered.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

Story goes he's on £7k a week over there...

That's what scuppered a loan deal to us last January seemingly and maybe thankfully, as we got Lyle Taylor. Would be a good signing if he would agree to our wage structure as I can't see Sevco topping up much of his wages with the state they are in!!

From what I heard its not a loan, we have been offered him just to get him off the wages

When's his contract with sevco up? The arithmetic from the player's viewpoint doesn't appear to add up. Nothing wrong with us being interested in a goalscoring midfielder if his attitude is right. Seemed a strange one last season re finances but a bit less strange this time round if his contract is near up.

Wonder if Kane Hemmings might be worth a look. Hasn't scored a lot since his move to Barnsley and most of his appearances have been as a sub http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=58504

Hemmings would be worth a look if he is available. However, he has started the last few games for Barnsley and scored recently in the FA Cup replay against Chester.

Definitely need some signings in in this window; LB & striker the priorities, a winger & a midfielder wouldn't be unwelcomed either.

If a club showed some interest in Fox I'd let him go for a nominal fee, Ecclestone would be free to leave for me too. Get Lindsay out on loan if BRE is back in the fold, I'd be happy to keep the rest of the squad together. A few new signings would allow us to loan out some of the younger players who have been in nearly every squad but hardly played, which could only be good for them.