January Window

ayrshire jag

Definitely on over a grand a week. Apparently rejected other clubs to sign for 2 and a half years. Doubt hes signed up for nostalgia...

The 25-year-old had options in England as well as at Premiership level in Scotland but is understood to have shunned those offers in favour of a Ton return.

Edited by Hankey

A tremendous lack of ambition from Tidser on the face of it. Perhaps he's not quite the player that Morton fans would have had you believe he was...

Perhaps Tidser had a uncontrolable longing to play under Jim Duffy?

I always liked Bachirou as well. I saw him play in the game Morton got relegated ( :) ) and he was all the park, full of hard work but contributing little. Perhaps the Tidser/Bachirou partnership was a case of the whole exceeding the sum of the parts? Be interested to see if this is a major scoop for Morton. Mind they signed Ross Forbes as well. If someone could only shake him awake they could've made two of the best signings, in relative terms at least, this January.

Perhaps Tidser had a uncontrolable longing to play under Jim Duffy?

I always liked Bachirou as well. I saw him play in the game Morton got relegated ( :) ) and he was all the park, full of hard work but contributing little. Perhaps the Tidser/Bachirou partnership was a case of the whole exceeding the sum of the parts? Be interested to see if this is a major scoop for Morton. Mind they signed Ross Forbes as well. If someone could only shake him awake they could've made two of the best signings, in relative terms at least, this January.

County and St Mirren seem to be two of the teams credited with an interest in Tidser. I can perhaps understand why he has knocked County back especially if his wife is expecting as suggested elsewhere; and perhaps his association with Morton ruled out a move to St Mirren. That is ignoring the distinct possibility that one, if not both, of these teams could be competing in the same division as Morton next year. I'm slightly surprised that we haven't been credited with an interest considering that we were in for him last January - but we could still yet succumb to the possibility suggested above which might have also ruled us out.

Whilst I imagine being comfortably two of the best technical players in the division, a midfield of Tidser and Forbes isn't the most mobile especially if they are going to play as a central two. Forbes struggles in a two at the best of times so I would have thought switching to a three with a leggier runner would be the best approach but Duffy isn't exactly renowned from his tactical acumen.

Bit of pressure on Duffy to deliver promotion now because his January signings won't have come cheap.

He's played against us twice this season, but I can't picture him. The real crazy aspect of that deal is that he only has 5 months left on his contract.

Doesn't matter so much when they're that young though as you'd still have to pay a development fee in any case. Still though, £2m...don't think Hamilton fans have rated him much for the past season or so.

He's played against us twice this season, but I can't picture him. The real crazy aspect of that deal is that he only has 5 months left on his contract.

can't picture him either.

my jaw thudded off the floor when i read your 5 months! :shocked:

this must surely be a case of the accies youth brand pushing the price up ridiculously?

as for tidser, lot of sweeties that contract will be worth. is doddery dougie trying to sink the not so good ship morton once and for all? duffy two years contract. caldwell from st mirren. forbes. mcdonald from dundee. another couple whose names escape me. and now tidser on a two and a half year deal? all on crowds of little over a thousand? and i repeat, with jim duffy at the helm on a two year deal? :shok:

Accies have agreed a fee of £2m+ with West Ham for LB Stephen Hendrie.

Crazy money for him. At least Andrew Robertson was outstanding.

Where did you see that, the Mail said earlier that Accies rejected a 2m deal, which seems mad if he's out of contract in the summer.

I've been rattlin' on about him for a couple of seasons. I suspect Archie might have approached Accies some time back about the lad and it was possibly him he was looking at and not Gordon, who's naturally right sided.. An Accies fan i know reckons likewise. It also goes to show the premium put on left backs/left wingbacks. Hendrie hasn't impressed me that much when I've seen him and wouldn't have kept McMillan out the team (maybe not even Carroll) so he's clearly labelled "one for the future" methinks.

glad the boy Hendrie has got his big break. I hope he's in the right frame of mind to go down the the EPL.

Yes and he'll pocket a few more quid too.

I assume there will be all sorts of clauses and add ons to get to that price. I don't see them paying £2m+ up front.

The Hammers may not baulk at putting £2m up front. They'll put a good deal on the table to cushion the blow of losing a key player.

110 appearances for Hamilton by the age of 20, not bad going. Never really caught my eye I have to say, but it seems some clubs (Hamilton, United, Celtic) have a reputation and can sell players easily for quite high, while other clubs like us just don't get anything. It's all about playing the youngsters at a young age to catch the attention of top clubs, even if they don't play brilliantly.

• Like 1

A full back. Maybe two. But the squad was pretty stretched tonight and showed that there is depth in most areas.

Spot on. We need cover for both full-back positions, especially with McMillan suspended and Carroll returning to Yorkshire.

Has Joe Chalmers recovered from his injury? He did well at Falkirk last season and could be an option. ETA - Chalmers appear to be out of contract in the summer. We were linked with him last year but I can't recall where.

It's encouraging that the team could thump the Accies without Bannigan and Fraser. With them and Welsh back, there will be competition for places in midfield. The manager can also rest players who pick up the odd knock. What a difference to a few weeks ago!

Edited by kni

Maybe they watched last nights match? He was torn to shreds. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30929174

Hendrie may, understandably, have been distracted by the collapse of his big move. The article says that the deal was dead before last night.

"They said they would come up and do it in person on 1 January. They said they couldn't make it and they'd be up on 4 January and after that [we] said enough's enough, so the deal was dead then."

The fee must have been similar to, or bigger than, Robertson's.

"Asked about the accuracy of the reported fee of £2m sought from West Ham for Hendrie, a player who is out of contract in the summer, MacDonald replied: "I can tell you I'll not be selling a player like Stephen Hendrie, with add-ons, for £2m. It was well in excess of that."

No wonder Accies are miffed!