Dundee United

ThickAsThieves

Another one of The ***** failings. We had Andy Gibson to play right midfield. The Dick played Gillies at Right Mid. Gillies had never played right mid in his life. Never had the legs for it, and at 30 was never going to magically find them!

Gillies had spent his entire career playing behind the striker, he played there once for Thistle. And scored away at Stenny. Possibly a cup game?

I can mind him scoring at a league cup defeat away to Falkirk. Either that game or the previous round up at Brechin (when Kenny saved three times in the shoot out) he played in a more advanced position. Only reason I mind it was I was sitting in a stand behind the goal.

I'm fairly sure Dick Campbell played Mark Roberts as a wingback in one game so Gillies probably got off lightly regularly playing in midfield.

I assume you would not have Stevenson and Eccleston playing. Perhaps not play Craigen. Any other changes you would make I'm not sure about? Genuine question?

Don't see any reason to pick Eccleston over Doolan, that's the main one. Would probably leave Stevenson on the bench and I would keep Balatoni in defence for the time being. Think Lawless is better through the middle too. Also, I'd keep Fox in goal - he made some great saves against Motherwell, deserves his place. Apart from that I agree with you 100%.