Dundee United

ThickAsThieves

Holy shit.

You should stop posting chief. You're doing yourself no favours.

Why's that then?

Because he has a different opinion to you?

Like I said, I wouldn't blame the manger's subs or tactics for yesterday's goal but at times this season he has still shown the same naïvety as last that has cost us points in the dying minutes of games.

Transfer dealings during the last window also have to brought into question.

Aside from Seabourne & Osman, the rest are costing the club a great deal of money but are not playing.

Stevenson, who we've said before on paper looked a good buy, but in reality I'm not sure where he fits in to our team in terms of work rate & effort.

Ecclestone who came unfit & from what I've heard STILL isn't fit enough to do 90 minutes at first team level.

Carroll who was signed as a LB but in reality drifted more into the middle of the park.

Richards-Everton, jury out.

Frans, jury out.

Do we have another tactic? We continually play the same system & when things don't go so well, he doesn't seem to have any idea on how to change it.

Defending set pieces, corners especially, is terrifying. 2 defenders in charge but it seems we're continually panicking when the ball comes across.

We payed well yesterday & were a little unlucky BUT, how is it teams like DU, Aberdeen even Kilmarnock can play poorly against us & get a result?

Why is it we can't play poorly & get results?

Can we really be that unlucky?

Next week's game is a preverbial 6 pointer for me. A St Johnstone team down on their luck needing a result. Too many times in the past we've been that team to help them change their luck- St Mirren this year already spring to mind.

Genuinely believe that if we lose next week then It's between us, County (likely bottom team) & St Mirren for play off.

& yet I'd argue we have a better team than Kilmarnock, Hamilton & Dundee.

Bottom line is we're underachieving, why?

Can't always be down to bad luck...

& nothing wrong with having an opinion to,some posters despite what PeaGreenBoy & others would have you believe.

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy
  • Like 1

The only issue with this argument is Hamilton.....how can they do do well with their resources ?

Hamilton's excellent youth policy means that they've made huge sums on transfers. Hopefully we'll be in a position soon to emulate this. And, of course, they are just doing exceptionally well. Just because Archie isn't doing as well as Hamilton's manager does not mean he's doing badly. He's doing reasonably well while Neil's had an absolutely outstanding start to the season.

Why's that then?

Like I said, I wouldn't blame the manger's subs or tactics for yesterday's goal but at times this season he has still shown the same naïvety as last that has cost us points in the dying minutes of games.

Aside from Seabourne & Osman, the rest are costing the club a great deal of money but are not playing.

Stevenson, who we've said before on paper looked a good buy, but in reality I'm not sure where he fits in to our team in terms of work rate & effort.

Ecclestone who came unfit & from what I've heard STILL isn't fit enough to do 90 minutes at first team level.

Carroll who was signed as a LB but in reality drifted more into the middle of the park.

Frans, jury out.

Do we have another tactic? We continually play the same system & when things don't go so well, he doesn't seem to have any idea on how to change it.

Defending set pieces, corners especially, is terrifying. 2 defenders in charge but it seems we're continually panicking when the ball comes across.

We payed well yesterday & were a little unlucky BUT, how is it teams like DU, Aberdeen even Kilmarnock can play poorly against us & get a result?

Next week's game is a preverbial 6 pointer for me. A St Johnstone team down on their luck needing a result. Too many times in the past we've been that team to help them change their luck- St Mirren this year already spring to mind.

Genuinely believe that if we lose next week then It's between us, County (likely bottom team) & St Mirren for play off.

& nothing wrong with having an opinion to,some posters despite what PeaGreenBoy & others would have you believe.

Id bet Motherwell to be in the mix. There are gonna be at least five teams slugging it out. So far our goal difference is a huge advantage.

Hamilton's excellent youth policy means that they've made huge sums on transfers. Hopefully we'll be in a position soon to emulate this. And, of course, they are just doing exceptionally well. Just because Archie isn't doing as well as Hamilton's manager does not mean he's doing badly. He's doing reasonably well while Neil's had an absolutely outstanding start to the season.

Sure but it shows the argument that we can't be better because we don't pay more is rubbish.....which accies player is in £2k a week?

We're not underachieving.

I can rarely mind one single period in the last 50 years when a Jags team sitting 8th in the top division could be remotely described as underachieving.

If of course Accies are brought into the equation I'd agree on a relative basis that we're underachieving. But at this point in time so I suspect are 40 other senior clubs.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

We're not underachieving.

I can rarely mind one single period in the last 50 years when a Jags team sitting 8th in the top division could be remotely described as underachieving.

If of course Accies are brought into the equation I'd agree on a relative basis that we're underachieving. But at this point in time so I suspect are 40 other senior clubs.

But accies pay less than us so shouldn't they be below us?

Thought we were a bit unlucky to lose that game. We played well and were the better team. Super support made the journey up there, well done to all that made the journey. Looking forward to hearing what they thought of the game. The difference between the teams is that they have a big centre forward full of guile. He ran the length of the pitch and shrugged off our defence to win the penalty. We played well and will pick up enough points to stay up.

He is a key player for them. Perhaps if Higginboson was available it might have made a difference to us?

But accies pay less than us so shouldn't they be below us?

And how do you know this? They made a lot of money from selling young players so they might be spending more than we can. I don't know - and neither does anyone else posting here.

Also this "we should be better than Hamilton" nonsense. Most promoted teams have a big boost in confidence from winning the 1ower league and often start their SPL season flying. We ourselves did well at the start of last season (and would have done better if we'd maybe signed Taylor earlier than we did) and Dundee are doing not bad too. Then look at Aberdeen, Motherwell, shouldn't they be at the top of the table - and how rubbish are Celtic this season? Let's see how things pan out at the end of the season, eh?

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

Why's that then?

Frans, jury out.

I always had you down as being in the 40-50 age bracket having followed Thistle for most of that time. And yet the post above comes across as someone who has never followed thistle, never mind football in general!

And how do you know this? They made a lot of money from selling young players so they might be spending more than we can. I don't know - and neither does anyone else posting here.

Also this "we should be better than Hamilton" nonsense. Most promoted teams have a big boost in confidence from winning the 1ower league and often start their SPL season flying. We ourselves did well at the start of last season (and would have done better if we'd maybe signed Taylor earlier than we did) and Dundee are doing not bad too. Then look at Aberdeen, Motherwell, shouldn't they be at the top of the table - and how rubbish are Celtic this season? Let's see how things pan out at the end of the season, eh?

Because I know one of their players and also I know a football agent.....

We pay stevenson £2k a week Hamilton do not pay anyone that much ....aren't they smart

For once the goal in the last 10 minutes can't be attributed to the manager's tactics.

I think it would've been harsh to change a winning team as was vs Motherwell also but here's my question.

Do you think it's time for Ecclestone to get a run up front? I am a Doolan fan but he's not scoring enough for me. if we're playing Craigen (& I'm a fan btw) then I think our two most central forward thinking players aren't the most composed in the box.

I think that was evident on a number of occasions today again & whilst I would never fault either of them for effort that, the guy we're paying a good wage to get us the goals should be fit by now & given the chance to show he's worth the money we're paying him.

He's scored in two of our last four games.

• Like 1

I always had you down as being in the 40-50 age bracket having followed Thistle for most of that time. And yet the post above comes across as someone who has never followed thistle, never mind football in general!

That's a poor retort from someone who is otherwise a valuable poster hereabouts PT.

How about you debate the many valid posts BGM made instead?