New Signing On The Horizon

jagfox

Then maybe we should get a left back from sevco as well. :) Find it strange a loan player moving up a league but maybe it's more common than I'd have thought. With that in mind I should really think it a dodgy move but in truth can see why.

We're just in an odd position this season with normally top level teams (with money due to big crowds) being in the lower division.

Edit -- I see LIB beat me to my point

Edited by Mr Bunny

Welcome. I hope you do very well for us.

I wonder if this means the end for Keenan. Booth, Elliott and Bannigan all play there ahead of him.

He's out the picture completely now.

Yesterday Keenan was close to becoming our only recognised full back on either side. Now it's the end for him?

Yesterday Keenan was close to becoming our only recognised full back on either side. Now it's the end for him?

The fact is that after Keenan's positional mistakes in the Dundee United and St Johnstone game, Archibald would rather play 2 players out of position than go with him.

I'm not saying that he's finished but I can't see him being happy or improving enough with playing only dev games, so his future might lie elsewhere.

Keenan's young and for me showed enough promise. In my opinion I really like the look of McDaid (for now) and Lyndsey (for future). Wilson looked very comfortable when he came on against St Johnstone as well.

Probably least impressed with Keenan but he has also had to shirk the most responsibility and to be fair was comfortable for large spells. Some bad positions and getting caught out are to be expected from a young defender - O'Donnell has played a 100 odd games and was just as bad. Wouldn't rule him out at all, but wouldn't want to go into the remainder of the season with only him and O'Donnell as recognised full backs. Although I think Elliott is more a full back than winger or striker.

If he has been on loan at Raith this year and also played for Hibs, doest that not meen he is in breach of the FIFA rule that stopped Tidser signing for Morton ? Or have I missunderstood the rule ?

He was loaned to Raith last season. Surprisingly, he played in the side that beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup despite them being his parent club.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ramsdens-cup-final-another-big-3343499

Edited by Dark Passenger

Happy with that.

Highly-rated young player who's out of contract at the end of this season. Solid season with Raith in which they knocked two decent sides out of the Scottish Cup (Hibs and Dundee) and beat Rangers in the Challenge Cup final. He chipped in with a few goals, too.

Edited by Dark Passenger

Saw him play for Raith a couple of times last season & he was their standout player, I'd hoped we'd try get him in the summer. Quite happy with the signing although I'd rather it was a permanent deal.

He's out of contract at the end of the season and it's expected Hibs won't offer him a new deal.

He's out of contract at the end of the season and it's expected Hibs won't offer him a new deal.

Yeah, doesn't mean though that if he impresses Hibs won't offer him a new deal or a rival wouldn't better our offer. I know we're probably wanting to check him out at this level but could mean we lose him if he impresses, unless there is a deal in place if he plays so many games etc.

I'll be happy with this if it's with a view to a permanent deal. Without having the energy to check, I wonder if he's of the ATS/SOD age that Hibs wouldn't be due compensation if he moves in the summer?

Anyway, nice to have someone with a fair bit of experience, potential and reported ability come in to bolster the squad. Hopefully he'll hit it off here, love it and stay for a while.