Relegation

The Cup

I'm at the stage where I am so disenchanted with the performances that I would welcome relegation so we can get back to the grind of pointless football.

I'm sure a few other feel the same way.

We are clearly a Championship level club that is drowning among the big boys. We cannot compete on any level with the likes of St Mirren or Kilmarnock and we should retreat to our safe house with games against Raith Rovers and Queen of the South.

Leave the important games to the big boys before we turn other Thistle fans off from our brand.

I'm at the stage where I am so disenchanted with the performances that I would welcome relegation so we can get back to the grind of pointless football.

We are clearly a Championship level club that is drowning among the big boys. We cannot compete on any level with the likes of St Mirren or Kilmarnock and we should retreat to our safe house with games against Raith Rovers and Queen of the South.

Leave the important games to the big boys before we turn other Thistle fans off from our brand.

Complete tosh!!!!. Get behind the team m8

Typical right wing attitude. 'We know our place' Lets dumb down, why don't we! Utterly dreadful blinkered attitude.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. The first paragraph was enough for me bud !

Thanks, just when you are feeling a bit down you come along with your comic stylings :D

Shut up you tart!

Can you "honestly not see us getting another point this season"?

• Like 2

Whilst I wouldn't sink to the level of despair of some posters on here, I've got to say I'm anything but sanguine over our ability to avoid the relegation battle this year.

This is based solely on our inability to put clear daylight I.e. More than 10 points between ourselves and our likely rivals. We have proved time and time again this year that we are not a side with any substantive ambition, beyond not being relegated. To be honest considering our recent history this is no doubt understandable.

I do however have a great fear that if push comes to shove we will be unlikely to be able to dig out results in any relegation battle.

However, I personally rate the odds of survival in our favour, if the side begin to get their act together and perhaps more importantly stop believing their own publicity.

• Like 1

I cannae wait to be playing Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath, and if we're lucky, Stranraer and Morton four times a season again.

If we relegated, do you promise to f**k off and never come back? I think that will soften the blow for everyone ... and if you're so sure we're going to go down, you can start right now if you like!

• Like 1

What a strange post. How are we drowning? We're 9th, 8 points ahead of 11th. How can't we compete with St. Mirren? We've played them 4 times this season, won 2, lost 2 and we're 7 points ahead of them in the league.

As for wanting to be in the 1st, you must have a short memory. I remember us being just as inconsistent in that division, championship season apart. The season before we went up was much like this season's panning out, never seriously in danger of relegation but still always looking over our shoulder with some trepidation. In fact we were also very inconsistent last time we were in the 2nd. I suspect that you've only enjoyed following Thistle for one season in the last 12 or so.

Posted at 9.03 in the morning. **** me that must have been some night out you have returned from cos yer clearly still under the influence !

I've been coming to Firhill since 1958 and, long ago, I was reconciled to the fact that Thistle would ALWAYS be the sort of club who gave us good days and bad and that there would be more days of anguish than of ecstasy. We are the product of an economic situation that does really not let us "move on and up". We will always be in the shadow except(it seems) for once every fifty years when we win a trophy.

There have been good times - like the recent cuffing of Hamilton - but usually more days like last Friday and the 6-0 reverse at Parkhead earlier in the season.

If you do not understand this or fail to accept it you should find yourself another team. " Real" progress is something that is not going to happen unless the Weir people come up with 10 million and then we'll do a Gretna before the funds, inevitably, run out.

• Like 5

Following thistle does not depend on winning silverware, and it's not about throwing money down a hole to try and buy yourself glory. Thanks to the Weir's academy investment we are in a better position that most to cultivate a winning team and mentality. A good manager will coordinate between the academy and the first team to develop the team he wants on the pitch without the need to make vast signings. If thistle were out of their depth in this league I could see the point of this comment, but with the exception of the Eastenders we should not be struggling..The finger is directly pointed at the manager, he must do better

I've been coming to Firhill since 1958 and, long ago, I was reconciled to the fact that Thistle would ALWAYS be the sort of club who gave us good days and bad and that there would be more days of anguish than of ecstasy. We are the product of an economic situation that does really not let us "move on and up". We will always be in the shadow except(it seems) for once every fifty years when we win a trophy.

There have been good times - like the recent cuffing of Hamilton - but usually more days like last Friday and the 6-0 reverse at Parkhead earlier in the season.

If you do not understand this or fail to accept it you should find yourself another team. " Real" progress is something that is not going to happen unless the Weir people come up with 10 million and then we'll do a Gretna before the funds, inevitably, run out.

Well you're wrong because St Johnstone and Inverness have made good progress without spending Gretna amounts of money.

In regard to us we should be at least 3 points better off and above Kilmarnock if the players were at all professional. That is enough progress for just now.

Small steps chief.

Well you're wrong because St Johnstone and Inverness have made good progress without spending Gretna amounts of money. In regard to us we should be at least 3 points better off and above Kilmarnock if the players were at all professional. That is enough progress for just now. Small steps chief.

I've got a minute so I'll bite. Your logic says that since St Mirren won at our gaff, St Johnstone beat us 2-0 at theirs and we could only manage a draw away with Kilmarnock - "We cannot compete on any level" with these teams.

You then cite Inverness as a model of "good progress". We pumped them 4-0 at their house the last time we played them. Playground rules state that you must now declare us champions of the universe. So there.