Dear Abdul...

Blues Brother

...Firstly I'd like to say what a great addition to the team you are.

You are what is known as a "water carrier" on the pitch, I feel that does you a disservice

you are a fine footballer who has been one of our most reliable players this season.

However there's one thing that's missing from your game, that's the courage to shoot

at goal there's been a few times this season where you could've had a pop at goal.

Yet you continually shy away from doing so,why?

If you feel that your ball striking isn't good enough then go and practice it.

I'd like nothing better than to see you get your laces through one and burst the net.

Kind regards

BB

He should shoot more but that goes for the whole team. We're too namby-pamby.

I agree with Pinhead. Osman largely flatters to deceive and he was dominated by a half fit Osbourne on Friday.

Seabourne has been more consistent and far more influential to the team's results.

How many wins have we got when Seabourne is out the team?

I think he has been one of the most consistent this year. One issue is he is quite negative, as is Bannigan. One of them needs to take the responsibility for driving forward balls - it should be Bannigan really. Then Osman can carry on doing what he does best, breaking up attacks, relieving pressure and passing onto our flair players.

I think he has been one of the most consistent this year. One issue is he is quite negative, as is Bannigan. One of them needs to take the responsibility for driving forward balls - it should be Bannigan really. Then Osman can carry on doing what he does best, breaking up attacks, relieving pressure and passing onto our flair players.

Yip Agree with that totally. A central attacking midfeilder that can get into the box would win us far more games.

Mentioned this on previous thread - feel this season the key thing we've missed is a threat from central midfield breaking beyond the forwards ala Erskine in recent seasons.

I think Abdul has been decent but lack of pace and sideways/backward passing often prevents taking advantage of a good position.

Personally I think he and Bannigan have been too similar and prefer one of those two plus Fraser who is more attack minded / likely to chip in with a goal.

As identical to my view as makes no difference. No reason to disagree with the OP in so much as driving forward and snapping up shooting opportunities isn't Abdul's strong point. Banzo tho' is much better equipped for the job and imo knocks back nearly as many opportunities as Osman. Bannigan is considerably more mobile and fleeter of foot so more likely to make quick space for a shot.

btw Nice to have a thread topic that for once solicits constructive criticism. Sadly it probably won't t stop those that only see and think in monochrome adding their tuppence worth.

• Like 1

Didn't Bannigan used to do just that, and score on occasion?

Bannigan been used in a few roles including left of front 3 at one point.

Genuinely thought he doesn't look comfortable in the attacking midfield role. Not saying he can't do it but doesn't make the same runs as someone like Craigen.

I reckon Craigen the most natural at that position & if he added a few more goals with the runs he makes there he'd be first pick.

He's been caught on the ball a few times in the last couple of games, much to my frustration, and also has a habit of ball watching and letting players run off him. That's my only real criticism of him. He's taken over from Osbourne as the cleanest tackler I've seen and I think his shortcomings are becoming more apparent because of the high standards he set at the beginning of the season. His habit of playing the simple ball will probably stand both him and the team in good stead if the state of the pitch continues to decline.

He seems to have a habit of getting caught in possession once per game, but usually seems to make up with it with a perfectly-timed challenge to win the ball back, which I suppose makes up for it. I'd arguably say that Osman is our Makelele who does all the dirty work in our midfield lays the ball to others to build attacks with long passes, through balls etc. As much as I like Bannigan, this is why Osman should be playing with Fraser in CM. Osman wins the ball back and can hand it to Fraser who has the ability to make defence splitting passes.

By far our weakest player ! Don't know what folk see in him, other than "he is foreign so must be good" tag that thistle fans seem to adore.

Hawd on a minute. I thought it was Craigen who was the weakest player, or was it Higgy. I could be wrong it maybe banzo, but saying that on his day lawless is pish as well. Then on the other hand what about Elliot he's shit as well, and then there's stevo who must be the worst signing ever, but there shouldn't be any surprises to us cos we have a manager who is the worst ever at our club.

So to sum things up for us all we have a team full of weak/shit players who are being managed by a shit management team. Oh what pride I feel to be a partick thistle fan right now.

• Like 2

Osman has been one of our best players this season, although he looked a wee bit off the pace against Killie and he had his poorest game in a Thistle shirt on Friday night.

In fairness, he was asked to play a slightly different role on Friday, one that he possibly isn't best suited to. I know he isn't always Mr Popular on here but I thought we badly missed James Craigen's tenacity against St Mirren.

To say he was dominated by Osbourne on Friday - what a load of nonsense.

Osbourne yet again had to go off injured on Friday night and not for the first time this season either. We are definitely better off with Osman who has very rarely missed a game this season.

Agree. Thought they both cancelled each other out to be honest as they were playing each other and lost focus on the actual match though.

Osbourne only had to go off injured after a wild tackle from Osman after he'd lost the rag chasing the game.

I've seen reds for less than that.

ossy.jpg

Osman might be less injury prone but he's not as good as Osbourne.

But feel free to disagree with me simply because I dare to give a different opinion to the clique. It's the way it goes on here.

• Like 2

Osman is a far better player. You saw how St Mirren played on Friday. Osbourne always looks good but I actually think his rampages around the pitch completely off put his team mates. He doesn't let the team have any shape and he isn't a good passer of the ball. Our record when Osbourbe played was awful, think we only won one or two games with him starting last year.

Totally agree that there should be more attacking play with, as soon as we see the net, more shots. Far too many pointless passing, years from now it’s the goals that’s remembered not the safe pass. Bannigan used to fill that role but with his career all but finished it’s left to Frazer the only player with the balls and a half decent shot to have a go. As for Ironman Jamesie Craigen, a mild curry could blow the ball with more power. Osbourne done a good job for us last season, but Osman I feel is an all round better player, certainly the only ball winning mid fielder we have. The lack of confidence in the oppositions half is the remit of the manager to correct.