Same Old Jags

CCJags

Yet another cave in and choke from the Jags today!!

Players, management and club deserve f@ck all if you never EVER learn from same mistakes and yet the players cannot see out another game.

I realise its a sour taste at this time but it's a joke we keep doing this and NEVER manage to reverse it.

They have a big problem now this season to survive imo.

• Like 1

Feel we should be doing better with the players wee have why did lawless not get on the park he' must have most assists for us this season ! Why did stevo not start after playing so well recently ? Why is bannigan starting he's been piss poor recently and confidence looks so low ! Only good thing we have done recently is give mcdaid a chance

1 win in 10 now.

im not a happy clapper or a knicker wetter but we are in trouble with this form and that is just a fact.

Higgy has been sh1te for a while but we've not seen him start yet with Taylor,I think a lot of us thought LTs arrival might spark higgy back to form.Personally I would start higgy every time to see if his form returns.He wont get it back sitting on the bench and he's our most influential player.

Archie has done the hard part by assembling a very good squad of players with the funds available but he needs to sort out the tactics and team selection feckin pronto.

The ross county game will be season defining ....................no doubt about it.

Edited by angry gaz
  • Like 1

Feel we should be doing better with the players wee have why did lawless not get on the park he' must have most assists for us this season ! Why did stevo not start after playing so well recently ? Why is bannigan starting he's been piss poor recently and confidence looks so low ! Only good thing we have done recently is give mcdaid a chance

agree.. stevo should be starting if fit in all games important player and been playing ok recently too, Lawless is clearly is not fav of archie .. been great this season too imo.. how elliott starts ahead of him and sometimes craigen is beyond me.. free fall at moment though.. ross county games must win now ... some the tactics stink and are a bit odd, wee bit concerned.. hope Archie turns us round and the players step up.. other thing before I forget,, McMillan suspension issue has to be sorted one way or another or at least let us know what is going on.

The main question is, why was Fraser brought in to replace Stevo when he plays the same position as bannigan who is playing like a f*d. Fraser for bannigan, not Fraser for Stevo Archie. Are u blind???? Sorry who's scored our goals recently apart from the accies game? Oh aye that Stevo bloke, however we might get a point so let's play two neil Lennon types in front of a dodgy defence in the hope we get a point fae a championship team promoted last year.

Amateur stuff again, either 38 seconds fae the start or 38 seconds from the end. Do you know one team less professional than us?

Was watching the west Bromwich game today to hear the comment that Claudio Yacob, after a two footed tackle, was there to break up the midfield. Just thought “big deal Bannigan does that job for us”. Yes time after time when we’re on the attack Stuart will more often as not break the attack up...

One thing is crystal clear to me: thistle fans, in general, all agree that there is something seriously wrong with the team at the moment. I am not an Archie 'hater' however it seems to me that he has lost his way recently (as a previous poster mentioned since McMillangate) and it has become serious. I believe the dressing room has now decided our fate and only drastic action can save our season. Team selection has been random at best over the last few weeks. Today, Stevenson being benched (bar injury) is a disgrace. Bannigan is 2 months overdue being dropped. Last Saturday's team was a joke and the knee jerk on Wednesday was also wrong. Against Celtic we should be playing like the away team on the break. They will always have more pressure and possession. Higgy, lawless and the like are perfect for that type of game. Come on Archie, you are a thistle legend but ffs enough is enough.

• Like 1

Same old Thistle indeed.

I have been supporting Thistle since 1991. How many seasons in the top flight in that time? 6, 7, 8? Forgive my addled old brain. In those seasons we have always been in severe danger of relegation or actually relegated. This season is the least worried I have ever been about retaining our status. We might get dragged into it but at the moment we are ok.

Anybody else remember watching terrible, terrible performances from Lambie's Jags and gathering at the front of the South terracing to hurl abuse at the great man after games? Some of the tosh on here is the 21st century version of this. '...the dressing room has now decided our fate...' Oh dear, get a grip.

• Like 5

agree.. stevo should be starting if fit in all games important player and been playing ok recently too, Lawless is clearly is not fav of archie .. been great this season too imo.. how elliott starts ahead of him and sometimes craigen is beyond me.. free fall at moment though.. ross county games must win now ... some the tactics stink and are a bit odd, wee bit concerned.. hope Archie turns us round and the players step up.. other thing before I forget,, McMillan suspension issue has to be sorted one way or another or at least let us know what is going on.

lawless must be our highest player for assists surely this season he's improved his game tracking back also whys he been dropped ? Its ridiculous ! Agree big stevo has too start behind the striker especially if we go 1 up front a just don't get it ! Elliot will get up and down the park all day but not very creative so attacking wise who was gona take a player on or create something today ? It's getting to a stage I'm dreading aeeing out team on a Saturday nothing changes formation wise and when personnel changes it's usually some 1 in not there best position

Same old Thistle indeed.

I have been supporting Thistle since 1991. How many seasons in the top flight in that time? 6, 7, 8? Forgive my addled old brain. In those seasons we have always been in severe danger of relegation or actually relegated. This season is the least worried I have ever been about retaining our status. We might get dragged into it but at the moment we are ok.

Anybody else remember watching terrible, terrible performances from Lambie's Jags and gathering at the front of the South terracing to hurl abuse at the great man after games? Some of the tosh on here is the 21st century version of this. '...the dressing room has now decided our fate...' Oh dear, get a grip.

I've been supporting the Jags since 1966 - seen it all all, and I reckon that right now we could end up like Hibs last season unless we get our act together quick style.

With the greatest of respect to you - we are in trouble. Seen it before. You may have faith, but I have experience.........

Same old Thistle indeed.

Difference this time is there is no Rangers, hearts, or hibs in the league and therefore our expectations should be higher. Difference then was that lambie had the team fighting for their lives, don't see that at the moment. Despite your vast experience as a supporter of thistle, if you think that this season is the "least worried you are about retaining our status" then you are clearly deluded.

• Like 2

Difference this time is there is no Rangers, hearts, or hibs in the league and therefore our expectations should be higher. Difference then was that lambie had the team fighting for their lives, don't see that at the moment. Despite your vast experience as a supporter of thistle, if you think that this season is the "least worried you are about retaining our status" then you are clearly deluded.

Nice one ;)

I've been supporting the Jags since 1966 - seen it all all, and I reckon that right now we could end up like Hibs last season unless we get our act together quick style.

With the greatest of respect to you - we are in trouble. Seen it before. You may have faith, but I have experience.........

Agree with Barney here, the comparison to last seasons' HIibs is there. We're not winning games but people are saying we'll be ok, Well we wont be. Archie deserves criticism, he doesn't seem to know his best team or formation anymore or even what style we should be playing and he's running out of time. If we go into the split like this we'll be caught.