stillresigned

I'd rather have none on a Thistle forum, especially as there is no real relevance to us

Why would you even go looking for this one? http://rangers.co.uk...lReport2015.pdf

i didn't, it was in where i reading about the 7.5 mil and i like a giggle

i will make sure i pm you first to see if my posts/ topics are OK with you then :thumbsup2:

I doubt it will change much for Rangers. The SPFL have said that they won't take away their titles or fine them but for an exercise in point scoring against their fans, this is gold.

Don't forget - even if Murray decides to challenge this and is successful - they already admitted several EBts were tax dodging down to side letters being discovered "unexpectedly" (i.e. when the police raided Ibrox). The case after that has been whether it was logical to assume that the other EBTs were the same kind of thing. An important point is that they lied to the SFA about ALL their EBTs - this is what the LNS tribunal was about - and were found guilty of doing so which is why OldCo was fined (though it should have had titles stripped as small clubs have been thrown out of competitions by the SFA for far less like forgetting to put in a date). The tribunal jokingly suggested the other clubs in the league could have used EBTs too - maybe that should be revisited in light of the latest ruling (though it still could go to the Supreme court if Murray wants to risk losing more money).

That may seem a bit too much to say but you have keep pounding out stuff like that because the MSM lies about this keep getting pumped out and they need challenging with facts and arguments which require more typing than just saying it's a load of rubbish.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 4

Murray flogged a maggot-ridden Oldco off to the nearest chancer who could produce the princely sum of one shiny, or dull, pound coin. Then he ran like fcuk in the opposite direction (figuratively speaking, of course). What he would have to gain from pumping further gazillions of dosh into a hopeless appeal case against Team HMRC, the Lord alone knows.

What we do know, and as has been eminently well illustrated on here, the mutant successor thing that came into being in order to sustain the old bastions of medieval bigotry and rank prejudice, yelled from the rooftops that they were still ra same berz. Ok, simples: pay your tax bill now or die another ignominious death you vile, parasitic tax-dodging scroungers. We honest tax payers have no intention of funding your grotesque project any longer.

• Like 6

Couldn't have put it more cogently myself!

Murray flogged a maggot-ridden Oldco off to the nearest chancer who could produce the princely sum of one shiny, or dull, pound coin. Then he ran like fcuk in the opposite direction (figuratively speaking, of course). What he would have to gain from pumping further gazillions of dosh into a hopeless appeal case against Team HMRC, the Lord alone knows.

What we do know, and as has been eminently well illustrated on here, the mutant successor thing that came into being in order to sustain the old bastions of medieval bigotry and rank prejudice, yelled from the rooftops that they were still ra same berz. Ok, simples: pay your tax bill now or die another ignominious death you vile, parasitic tax-dodging scroungers. We honest tax payers have no intention of funding your grotesque project any longer.

Another interesting article from Bill Leckie

History lesson If Gers want to live in the past they must accept the bad baggage too

By BILL LECKIE

published

EVERY day in this country, more than 30 poor sods go bankrupt.

With one sweep of a pen, they lose the lot — the business, the house, the car, the jewellery, the paintings, the holiday cottage, often even the wife and weans.

It’s how it is. You want to walk away from all that debt, you have to wave goodbye to all that stuff that got you in it.

Main Image

Gers and fans should stop living in past in case it costs them dear

Except, it appears, if you’re Rangers.

Who this past week have reiterated that they have nothing to do with the regime whose spending sent the club into a spiral of disintegration.

While very publicly demonstrating their need to trade on the results OF that spending.

Between the Broomloan and Sandy Jardine stands, a giant billboard plugs stadium tours, the biggest faces drawing punters in are those of Gazza and Brian Laudrup.

At half-time, the current team 3-0 up on Alloa in a ho-hum second-tier fixture, the big screen entertainment is a 4-2 Old Firm win with goals from Albertz, Amoruso and Amato.

As the second half slowly and goal-lessly unwinds, the wee Ultras in the bottom corner behind the bored Wes Foderingham’s goal keep themselves awake with songs about Nacho Novo, Barry Ferguson, Stefan Klos and more from what we might unkindly call EBT United.

Yet here, just to remind ourselves, is the statement issued from Ibrox on Wednesday after Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs won their appeal against what has become known as The Big Tax Case:

“The Rangers Football Club and the entities which currently own and manage it are not party to these proceedings nor do we have any say in what happens. The proceedings are a matter for those affected by them.”

Now, at this point we’ll skip over the fact that this statement comes less than two months after Dave King’s suggestion that they somehow reverse time and “bring the Oldco back”, words that go down in folklore along with Ally McCoist’s about not doing walking away.

Instead, we’ll ask one simple question. Which is that if said proceedings are a matter for “those affected by them” shouldn’t the trinkets accumulated by “those affected” be consigned to the past in the same way?

By this, I’m not calling for Rangers to be stripped of titles. If the SFA and SPFL want to go down that road, let them buy the tin hats and dig the trenches.

No, all I’m saying is that if the present regime want to argue that the debts of the past should be presented to the owners of the past, wouldn’t it be sensible to stop defining themselves by the teams of the past?

Sitting there on Saturday, a lone angry man behind us in the Main Stand yelling a non-stop tirade about it’s all the scumbag press’ fault, it struck home more clearly than ever that Dave King and his cohorts are playing a very dangerous game of bluff with both the fiscal and the footballing authorities.

Like I say, my sympathies do edge towards them on the tax thing, because as I wrote many, many times back in the day, David Murray ran Rangers like so many ordinary punters when bills are out of control; refinancing, juggling credit cards, paying for luxuries on the never-never.

I warned it could only end in tears and took boundless abuse for it from the fans who said I was just “hurtin’ cos we’re winnin’ everyhin’.”

How Murray has stayed out of it all since it went pear-shaped is an escapology act David Blaine would applaud.

He ran the EBT scheme, he sanctioned all those mega-inflated transfer fees with no possible sell-on value, he borrowed millions against season ticket income — and he got away with it because, unlike the average hard-pressed householder, he had pals in high places in the banks.

So, yes, if I was someone sitting at the sharp end of Rangers Football Club 15 to 20 years on, trying to pick up the pieces and somehow stagger out of the wreckage clutching something to be proud of, I too would be trying to put as much distance as humanly possible between myself and “Sir” David.

Fact is, though, that when HMRC have the bit between their teeth they go after anything they deem as “live” — and unfortunately for Rangers, that means Ibrox Stadium, its fixtures and its fittings.

If the men from the ministry had been snooping around on Saturday, they might have looked at that billboard for stadium tours, watched the big screens and listened to the songs.

And they might well have doubted if there really WAS the kind of distance Dave King and Co. would like the world to believe was between them and the sins of the past.

So it seems like it’s time for Rangers Football Club to finally make a monumental decision.

Do they genuinely want a future where they’re free of all this scandal? Or do they want to cling to the past until it turns round and chokes them?

It’s tough to let go of so much history and heritage, so many great memories. But sometimes in life, no matter how hard you wish for it, you just can’t have everything.

• Like 4

On a day that person or persons associated with their club are found guilty of monkey gestures, taunting disabled supporters of other clubs, and alleged singing of sectarian songs on public transport* we get the "let bygones be bygones" suggestion from the current ownership of whatever it is they allegedly own. Surely even the thickest, most denying, ignorant, bigoted adherant of that club can surely see that those of us who do not subscribe to their version of events have just about had enough of this crass nonsense.

In a way watching the 1981 Hallowe'en victory on Sportscene recently had a bitter sweet impact - yes it was nice to see (although present on the day I had never seen the goals on telly before), but the losers that day were representing a club that now no longer exists and, in my view, we have yet to play the replacement.

(*For balance perhaps it should be pointed out that their twin sectarian club's supporters similarly disgraced themselves (and, in so doing, acted exactly as one would predict) in their conduct during the minute's silence at Dingwall - jings they don't half deserve each other.)

Added today (10-11) The news is full of the cheating Russian athletes story - sporting integrity etc. Perhaps pharmaceutical cheating is different from financial cheating but both are forms of cheating and both should perhaps be seen in a similar light. I wonder if the Russian Olympic people will dismiss their cheating with a "let bygones be bygones" plea.

Edited by JeanieD
  • Like 2