Mcmillan

BowenBoys

If the drug is the same as was rumoured, he's got next to no chance of playing anywhere this season. Mensing got a month's ban for using a banned substance in a dietary supplement. Regardless, he clearly has an addiction problem. Unless that's sorted, he's going re-offend. Personally i don't care. He's caused a whole lot of unnecessary upheaval. The SFA should throw the book at him.

La Scimmia. You really are an arrogant, sanctimonious person.

If you think he "clearly has" an addiction problem then he needs help.

Do you not think that losing his job, losing his income and being humiliated for the whole country to see is not punishment enough?

Judging by your constant holier than though attitude over the years i suppose he should be tarred, feathered and banned for life?

• Like 2

If the drug is the same as was rumoured, he's got next to no chance of playing anywhere this season. Mensing got a month's ban for using a banned substance in a dietary supplement.

Regardless, he clearly has an addiction problem. Unless that's sorted, he's going re-offend. Personally i don't care. He's caused a whole lot of unnecessary upheaval. The SFA should throw the book at him.

Can you explain how it is clear that he has an addiction problem please?

I have no idea what the drug was rumoured to be so genuinely interested how it is known that he is 'addicted'.

Edited by Jag

The SFA action is yet to happen.

if a tennis player fails a drug test neither the atp nor his national federation is held responsible. if an athlete fails, then the entire team is not kicked out of the olympics/world championships or whatever. when diego maradona failed drug test at the 1994 world cup in the united states, argentina were not charged with any offence. therefore, i fail to see how thistle could be held culpable for a player's stupidity

Edited by robphil

If the drug is the same as was rumoured, he's got next to no chance of playing anywhere this season. Mensing got a month's ban for using a banned substance in a dietary supplement.

Regardless, he clearly has an addiction problem. Unless that's sorted, he's going re-offend. Personally i don't care. He's caused a whole lot of unnecessary upheaval. The SFA should throw the book at him.

IF and it's a big IF, Jordan did admit to being an addict or that he had a problem then the club would have to have given him help instead of sacking him. In this day and age if you are alcohol or drug dependent and admit it then help has to be given and also sometimes written into a new agreement that he would have to attend AA or a drug unit. Also another test would be arranged in about 6 wks time. If he failed that or any of the new contract agreement then he could be sacked. So as the club have sacked him, Jordan never stated he had a problem with drink or drugs. So what you have written above is total bollox and obviously someone who is so out of touch with the way the real world works. To claim someone is an addict when you probably know nothing about him is low.

• Like 1

Unlike some on here I fail to see the utility of 'throwing the book at him'. The guy apparently did wrong and has reaped the reward for his alleged misdemeanour. In my opinion he acted in an incredibly stupid manner, if the reports are to be believed. However, in view of the fact that the guy has lost his job and suffered huge damage to his reputation, I personally feel he should be left to get on with his life and hopefully rehabilitate himself. This is the twenty- first century not the eighteenth

• Like 1

I have absolutely no knowledge about what lies behind McMillan's sacking, but I would be surprised if the Club sacked him for failing a single drug test, when the normal response would be to offer help and support. This response would fit in with my perception of the Club's attitudes and code of conduct. The published story does not preclude the other rumour about high jinks on the players' night out, and in fact may re-inforce it by dint of the Club being faced with two incidents and then having to act. Whatever the full story, it should be put to rest, and I hope that there are no repercussions as far as points deduction is concerned.

The fact that he returned a positive test, to me is evidence enough that he has an addiction. If you are at a stage of drug taking, that you continue to take it, fully aware you run the risk of a test, if you take it as a match day approaches.... That to me says you are addicted, either that, or you are a fckin moron.

The fact that the earliest "publicised" incident took place 3 months ago, until he was sacked, would suggest the club did everything to support him.

Edited by potty trained

The fact that he returned a positive test, to me is evidence enough that he has an addiction. If you are at a stage of drug taking, that you continue to take it, fully aware you run the risk of a test, if you take it as a match day approaches.... That to me says you are addicted, either that, or you are a fckin moron.

The fact that the earliest "publicised" incident took place 3 months ago, until he was sacked, would suggest the club did everything to support him.

As I said earlier, I have no idea what the drug was/is but I would guess that it is cocaine we are talking about. Plenty of people go out and take coke at the weekend but are no more addicted to it than most people are to alcohol.

It usually leaves the system in a couple of days but, in some cases, can still be detected in urine four or five days later. It could easily have been the case that someone went out at the weekend, over indulged and thought it will be OK to take a few lines, thinking "I've not got a game for four days". That's why I would possibly class him in the "fckin moron" category you speak of rather than an addict. Which then takes me back to my original question to La Scimmia Rossa of 'how is it clear'? I'm not saying that there is no chance of him being addicted, I'm just saying that it isn't clear. Not to me anyway.

• Like 2

As I said earlier, I have no idea what the drug was/is but I would guess that it is cocaine we are talking about. Plenty of people go out and take coke at the weekend but are no more addicted to it than most people are to alcohol.

It usually leaves the system in a couple of days but, in some cases, can still be detected in urine four or five days later. It could easily have been the case that someone went out at the weekend, over indulged and thought it will be OK to take a few lines, thinking "I've not got a game for four days". That's why I would possibly class him in the "fckin moron" category you speak of rather than an addict. Which then takes me back to my original question to La Scimmia Rossa of 'how is it clear'? I'm not saying that there is no chance of him being addicted, I'm just saying that it isn't clear. Not to me anyway.

Given the complete lack of facts on this can we just not accept he did something serious enough to lose his job and move on

• Like 4

Given the complete lack of facts on this can we just not accept he did something serious enough to lose his job and move on

I accept that he has done something serious but it is due of the complete lack of facts that I asked the question in the first place, to which the poster didn't reply.

I accept that he has done something serious but it is due of the complete lack of facts that I asked the question in the first place, to which the poster didn't reply.

Unless the club or Macmillan tell you the facts - which I suspect legally they are prevented from doing - you are not going to know

The actions taken and the outcome are a clear indication of the serious nature of the offence

Unless the club or Macmillan tell you the facts - which I suspect legally they are prevented from doing - you are not going to know

The actions taken and the outcome are a clear indication of the serious nature of the offence

Which, in effect, backs up my original question. Don't want this to drag on Javeajag but my original question on post #77 of the thread asks another poster on the forum to explain why something on the matter was clear. He didn't manage to reply to my question.

Anyway, I'm going to do as I'm told and move on now

Unlike some on here I fail to see the utility of 'throwing the book at him'. The guy apparently did wrong and has reaped the reward for his alleged misdemeanour. In my opinion he acted in an incredibly stupid manner, if the reports are to be believed. However, in view of the fact that the guy has lost his job and suffered huge damage to his reputation, I personally feel he should be left to get on with his life and hopefully rehabilitate himself. This is the twenty- first century not the eighteenth

Fair comment.

Just as an aside my impression of McMillan as a footballer is that he is by no means a natural talent and he's clearly had to work hard at his game. Bad enough when someone with innate talent jeopardises their career but you could argue a case of easy come easy go. Just my opinion of course but when someone has had to work that much harder to get to whatever level he/she's reached it's that bit sadder.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

He was very stupid, but everyone is due another chance. I hope he can get his life back on track and hopefully he can find another club, but sadly I think that will prove to be very difficult

Ignorant of a lot of what happened and I haven't read or heard anything of his appeal. He really needs to get this over with and get on with his career. Even with a lengthy ban and/or a suspended sentence you think Jordan could still attract a full time club albeit down a division or two below us. One or even two of his former clubs possibly?

Maybe one day he'll get to see out his contract.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett