Bottom 6 Fixture Dates

sick in the basin

It would seem to me that those arranging the fixtures are trying to get us out of the division by disadvantaging us where possible. Last season we had more away games after the split than home games and it will be the same again this season, some are even suggesting it may be 4 away games and 1 home game this time. I would have thought we should have got the reverse of what we did last season this time around in the grand scheme of things. Dundee taking Motherwell's place in the top 6 has definitely put a spanner of the works of the league fixture computer.

I don't get this. Surely the simplest thing would have been to arrange the fixtures by position 1 plays position 2 and so on. number of home/away is just luck of draw but can at least ensure all get at least 2 home games. Re TV games might be a problem in a different league but we know who the top team are going to be so that's not a problem and besides they would just change the fixtures anyway

I suppose if Hibs Hearts and sevco were eventually up then they would want to arrange for TV re derbies but then I'd recommend some competence. Computers should be able to churn out fixtures in minutes, it's just a matter of entering the right teams/positions in time. Organise things so there's no hangover fixtures and it shouldn't be a problem.

Friday April 24, 2015

Hamilton Accies V Motherwell - Live on BT Sport, 7.45pm

Saturday April 25, 2015

Dundee V St Johnstone

Inverness CT V Aberdeen

Ross County V Partick Thistle

St Mirren V Kilmarnock

Sunday April 26, 2015

Dundee United V Celtic - Live on Sky Sports, 12.30pm

Friday May 1, 2015

Celtic v Dundee - Live on Sky Sports, 7.45pm

Saturday May 2, 2015

Dundee United v Aberdeen

St Johnstone v Inverness CT

Kilmarnock v Hamilton Accies

Motherwell v Ross County

Partick Thistle v St Mirren

Friday May 8, 2015

Motherwell v Kilmarnock - Live on BT Sport, 7.45pm

Saturday May 9, 2015

Dundee v Inverness CT

St Johnstone v Dundee United

Hamilton Accies v Partick Thistle

Ross County v St Mirren

Sunday May 10, 2015

Aberdeen v Celtic - Live on Sky Sports, 2.30pm

Friday May 15, 2015

St Johnstone v Celtic - Live on BT Sport, 7.45pm

Saturday May 16, 2015

Dundee v Aberdeen

Inverness CT v Dundee United

Partick Thistle v Kilmarnock

Ross County v Hamilton Accies

St Mirren v Motherwell

** Saturday May 23, 2015

Hamilton Accies v St Mirren, kick-off TBC

Kilmarnock v Ross County, kick-off TBC

Motherwell v Partick Thistle, kick-off TBC

Sunday May 24, 2015

Aberdeen v St Johnstone, kick-off 12.30pm

Celtic v Inverness CT - Live on Sky Sports, 12.30pm

Dundee United v Dundee, kick-off 12.30pm

** Matches on Saturday May 23 may be reschduled for Friday May 22.

Kick-offs 3.00pm unless stated

After 33 games everyone will have played 17 home and 16 away, or vice versa.

I`ve had a look at where everyone is due to play each other after the split.

It`s very unlikely Thistle will be given 4 away games, and one home, so the simple solution is we`ll play St.Mirren at home for a third time, which would give us, and St.Mirren 19 H, 19 A.

However, if the rest of the fixtures go to schedule, Killie will end up with 18 H, 20 A, and the rest will end up 19/19.

If Killie`s were changed then somebody else would end up with 18/20.

Maybe I`m missing something, and will be proved wrong, but I don't see any way that everyone will end up with 19 H, 19 A.

P.S. Haven`t worked out the top 6 (who cares).

St. Mirren visit Firhill for the 3rd time, and Killie end up with 18 home and 20 away games.

How can they not even know the day for the last set of fixtures? Good luck to Ross County fans trying to get to Kilmarnock on a Friday evening at late notice for what could be a massive game.

I suspect that BT Sport are trying to decide if they want to screen any of the matches. That could be the only reason for switching to a Friday and they would only want to do that if there was still something to play for. Anyway, since when did they ever bother about the supporters ?

I suspect that BT Sport are trying to decide if they want to screen any of the matches. That could be the only reason for switching to a Friday and they would only want to do that if there was still something to play for. Anyway, since when did they ever bother about the supporters ?

I can't in all honesty remember the "when" but most certainly Doncaster, Regan etc haven't ever given a toss.

We can go into the split and assert our authority with a strong win (as in just a win!) over County. If we get that result then I fully believe we will push on for seventh, interestingly County then play Well so a win for Motherwell could drag County back into it. Although it is probably best for us just for Motherwell to lose and confirm our place in the top flight asap. No games at Firhill for a while is a bit disappointing.

See Killie are putting in a complaint. SPFL say they will consider it but how do they do that now without creating a problem for at least one other club?

Good for them. They are quite right to protest.

Impossible to make the post-split fixtures fair, of course. That's the stupidity of the system.

Regarding the home game request to celebrate an important anniversary, who the hell do Kilmarnock think they are? Celtic?

I thought that when Doncaster came up with the name SPFL, the second word was a reference to a new, fair and well run administration. Recent events prove otherwise.

Edited by BowenBoys

Regarding the home game request to celebrate an important anniversary, who the hell do Kilmarnock think they are? Celtic?

I thought that was hilarious, on that basis maybe we can request all home ties in the 2021 Scottish Cup :D

Edited by jaggy

Let me rephrase that. I think that all Kilmarnock wanted was that one of their home games be played on that date. We are all, hopefully including Doncaster, aware that club finances are fragile. An important anniversary, big crowd etc.. I don't see what's wrong with that request. I bet that Celtic would have got what they wanted.

Let me rephrase that. I think that all Kilmarnock wanted was that one of their home games be played on that date. We are all, hopefully including Doncaster, aware that club finances are fragile. An important anniversary, big crowd etc.. I don't see what's wrong with that request. I bet that Celtic would have got what they wanted.

Completely agree with you. Not an altogether unreasonable request from Killie looking to boost their coffers, relations with fans and hopefully attract more new ones. God forbid any of these are supported by the SPFL.

I can't believe that an organisation can make so many f#ck ups in one day resulting in so much bad press that the head of said organisation could possibly retain his position. But then there is a history of such days passing without any action being taken.

As I understand it Killie are seething as the request was just dismissed out of hand. I also understand that the Budge lady is going for the jugular as I believe she thinks Doncaster acted unprofessionally re the fixture thingy.

is there a possibility that they might change some of the fixtures, I have a chance of getting over for the St Mirren game, but don't want to book anything, just in case they make this an even bigger mess than It already is