Play-Off Cash Distribution

read'n'yell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32319194

Motherwell, Hibs and Hearts wanting to cut it from 50% of gate receipts to 25% of receipts. Personally, I think it would be good from our point of view as realistically we could be involved in the play-offs more than most clubs. While the amount of money when we are not in the play-offs will be negligible really and when everyone gets it, there is no advantage.

Quite funny as Motherwell must be seriously thinking they will be involved, not too good a pre-split morale boost for the players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/32319194

Motherwell, Hibs and Hearts wanting to cut it from 50% of gate receipts to 25% of receipts. Personally, I think it would be good from our point of view as realistically we could be involved in the play-offs more than most clubs. While the amount of money when we are not in the play-offs will be negligible really and when everyone gets it, there is no advantage.

Quite funny as Motherwell must be seriously thinking they will be involved, not too good a pre-split morale boost for the players.

I wouldn't read too much into Motherwell being involved. Hearts are mentioned and they will certainly not be in any play-off this year.

I don't see why it should be changed in the middle of a season. If Motherwell go down they'll get a hefty parachute payment as it is. I hope the other clubs don't cave in to their greed.

I think all Thistle fans should remember how in the past rules were changed while the season was still in progress to allow a certain highland club take our place. So we ought to be for making the rules the rules and changes only being made between seasons - no making it up as you go along.

Also this money is apparently for distribution amongst other clubs who didn't get promoted or make it to the play-offs. So it's not just being pocketed to give Doncaster a night out.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I don't see why it should be changed in the middle of a season. If Motherwell go down they'll get a hefty parachute payment as it is. I hope the other clubs don't cave in to their greed.

I don't have a problem with clubs debating rule changes to be voted for by all but I agree, rule changes should be implemented next season at the earliest.

Not at all like Motherwell to try to force a dodgy rule through for their own self interest.

Not at all like them. It's previously been the Scottish League or SPL that have done the dodgy work for them.

And I see Doncaster has sanctioned a fixture date change for TV that in effect means the last round of Championship matches don't coincide. Hibs are likely losers with this and perhaps QoS as well.

And I see Doncaster has sanctioned a fixture date change for TV that in effect means the last round of Championship matches don't coincide. Hibs are likely losers with this and perhaps QoS as well.

One for the brass neck of the clown department http://sport.stv.tv/football/317418-regan-final-fixtures-must-be-played-at-same-time-for-sporting-integrity/

Regan-

Sporting integrity is fundamental to any competition
. Taken how long for him to grasp that?

This whole thing just makes the SPFL and a few member clubs look so desperate for any sort of cash, that they'd pawn their own dignity. Pathetic and embarrassing.

That's a good point. They are selling clubs out for pennies - it might still be wrong if they were making mega-bucks but at least you could understand it.

If the clubs have already agreed these rules (?) then I fail to see how they can be changed during the season. To be frank when you take this together with the appaling way in which the SPFL have handled the final Campionship game, surely Doncasters got to be getting his joggers!

Maybe they can't:

SPFL U-turn: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-bow-pressure-put-rangers-5528778

I don't think this farce has been mentioned yet (and could still affect us, though I'm confident it won't):

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-fixture-chaos-scottish-footballs-5527145

Ineptitude doesn't cover half of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen Sevco's latest? Their arrogance is unbelievable. If they don't want to play to the rules they should find another league to play in. Three years after Armageddon and I've yet to hear one football fan, with exception of their ugly step-sister, who wants them back in the top league.

Seen Sevco's latest? Their arrogance is unbelievable. If they don't want to play to the rules they should find another league to play in. Three years after Armageddon and I've yet to hear one football fan, with exception of their ugly step-sister, who wants them back in the top league.

What's happened??

So the SPFL allowed Hibs to do it last season and therefore a precedent has been set. I am outraged by a lot of things that happen at Ibrox but fail to see why you blame them for this. SPFL bent the rules.

Yeah, I see that. To be honest I'd only seen the teletext story which didn't mention the Hibs precedent. You wonder why they bother with rules really.