Not In My Name

BowenBoys

Penalties in the SPFL this year. Poor Celtic...

23lnzog.jpg

I don't know how significant this is but if you compare the five other bottom six clubs they're either level on pens for/pens against or just at -1. We're at -6.

One for the stattos. Have we ever gone thru a whole season without scoring from a penalty? Or when was the last time that happened?

Nothing clear cut about hand ball these days. Used to be that any hand ball was a penalty..full stop. Now there is lots of doubt on whether it is deliberate or not.

Meechins looked as though his head was looking down at the ground when the ball struck his hand and not at the ball which you would think would be his eye direction if he were trying to stop the ball deliberately.

Sour grapes and grasping from Celtic could see a young guy miss what could be the only final of his career. Very sad indeed for Celtic to act this way.

That's something that has puzzled me as well. I've also yet to see any of these guys actually make a decision in any game I've seen with them

When the goal line officlals were first used they were on the opposite side from the linesman but they moved them after refs said they didn't like it because they were on their side of the diagonal they take when the action is near the goals. They said they were automatically finding themselves in bad positions in avoiding getting too close to the extra official and asked for them to be shifted over to the linesman's side.

You don't see them make a decision because all the discussions with the ref are via their headsets. I have seen them miss some obvious decisions though.

Sour grapes and grasping from Celtic could see a young guy miss what could be the only final of his career. Very sad indeed for Celtic to act this way.

Sorry for the partial quote, but that works both ways, in my view.

The same poor decision may have easily cost a Celtic player their only chance at a final, and only time will tell if that is the case.

However, leaving that aside, I fully agree that the East End ugly sister should behave with more dighnity in the circumstances.

It happens - they need to learn to get over it.

The same poor decision may have easily cost a Celtic player their only chance at a final, and only time will tell if that is the case.

However, leaving that aside, I fully agree that the East End ugly sister should behave with more dighnity in the circumstances.

It can work both ways..ok

But more likely a Celtic player will get a second bite at the cherry in another cup final.

I bet somebody at Celtic uttered those very words earlier this season when they received that letter from Legia Warsaw.

• Like 2

• Members

Heard Radio Scotland interviewing John Collins about their decision to make their "clarification" public. Even he sounded really embarrassed about it!

Crap decision to make Meekings miss the final. I feel the compliance officer has now made a rod for his own back with that decision. This must surely mean that every handball that's not spotted by the officials will now result in a post match punishment.

As long as Celtic are happy though that's all that matters eh? <_>

Yet further reason to despise this fetid, arrogant shower of elitists. Celtic FC are a total disgrace, and anathema to all that is decent about Scottish football. Their arrogance has hit a disturbing new high with this contemptuous action. I feel nothing but undiluted contempt for them.

Let them get involved in English League football, or some other stage away from Scotland where they can foist their arrogance on a new audience. They really are a foul outfit. May they experience nothing other than gross misfortune for as long as they exist.

• Like 10

Heard Radio Scotland interviewing John Collins about their decision to make their "clarification" public. Even he sounded really embarrassed about it!

Crap decision to make Meekings miss the final. I feel the compliance officer has now made a rod for his own back with that decision. This must surely mean that every handball that's not spotted by the officials will now result in a post match punishment.

As long as Celtic are happy though that's all that matters eh? <_<

Not sure that'll be the case. The club not getting the decision will probably have to raise a complaint. And it'll be a case of those who shout the loudest and we all know who that will be. Also if the club not getting the decision go on to win the game or get beaten by a big score then they won't have need to raise the complaint. So the guy only gets suspended for the perceived injustice not for the actual misdemeanour.

If Celtic had gone on to win the semi final does anyone believe Meekings would've been suspended for ICT's first cup game next season?

• Like 1

Yet further reason to despise this fetid, arrogant shower of elitists. Celtic FC are a total disgrace, and anathema to all that is decent about Scottish football. Their arrogance has hit a disturbing new high with this contemptuous action. I feel nothing but undiluted contempt for them.

Let them get involved in English League football, or some other stage away from Scotland where they can foist their arrogance on a new audience. They really are a foul outfit. May they experience nothing other than gross misfortune for as long as they exist.

Late in the day, but I'll be disappointed if you're not on double figure "likes" with this post.

Dear Mr Blackpool Jags. Every year in February I go to The Magic Convention at the Winter Gardens. Put that in your diary for I shall be taking you out for a pint!!

• Like 2

This actually makes me angry. It's nothing to do with me, or my club, but the sheer arrogance and sense of entitlement - which is now being backed up by the ruling body itself - makes me feel ashamed to be associated with it in any small way.

• Like 1

To take it away from Celtic for a moment. The fact that have conceded so many penalties and been given so few is maybe part of the reason we aren't challenging for top 6 this season. Not suggesting for a minute that there's a conspiracy of course but I guess it just shows how weak we were defensively earlier in the season. Teams were cutting us open and forcing us into these last ditch tackles in the box. This is also something we haven't been doing enough ourselves at the other end of the park. Teams like St. Mirren have been able to stifle our attacking threat meaning we haven't been forcing them in to the same last ditch challenges in the box that our defenders have been making. The good thing is that we have improved massively on the defensive side and I'm going to stick my neck out and predict at least one penalty for us before the end of the season!

Dear Mr Blackpool Jags. Every year in February I go to The Magic Convention at the Winter Gardens. Put that in your diary for I shall be taking you out for a pint!!

Not that old trick of going out for a pint which really means half a dozen or more. :drink2: Seen it done many times. :D

Not that old trick of going out for a pint which really means half a dozen or more. :drink2: Seen it done many times. :D

My wife hasn't got the hang of measuring volume. She still thinks a pint equates in actual terms to about 2 gallons. Her cake baking has suffered as a result.