Spfl Prize Money

Jaggy1967

If what has been rumoured here is true then most of the £290K we are fairly sure of getting will go to help cover losses this year. I saw some stats somewhere that suggested our average gate is down almost 1400 on last year. Even assuming some of these would have been OAPs, kids going free, etc. we will still make a small loss even if we make 7th. Good that we can cover most if not all of the loss but it could affect signings.

I wonder if the board took into account the fact that Hibs and Hearts would be missing from this year's league? Anyway hopefully other things have worked out (and the fact that Hearts will be back is factored in) so we can afford to make the signings (and re-signings) we need.

Edited by Mr Bunny

If what has been rumoured here is true then most of the £290K we are fairly sure of getting will go to help cover losses this year. I saw some stats somewhere that suggested our average gate is down almost 1400 on last year. Assuming some of these would have been OAPs, kids going free, etc. we will still make a small loss even if we make 7th. Good that we can cover most if not all of the loss but it could affect signings.

I wonder if the board took into account the fact that Hibs and Hearts would be missing from this year's league? Anyway hopefully other things have worked out (and the fact that Hearts will be back is factored in) so we can afford to make the signings (and re-signings) we need.

We must have made 50k out of the Celtic League cup game?

Still time to fill Firhill for our final home game of the season against Killie and hopefully raise a bit more cash

I'd now be disappointed if we finish below 8th, but if that's where we finish I'll be happy enough.

Would certainly be nice to challenge for 7th and Saturday will determine whether we can do that, but to be honest I wouldn't grudge Hamilton the higher place given the impact they made early on.

We've definitely been significantly better than the teams below us throughout the season, and deserve to finish above them all.

Edited by allyo

My hope would be that the club take into account that Hearts will be coming up and possibly one other club with a big support and decide to run with at least part of the loss as there's a good chance we could make it up next season. Letting Archie have even half of any extra money would allow us to strengthen - a stronger team would have a better chance of a higher place and so more money.

On that front I also think the club should be selling season tickets now. We know what league we're in next season and it would make sense to make the offer while there's a bit of enthusiasm among the fans. They might be waiting to get a couple of favourites re-signed to add to the impetus but they shouldn't wait too long.

Edited by Mr Bunny

If the fixtures fall in the same kind of pattern ie Hibs,Hearts,Aberdeen,Celtic,Dundee Utd all visiting twice in the same season and then once the next, they should really start budgeting over 2 years. However having said that, the attendances have been down in every game, not just missing out on these extras.

Its not as much as I thought, again it points to the lack of vision that would seem to exist in those who claim to run our game. For example was there not talk of a sponsor for next year? No doubt this was predicated on a certain teram in Govan winning the Championship in style, cue panic in the SFA if the Currant Buns somehow fail to be promoted!

if the board have been smart (a.k.a. being professional), over the past couple of weeks they will have been considering and finalising season ticket prices.

wouldn't it be a commercial winner for the board to announce the sale launch of next seasons season tickets AND the new strip, both available to buy from friday 15th may, the day before our last home game v killie?

get the money in early on back of us potentially ending season in seventh (with more points than sixth), on back of an impressive last few months of our season, while an air of positivity and happy supporters exists, and before the emptiness and tumbleweed of close season kicks in.

if they are smart, they could launch the strip and season tickets on the back of a resigning announcement for half a dozen of our stars.

now that would be good planning and business by the directors.

Edited by yoda-jag

if the board have been smart (a.k.a. being professional), over the past couple of weeks they will have been considering and finalising season ticket prices.

wouldn't it be a commercial winner for the board to announce the sale launch of next seasons season tickets AND the new strip, both available to buy from friday 15th may, the day before our last home game v killie?

get the money in early on back of us potentially ending season in seventh (with more points than sixth), on back of an impressive last few months of our season, while an air of positivity and happy supporters exists, and before the emptiness and tumbleweed of close season kicks in.

if they are smart, they could launch the strip and season tickets on the back of a resigning announcement for half a dozen of our stars.

now that would be good planning and business by the directors.

Far too much sense in all of that for our club.

Its not as much as I thought, again it points to the lack of vision that would seem to exist in those who claim to run our game. For example was there not talk of a sponsor for next year? No doubt this was predicated on a certain teram in Govan winning the Championship in style, cue panic in the SFA if the Currant Buns somehow fail to be promoted!

Trouble isn't that they want to use the old firm game as a sponsorship hook, the trouble is that they can't see any other way of promoting the game. So they are completely blind to any other way of promoting the league. And as a result they don't even try. If fans had any real power these guys would have been out of a job years ago - they fail even by their own feeble standards.

Edited by Mr Bunny