8Th Guarenteed

Jagsman

I know this has been has been mention and mentioned but i would like to say a big well done and the fact am delighted with the progress thistle have made in the 2 years we have been in the premiership.

next step would be top 6 and maybe improve our behaviours on pitch eg silly yellow and red cards

hopefully aswell some of the talent will come through next season aswell

in archie we trust

I think you need to make it relative and that if rangers had been in this league we might have been down a place. However I think we have progressed as a club in that we win most game at home, lose less last minute goals(bar today ish) and looks very strong at the back. How many clean sheets since January? A fantastic amount for the top league.

Archie deserves a lot of credit for noting our weaknesses from last year and correcting some. However we need a top striker signed not just on loan and he needs to use his subs earlier if it's not working.

I hate this 70th minute first sub palava. You can set your watch to most subs and other teams must know that.

However overall judgement is great season, safe early and some great football. Next season top six.

8th place achieved at Archie's 100th game as our manager, the 100th game of his managerial career. He deserves a great deal of credit for that.

In 1994/5 when we last achieved 8th, it was a ten team league. I wonder when we last finished above 4 other teams in the top league?

I'm not too sure I understand your point. Are you suggesting Archie's use of subs over the last few weeks are questionable and open to criticism?

I'm not sure what the term for sarcastic sarcasm is but hell yes.

: I set my watch by them

1 sub like for like. Usually my first goalscorer dam it.

Next

Duuuuh. We will win.

I know this has been has been mention and mentioned but i would like to say a big well done and the fact am delighted with the progress thistle have made in the 2 years we have been in the premiership.

next step would be top 6 and maybe improve our behaviours on pitch eg silly yellow and red cards

hopefully aswell some of the talent will come through next season aswell

in archie we trust

Id be very surprised if we were top 6 next season.

Celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Inverness and Dundee United will all be stick on's for top 6.

Add to that, Hearts and maybe Hibs or Sevco.

Realistically, our next step should be consistency. Consistency that will allow us to stay well above the likes of Ross County/Motherwell/Kilmarnock.

That's not counting Hamilton and Dundee.

By all means aim for top 6... But to suggest it's the "next step" in only our third season up, is unrealistic.

• Like 2

Celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Inverness and Dundee United will all be stick on's for top 6.

Realistically, our next step should be consistency. Consistency that will allow us to stay well above the likes of Ross County/Motherwell/Kilmarnock.

By all means aim for top 6... But to suggest it's the "next step" in only our third season up, is unrealistic.

Hearts replacing St Mirren will alone mean the league is harder next season, though I am not sure that Sevco or Hibs are any better than the three teams battling it out for the play offs. Went back to the Electric Bar in Motherwell after the game yesterday to watch the play off game. Both teams were very poor. Was speaking to some Well fans, who for one week only next Saturday, will be jags fans...lol. They reckon if we beat Killie and they beat St Midden, that there will be 8,000 or more for our final game there in a fortnight!

Totally agree with this. We need to be realistic. Great achievement this season but we can't expect a continual improvement of our league position. Next season will bring new challenges. New players, new opposition and other teams strengthening/weakening. In the last two seasons we have seen unexpected teams in trouble and even relegated. Having only 12 teams in the league and the 'exciting' split creates a precarious situation. We may have a worse season next year but if we stay up I will be happy. A fourth season in the top league is unprecedented in my time as a Jags fan.

Highly unlikely fella. 500 folk per game at 20 quid per game. That's say 150-200k loss once you account for the massive drop in away crowds!

Yes, thanks for the quick calculation. I guess if we could finish 7th then that's 135K more in the pot than last season, when we finished 10th. It doesn't cover the loss from lower attendances, but can at least soften the blow a bit.

• Like 1

I think you need to make it relative and that if rangers had been in this league we might have been down a place. However I think we have progressed as a club in that we win most game at home, lose less last minute goals(bar today ish) and looks very strong at the back. How many clean sheets since January? A fantastic amount for the top league.

Have you seen Rangers? They weren't even top two in the Championship. We finished eighth in Scotland on merit. I don't believe there is anything the qualifies that.

Agree with all of the other, positive, sentiments of your post.

Highly unlikely fella. 500 folk per game at 20 quid per game. That's say 150-200k loss once you account for the massive drop in away crowds!

I think it is worse than that PT. We are 20,000 paying customers worse off than last year(that is including the "bonus" of the Celtic LC game). So probably 300 to 400K less.

Have you seen Rangers? They weren't even top two in the Championship. We finished eighth in Scotland on merit. I don't believe there is anything the qualifies that.

Agree with all of the other, positive, sentiments of your post.

Fair point, I think I meant a "typical" rangers with money, a decent team, and a decent board. Which granted was last about 7 years ago. Should have been more clear.

It says it all today when we lost a goal late on and I was actually surprised. That illustrates how much we have progressed, especially defensively.