Just In Falkirk Horror

angry gaz

• Members

Just a wee point here but why do some people who know People's "real names", use them on a forum. Is it a passive aggressive thing? I've noticed it with a couple of posters. And not just in my case?

I think in a recent post, I may have called you Colin. I'm pretty certain you know that wasn't passive aggressive! :D I do occasionally through in folks real names when it's someone I know. I don't think there's much in it.

I'm surprised that nobody seen this coming. Thistle don't set themselves to score goals, so when we have to score is it any wonder that no one has a clue what to do. Aberdeen up next, Cut out the pointless passing, more attacking and shots at goal or by the end of the season we will be lucky to get more than 1000.

• Members

Anyhow... there's no denying it's been an extremely poor start to the season. I don't think it's been helped at all by suspensions and injuries. Has any of the other sides in the division been as badly hit personnel wise so far this season? I doubt it.

I'm concerned, but I don't think I'll be ready to start hand wringing until I've seen what we're like with a settled back line at least and preferably a settled 11/12 each week. Only then will we be able to judge better where we are likely to end the season.

I really don't see the issue with people calling each other by their real names - it's generally how we do things in the real world. I definitely don't have a problem with it personally

Colin, if you didn't want people calling you by your real name you should maybe have been a bit more creative with your new username.

Calling fellow fans "morons" is fairly offensive/aggressive.

Not if they act like morons it's not. This "fellow fan" thing suggests that it excuses people from certain types of behaviours, just because they are Thistle fans. I don't buy into that. Other might , i guess.

It's certainly not meant in an aggressive manner. As for causing offense, over the years i've discovered that some Thistle fans are pretty thin skinned, so it doesn't keep me awake at night.

Could've watched the last half dozen games. Been the same story.

That's been an alarming feature so far. Even in the friendlies, when the tackling was light, I thought we deliberated on the ball too much.

Two exceptions to the rule have been much of the 2nd half against ICT and that first 30 mins or so v Killie. We zipped the ball about much faster on those two occasions and were I feel unlucky to score more than a solitary goal during these passages of play. Even leaving out the times when we've been down to ten men that still leaves far too many sustained periods when our play has been lethargic.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1