Just In Falkirk Horror

angry gaz

As someone said earlier, we are trying to play the same way we did with SOD & ATS and it's clearly not working. We need to adapt the tactics for the players we have. There has been little or no support to the forwards all season and 2 goals in 6 games is not good enough. 1 shot on target last night?

Not poor. Trolling. It's what he does.

Not trolling at all Tom.

This forum is a home for the moronic. Clearly not all contributors but a lot of them. It's a close run second to the Thistle facebook page which thankfully, i don't get involved in.

There are clearly morons in the Thistle support. They were booing and whistling 25 minutes into the game. Just like they were booing and bating Stevo on Saturday. There was even one moron sitting at Inverness abusing Lawless. Anyone who was at Inverness would presemably agree that was daftness personified.

Bad performance? Yes. Worst performance of Archie's reign? Possibly. Worrying trend? Possibly but there are mitgating circumstances. Worst Thistle performance ever? Not even close. Reason not to go back to Firhill? Sure, it's a reason but only a moron would suggest it.

As i said, best just to let them vent their spleen, wear themselves out. Ultimately, as The Cup proved last season, when things turn, they are nowhere to be seen.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

It was one of the most inept Thistle performances since 2007 when McCall took charge.

Up there with Culter.

I don't often agree with The Cup, but this was an atrocious display: never mind the style of play or tactics - there was no desire to win, and a clear acceptance of coming second-best to a team from a lower division. The management team - not the players - is to be judged on that, and there should be consequences for the players.

I'd say last season's 3-1 reverse to County was worse. Not playing down last night at all, but we've seen some terrible performances over the years.

The lack of fight from a lot of the guys last night is a concern. We seem to be happy to fill space on the park without ever nipping at heels to win a ball. Track a run but don't make a tackle. Wait to see what the opposing player does with the ball, instead of stop him doing something with it.

I also just want to contemplate this budgets poor for a moment. The average home gate at St Johnstone is not vastly different to us. Their chairman ceased putting money into the club quite some time ago. Their playing budget though seems much higher than ours. Why is that?

Don't St Johnstone do quite well out of corporate events in the stadium? Conference & restaurant facilities etc. Plus they are far less of a yo-yo club than Thistle have been in recent years.

"You've never had it so good".

La Scimmia Rossa's post after every Thistle defeat.

Being in the top flight doesn't seem to sit well with his self-deprecation.

Being in the top flight again this season certainly doesn't fit well with your wild statements last season that (I paraphrase) we were as good as relegated and you had lost all faith and given up. I look forward to you vanishing once again when we win a few games this season. Why is it you always disappear when we win only to come back out for a gloat when we lose?? It's really strange.

Being in the top flight again this season certainly doesn't fit well with your wild statements last season that (I paraphrase) we were as good as relegated and you had lost all faith and given up. I look forward to you vanishing once again when we win a few games this season. Why is it you always disappear when we win only to come back out for a gloat when we lose?? It's really strange.

Play the ball and not the man CK.

The Cup's views may not reflect the majority view on this forum. However in my experience he is always respectful of other opinions despite having received some pretty uncharitable feedback last year.

Better to encourage debate, yes?

Unfortunately it's the only thing he can do.

I could make a reasonably well articulated case for getting off the manager's back but it's pointless when guys like yourself clearly don't rate him.

As for respecting other posters opinions, there are a lot on here i do respect sadly there are morons who post here. Just like there are morons who attend Firhill and pollute it with their ramblings.

There was one guy last night who shouted that Archie could "**** off any time". This was before half time. This same guy was ranting at John Lambie at Alloa the season he brought in the junior guys. Wanted him sacked.

There were 5 morons who abused Stevo on Saturday, accusing him of all sorts. They didn't even hang around to watch the full game.

People are absolutely entitled to their opinion. I respect that. I don't need to respect the content when it's utter drivel, just because we happen to support the same football team.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa
  • Like 1

I could make a reasonably well articulated case for getting off the manager's back but it's pointless when guys like yourself clearly don't rate him.

As for respecting other posters opinions, there are a lot on here i do respect sadly there are morons who post here. Just like there are morons who attend Firhill and pollute it with their ramblings.

There was one guy last night who shouted that Archie could "**** off any time". This was before half time. This same guy was ranting at John Lambie at Alloa the season he brought in the junior guys. Wanted him sacked.

There were 5 morons who abused Stevo on Saturday, accusing him of all sorts. They didn't even hang around to watch the full game.

People are absolutely entitled to their opinion. I respect that. I don't need to respect the content when it's utter drivel, just because we happen to support the same football team.

Colin, have you ever called a fellow Jags supporter whose opinion didn't conform to yours a 'moron' at Firhill? Or in the pub/cafe/restaurant after the game?

If so what is the reaction?

There's absolutely no justification for the way you often address fellow Jags fans on this site. I respect your opinion but not the way you convey it.

• Like 1

Bad performance? Yes. Worst performance of Archie's reign? Possibly. Worrying trend? Possibly but there are mitgating circumstances. Worst Thistle performance ever? Not even close. Reason not to go back to Firhill? Sure, it's a reason but only a moron would suggest it.

LSR, despite disagreeing with you last week I enjoy your alternative view. However, what were the mitigating circumstances in playing so poorly last night and indeed almost each and every game this season.

Barney, in your opinion, there is no justification.

It is absolutely moronic behavious to stand at Tynecastle and abuse a Thistle player for a large part of the game. Did i challenge them. No i didn't. Nor did anyone else. We sat on our hands and allowed them to spew forth. The reason? Most of us are old enough to remember occasions where we've got involved with these "fellow Jags fans" in the past and come off worse.

I'd agree with the "morons" comment.

You can be unhappy. Voice an opinion. Write up on here what the issue is.

But in the stands. Some rake it too far. At the back rows city end there were 2 guys swearing excessively during first 5 mins. There's an old guy who shouts "Get tae **** Archibald" practically every game. I moved seats to be closer to half way line at half time and a yahoo was going ape as Archie had his arms folded.

All the above to me are examples of moronic behaviour. They wouldn't act like that in the street or pub.

LSR, despite disagreeing with you last week I enjoy your alternative view. However, what were the mitigating circumstances in playing so poorly last night and indeed almost each and every game this season.

Lionel, there were no mitigating circumstances for last night. i was talking about how the fixtures, injuries and suspensions have led to a stop/start first 5 games.

Lionel, there were no mitigating circumstances for last night. i was talking about how the fixtures, injuries and suspensions have led to a stop/start first 5 games.

Unfortunately, the sequence of games we have had,probably playing top 4 in our 1st 6 league games, could have a severe impact on the rest of the season.

AA was bitterly disappointed we lost last night. He said the same after Saturday.

I get disappointed when I get one less chicken ball in my Chinese order. Last night was my ******* chicken balls landing on the floor.

I get that he wants to generate a non-critical encouraging atmosphere but it sounds like he crossing into letting them be completely lackadaisical.