Jaggernaut

The discussion of whether we should re-sign Conrad (I would) got me thinking about players who left Thistle for another club (not on loan, as that happens too often with young players these days) and who then returned to us (loanees accepted). Two that spring to mind are:

1) Tommy Rae in the late 60s. He's a actually a legend with a terrific goal-scoring record for us. Went to Aberdeen when he was at his peak, but didn't really make it there, then came back to Firhill. Scored regularly in our relegation season (69-70), but then was a kind of bit-part player in the 2nd division-winning side and our 1st season back up. Did score a couple in the early rounds of the triumphant League Cup campaign, but the feeling was that he peaked for us before he left first time.

2) Martin Hardie: BMMH soon made an impact when he started playing towards the end of 1999-2000, scoring and adding dig as an attacking midfielder. Crucial to our 2nd division-winning side of 2000-2001, with plenty of important goals, and more of the same the following season as we ended up comfortably winning the 1st Division. Then my memory fades: he went somewhere (where) and did quite well, then came back to us on loan for a while. The feeling again was that he helped strengthen us when it was needed, but he wasn't as mobile or mental as before (maybe unlike now, haha.) Anybody got other memories of Rae and Hardie, or others who fit this category?