Dundee Fc Going On Their Holidays?

lady-isobel-barnett

I suppose this is one way to avoid the tedium of our wee league. Sounds silly to me tho' http://news.stv.tv/scotland/1333486-dundee-v-celtic-premiership-fixture-could-be-played-in-america/?

It's in the article --- Dundee are owned by yanks, this is their way of trying to promote their club over there. No one will have heard of Dundee but they will have heard of Celtic.

stupidly bonkers idea.

only upside to it, is if it happens, the green bigots will only be on a one-way ticket.

they're always moaning and droning on about scottish league and teams not giving them competition, we are all holding them back, blah blah ..... fine, go to uncle sam land and try join the mls ..... just don't come back, and take your creepy onesie wearing ned supporters and players with you.

Hang on though. Celtic get to play Dundee at a neutral venue. But Aberdeen have to play an away game at Dens Park. Competitive advantage? Surely.

I agree in principle but......

......You've picked the wrong example there as Aberdeen played their away game with ICT at Pittodrie the season following thistlegate. Wiggy (as he was then) Milne maintained the right to vote us out of the league despite the ultimate decision being of direct benefit to his club. Motherwell would be another club who played an away match (with Gretna) at Fir Park.

Complete gimmick of an idea. Can understand that certain people want to promote the game abroad to increase exposure etc. But surely the first priority should be getting more people IN SCOTLAND to come to games before we start trying to sell Scottish Football as an attractive product abroad. I can't imagine it's going to be easy to sell Scottish Football to a foreign market when it's currently so unpopular domestically.

Let's get the house in order before trying to sell it.

Edited by ian_mac