Alan Rough's Medal On Ebay

Jaggernaut

This could actually be make or break time for me continuing to be a member of the Jags Trust.

Surely at least one of the office bearers will already have seen this thread, and could make an interim comment.

Good luck with that.

On the 7th, the club announced the names of the investors. I'm pretty sure every jags trust member and fan of Thistle read with interest the building of a new Trust and the shareholding it will carry.

A day later the Jags Trust ran with this:

The re-arranged AGM of the Trust will take place on the above date and time in Maryhill Community Central Halls. The original AGM had to be postponed as there was not sufficient numbers to complete a quorum.

Let that last sentence sink in!

their website to date, does not make even the slightest reference to the clearing of the debt or the dilution of their shares.

WAT is not seen as a legitimate form of communication for the trust. Their email addresses bounce incoming mail. Through no ones fault but their own, they are an irrelevance. They have deliberately isolated themselves. They certainly haven't done anything of note that could be described as proactive engagement.

It's sad, really sad to see, after the hard work that went into rejuvenating the trust after it had become an insular gang, meeting on a Saturday morning in the main stand every now and then.

• Like 2

Need to get the conversation back to the task at hand. Securing the Medal. Better to bypass the JT. Just a waste of effort it seems.

Strange that the auction finishes on Christmas Day. Maybe there are more people online then I suppose.

Pitching to the drunk rich wife on Christmas Day market?

Just had enough sherry to nip online to get her hubby one last surprise gift.

I have received an email from the vendor asking whether I have any update on our situation. I have not replied yet. He mentions the number of views and people watching. Of course, it is possible that most of them are us.

I have contacted Ian Maxwell again to see if the club have any further thoughts. Personally, I feel that this initiative and negotiations should be led by the club with our support regarding fundraising.

Let me have any comments. Please remember the public nature of the forum, the vendor may be looking in. PM me if your comment is sensitive.

• Like 1

Had an email from Ian Maxwell this morning. Very pleased to say that the club are now looking into this themselves.

At that time there had been no communication from the Jags Trust. If it becomes a question of funds, I am sure I will hear from the club.

Thank you all for your expressions of support. We will see what develops.

BB

I think the issue with this medal is its price. I think that the seller has put it up at nearly £2k to see if anyone is mad to pay the asking price.

The real price for a good quality medal is nearer £1k.

I would let it run its time on eBay and then hopefully the sellers expectations will be reduced.

John

Edited by erty13

BB

I think the issue with this medal is its price. I think that the seller has put it up at nearly £2k to see if anyone is mad to pay the asking price.

I would let it run its time on eBay and then hopefully the sellers expectations will be reduced.

John

Agree totally with this comment. Will be willing to donate as long as I don,t feel I am getting Fleeced.

Good luck with that.

On the 7th, the club announced the names of the investors. I'm pretty sure every jags trust member and fan of Thistle read with interest the building of a new Trust and the shareholding it will carry.

A day later the Jags Trust ran with this:

The re-arranged AGM of the Trust will take place on the above date and time in Maryhill Community Central Halls. The original AGM had to be postponed as there was not sufficient numbers to complete a quorum.

Let that last sentence sink in!

their website to date, does not make even the slightest reference to the clearing of the debt or the dilution of their shares.

WAT is not seen as a legitimate form of communication for the trust. Their email addresses bounce incoming mail. Through no ones fault but their own, they are an irrelevance. They have deliberately isolated themselves. They certainly haven't done anything of note that could be described as proactive engagement.

It's sad, really sad to see, after the hard work that went into rejuvenating the trust after it had become an insular gang, meeting on a Saturday morning in the main stand every now and then.

The trust website doesn't even mention who is on the trust.

Tried sending email to fundraising, chair, treasurer & secretary @ Jags Trust. All four bounced back.

Have, inexplicably, received a reply to the bounced back email I sent to the chair of the Jags Trust. This matter will be discussed at their meeting today.

BB

John

The trust website doesn't even mention who is on the trust.

Although I'm no more than a member of the Jags Trust, I did manage to get along to the meeting on Saturday and the topic of the medal was raised. As erty 13 pointed out, it seems that the ostensible price was plucked out of the air. The Jags Trust was in favour of acting on this, leaving it to the committee to deal with it.

On another point, I did ask about communications, and I suspect there is a problem with the email addresses - which obviously explains how an AGM of a voluntary organisation (by definition, people prepared to spend their own time and effort on its aims) could be inquorate. If you don't get a response, you stop taking an interest.