Tickets St Midden Scottish Cup

topcat

What's tonight's game ? Is it a pre sellout or are tickets still available.

My take on whether you can sit where you want or sit in allocated seat is dependent on whether you choose the seat or it is random allocation. In this case it is random allocation - so you sit where you want and if you want a good seat you get there early.

You perhaps misunderstood my post. As far as I'm aware the stand I've got tickets for is sold out (a pre-sell out). And I can assure you that in my case seating was not random allocation.

1st of all I didn't say I wasn't going to the seat number on my ticket. I asked for a seat near the back about 10 days ago. I was sent one for row C. I guess that is in the 1st 3 rows, but don't know for certain - maybe div can confirm.

LIB might have been able to select a specific seat before paying,but obviously not everybody has. So for me this is random allocation.

I bought online - maybe I should have gone to Firhill instead.

My view stands, unless everybody gets to accept the seat offered before buying, then it should be sit where you please and if you want to make sure you get a good seat, then you turn up early.

1st of all I didn't say I wasn't going to the seat number on my ticket. I asked for a seat near the back about 10 days ago. I was sent one for row C. I guess that is in the 1st 3 rows, but don't know for certain - maybe div can confirm. LIB might have been able to select a specific seat before paying,but obviously not everybody has. So for me this is random allocation. I bought online - maybe I should have gone to Firhill instead. My view stands, unless everybody gets to accept the seat offered before buying, then it should be sit where you please and if you want to make sure you get a good seat, then you turn up early.

Again, NO does your ticket have a seat number, if so sit in it, if you were in my seat and it stopped me sitting next to the guys i had got seats with i would ask you to move.

• Like 1

1st of all I didn't say I wasn't going to the seat number on my ticket. I asked for a seat near the back about 10 days ago. I was sent one for row C. I guess that is in the 1st 3 rows, but don't know for certain - maybe div can confirm.

LIB might have been able to select a specific seat before paying,but obviously not everybody has. So for me this is random allocation.

I bought online - maybe I should have gone to Firhill instead.

My view stands, unless everybody gets to accept the seat offered before buying, then it should be sit where you please and if you want to make sure you get a good seat, then you turn up early.

Just don't sit in my seat.

Edited by Paulo
  • Like 1

Again, NO does your ticket have a seat number, if so sit in it, if you were in my seat and it stopped me sitting next to the guys i had got seats with i would ask you to move.

Last time I went to St Mirren, I went to my designated seat. A bunch of guys came along and wanted to sit together. I moved along to let them do that. Would you have told them you were staying in your seat ?

Last time I went to St Mirren, I went to my designated seat. A bunch of guys came along and wanted to sit together. I moved along to let them do that. Would you have told them you were staying in your seat ?

em, that not what i describe in fact it was the reverse of what you have posted. if it was as you said and it didn't effect my view then maybe . my point is don't go there expecting just to sit where ever you want you can ask but be prepared to be asked to move.

unsure what the issue with this is? :unknw:

em, that not what i describe in fact it was the reverse of what you have posted. if it was as you said and it didn't effect my view then maybe . my point is don't go there expecting just to sit where ever you want you can ask but be prepared to be asked to move.

Exactly.

Sit where your ticket tells you to sit.

Actually it was the same. It is about being flexible to allow fellow jags fans to enjoy the game. But if you are just interested in your own enjoyment then that is fine.

If you hadn't moved you would have been in the middle of the group, maybe became part of the conversations and banter (oh the banter!!) and maybe made friends, so next time you would be buying tickets with the group instead of flying solo

If you hadn't moved you would have been in the middle of the group, maybe became part of the conversations and banter (oh the banter!!) and maybe made friends, so next time you would be buying tickets with the group instead of flying solo

������������������

What makes you think I go to games on my own. Tonight I did and I couldn't have "picked" a worse seat

What makes you think I go to games on my own. Tonight I did and I couldn't have "picked" a worse seat

Sounds like the game at St Mirren a wee while ago in the pissing rain. We arrived 15 minutes before kick off to find the seats we had requested in the back row were taken.

The stewards refused to move them, telling us to find other seats. All that was left, in the bloody thunder storm was row A.

So see next time you're suggesting folk sit where they like, spare a thought for the folk they've forced to find an alternative, with their selfishness.

Sounds like the game at St Mirren a wee while ago in the pissing rain. We arrived 15 minutes before kick off to find the seats we had requested in the back row were taken.

The stewards refused to move them, telling us to find other seats. All that was left, in the bloody thunder storm was row A.

So see next time you're suggesting folk sit where they like, spare a thought for the folk they've forced to find an alternative, with their selfishness.

I have said right from the start that you should get there early to try to get a decent seat.

Is this really a debate? All fans knew that the stand would be near capacity this evening. With that being the case, it is sensible to issue tickets with allocated seat numbers. Common sense dictates you sit in the seat you're allocated as some fans specified and requested to be sat in certain areas of the stand far in advance of this game. What is so difficult about that!?

• Like 1

They put seat numbers on the tickets for all games at St Mirren, dont they . All they need to do is make sure they dont issue more tickets than there are seats.

Anyway, it's done. I went to the seat that was on my ticket. I learned my lesson.Before paying for a ticket I will make sure that I know where in the ground the seat is and then I will decide whether to go or not