Dundee Match - 16Th January

Fawlty Towers

could Miller not play there if need be?

Frans was on the bench so surely he's ready to step in? Anyone know how Wilson played? Also did it look like an early match glitch, us not adjusting to conditions as well as them, bad luck or a mixture? I suppose in effect we only lost a very small amount of ground but we now know we really have to get away from the play off place and forget about top six until we are really safe.

I was begining to think our games in hand were a bonus, now I'm thinking they could be crucial to our season.

Edit: just saw Hankey's post. I thought pre-game Miller could have played midfield to give some dig. I know he played there a few times before.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Only consolation from that shambles was that we won 2-1 in the last 75 minutes, which tells you how bad the first 15 minutes were. Dreadful performance. The defence (which has been great) played like it did in the last 5 minutes at Paisley. They were all over the place. That game shows what a job Osman does helping out the defensive side of the team. David Wilson, I don't like getting on young players backs but being honest I have yet to see him have a half decent game...bit like Scully. Sean Welsh should have been wearing a Dundee shirt given the amount of times he passed to their men. Liam Lindsay had his worst ever games in a jags shirt. We need to get a few players in this month as the bench shows how short of depth the squad actually is when injuries and suspensions hit. As for the conditions, it was the same for both teams, but in reality I think the game was lucky to get to the end, but that's no excuse for a dreadful display.

Edited by Lindau

One of those training ground style performances that plagued us early season. Dundee given the freedom of firhill every time on the ball.

I think Archie was the only person in the stadium who didn't see Lindsay was getting sent off as soon as he got that first booking.

Terrible start, game was done after 10 minutes.

Lindsay has had praise but today showed he's still got a lot to learn. Unbelievably naive at times, none more so than letting Harkins run in to box then dangle out a leg to trip him up. Stonewaller.

He is very slow at getting back in position as well, was all over the shop (though not alone!).

I've never seen anything from Wilson that suggests he's going to make it.

Bad day at office, no pass marks from any of starting 11.

Elliot looked sharp when he came on, nice to have him back. If fit enough is start him over Amoo next week.

Harkins was excellent but that was always going to be the case when we gave him the freedom of Maryhill.

All our frailties as a team and squad were exposed in the first twenty minutes. Midfield as impotent as I've seen it and we were outdone by a professional performance from an organised organised Dundee team . Harkins must have thought it was another christmas for him the amount of space he was given, unbelivable. That should have been sorted after ten minutes but continued the whole game. We didn't play the conditions well, a million of our passes along the deck fell short. Liam had a stinker , he still has a long way to go and he'll learn from today.

Hope Banzo can sort his head out for the rest of the season with us , we could be in trouble if his form dips.

The squad is threadbare, we need a couple of signings this window or its back to squeaky bum time.

A big step backwards today but lets hope the manager and team can respond to that as they have already this season.

Crap performance

Crap ref

Crap result

Crap journey home.