Midweek Games Vs St.j

Lenziejag

preferably our home game as likely more revenue for us with a Saturday likely having a bigger crowd

Good point but a hard sell to St J for the same reason. What I thought would be more favourable to both clubs would be moving our home fixture. That would mean both teams should be fresher for the Saturday 27th games. That would leave back to back games against each other (Wed 2nd and Sat 5th) Same for both teams, so no disadvantage to either.

Either side could do a deal with the other in exchange for a Saturday fixture. The income from the away supporters could be given to the away team. Might encourage more fans to travel and with modern technology wouldn't be hard to implement. Too radical?

And why on earth would we want to give away a big chunk of the gate money, while increasing the overheads to accomodate more fans ? If it was for the game in Perth and we got to trouser some of Saints gate receipts then I am all for it.

It's been suggested on Facebook that we play the Hearts game on the 5th, which is probably more likely than switching a Saints game now

It is probably more likely(because Hearts are a BIG club) but not more logical. There is no difference between our postponed home game vs St J and the postponed Hearts game.

It is probably more likely(because Hearts are a BIG club) but not more logical. There is no difference between our postponed home game vs St J and the postponed Hearts game.

Agreed, but as the St J games are already scheduled they are more likely to slot the Hearts game in that weekend. Slight problem may be that Hibs are apparently at home that Saturday. I can't see them moving our home game on 23rd at this late date anyway

And why on earth would we want to give away a big chunk of the gate money, while increasing the overheads to accomodate more fans ? If it was for the game in Perth and we got to trouser some of Saints gate receipts then I am all for it.

simple solution, shift the away game to saturday fifth march, and split both the firhill and muirton gates equally ..... publicise the fact to both supports to encourage maximum turnouts so each club wins equally.