How Many Points?

Auld Jag

I think we're safe. I reckon yesterday was the last point we needed. Even if we went on an absolutely disastrous run, and lost every other game, it would still leave Killie needing 7 points from 5 games. They don't look like doing that.

In all my time watching ThIstle I'm sure I've never said that at the start of April, in the premier league.

Now focussed on top six.

I think we're safe. I reckon yesterday was the last point we needed. Even if we went on an absolutely disastrous run, and lost every other game, it would still leave Killie needing 7 points from 5 games. They don't look like doing that.

In all my time watching ThIstle I'm sure I've never said that at the start of April, in the premier league.

Now focussed on top six.

I make it 9 points from 6 games for Killie to be ahead of us. I'm assuming in that scenario Killie would make up the necessary +18 goals on us. We're now on the same points total as we ended up with two seasons ago.

I make it 9 points from 6 games for Killie to be ahead of us. I'm assuming in that scenario Killie would make up the necessary +18 goals on us. We're now on the same points total as we ended up with two seasons ago.

I'm saying that if we lose all our games then Killie have gained three points already. And I'm assuming that they won't catch us on goal difference. It's quite a big gap. Hence seven from five.

We all want top 6 however if we maintain our premier league status(which im sure we will) next season will be a lot harder however im sure the club will get a lot more income so hopefully we can invest wisely and get the players we want to retain and new additions in im pretty confident that Archie and Scotty will do that

I agree. Before yesterday I thought we had enough. But the boost that killie and accies will take from yesterday makes them much more dangerous.

I don't really think we're in danger. One defeat isn't a disaster, and it's not like we were hammered. We just have to make sure we keep going and the points should come.

Surely the points we have gained vs the bottom 6 so far this season must give some optimism that we can survive.

Looking at the "alternative" table in the stats watch thread, it seems obvious to me that the reason we didn't make the top 6 was our inability to take points from the top 3

We are basically safe, time to get the season tickets on sale nice and early, although the ticketing site states 51 days (mid June)till they are out

Given the right early bird incentive I'd renew tomorrow. Obviously it comes down to individual finances but the point I'd like to make is to be proactive in support of Archie. Instead of holding back till the manager makes some sort of stellar signing(s), or more likely re-signing(s) it would be so much better for us fans to lead the way. Two things in support of that. Firstly folk are pointing out our slow start to the season could be down to late signings. Secondly, when entrusted with our money, Archie has by and large made so many successful signings. So give him the money early and just maybe we could kick off the season with our key players resigned and/or new players of quality getting a full pre season instead of being drip fed into our squad.

Btw I've not given up on the Club introducing a non OF season ticket, which I believe if sold right would increase overall income, but that's a separate matter.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After the last 3 games imo we need other teams to do us a favour and take points of Killie and Hamilton.In saying that if we can get a draw next week we should be ok because of our goal difference.I only hope that they are shamed into a performance after that shambles yesterday.

An overall impression you get from the side is that they NEVER look comfortable. Permanently on the cusp of self-destruction. There is only so many times you can go through the cycle of a string of terrible performances, scrape a couple of good results, then terrible performances again. And in games against Celtic, especially, there is no demonstrable belief among the players that they can compete meaningfully in the game.

Unfortunately we surely lack the money to progress anywhere further than this. Even if we survive this season, we would be favourites for relegation next.

Imo we have shown how bad and how good we can be this season.The first 9 games we were relegation candidates the next 24 our form was only beaten by the top 2.1Win would do it or maybe even a point but look what happened the last time a point would've done.

With 3 games to go we play the bottom 3.Will Kilmarnock win all3? Will we lose all 3 ?Remember we are 6 points ahead so it would take a total collapse for us to finish 11th.Not saying it Is impossible but surely we can get the required point/s.

With 3 games to go we play the bottom 3.Will Kilmarnock win all3? Will we lose all 3 ?Remember we are 6 points ahead so it would take a total collapse for us to finish 11th.Not saying it Is impossible but surely we can get the required point/s.

If we don't, then the play-off spot, and possible relegation, will be merited.

I don't believe that will happen, in spite of the turgid attacking play and defensive leaks of late.

Just about every post you make, Davie, looks to me like a wee box with an x in it (see above).

Maybe it's because I'm viewing it on a tablet and it looks ok through a pc.

I know when I post from the tablet emoticons don't show up correctly so maybe that's the cause.

Anybody else see DT's posts like this or do i need my eyes tested? ( that is supposed to be a smiley)

• Like 1