How Many Points?

Auld Jag

Looking towards the games up until the split there is a chance we could sneak into top 6. If we take no points at all from Aberdeen, Hearts, Celtic and County, but take 1 away at Hamilton and 6 against Utd and Killie at home we finish with 41 points at the split.

Having looked at the other teams around us and the fixtures they have to play pre-split, I have predicted points tally's at the split, looking at it if we can grab a couple of points in the 4 games We are predicted to take nothing from, we would have a shout at top 6.

ICT. 42pts

PTFC. 41pts

St J. 41pts

Well. 36pts

Accies.33pts

Killie.31pts

Utd. 22pts

On current form you wouldn't have killie or accies reaching 40, though the split may distort that. I'd maintain that 42 would be safe. I'd love to see us get there before the split. It's definitely achievable.

A lot of talk of our games against the top teams, but we also have the bottom 3 before the split.

With Kilmarnock to play Aberdeen and Celtic in there next 2 games we should be at least 6points ahead of them by the time we meet them at Firhill.Beat them and then Dundee Utd in our next game we should be safe then.

Edited by Auld Jag

With Kilmarnock to play Aberdeen and Celtic in there next 2 games we should be at least 6points ahead of them by the time we meet them at Firhill.Beat them and then Dundee Utd in our next game we should be safe then.

Be disappointing if we can't get a minimum of one point at Hamilton next weekend

Be disappointing if we can't get a minimum of one point at Hamilton next weekend

We need the troops out for that one. Big support. Not far to travel so nae excuses!

It's a game we can display our intentions both on and off the pitch. A win in front of a big away support, would send out a clear message that we are a united club with real potential and ready to establish ourselves in the top flight.

Some think we are bluffing, Hamilton away is a good opportunity to put our cards on the table.

Jags fans here, jags fans there, Jags fans every-f**kin-where!!!

:fan:

• Like 3

We need the troops out for that one. Big support. Not far to travel so nae excuses!

It's a game we can display our intentions both on and off the pitch. A win in front of a big away support, would send out a clear message that we are a united club with real potential and ready to establish ourselves in the top flight.

Some think we are bluffing, Hamilton away is a good opportunity to put our cards on the table.

Jags fans here, jags fans there, Jags fans every-f**kin-where!!!

:fan:

We always take a big support through there, don't think next Saturday will be any different, no matter the result this Saturday.

Now we have played the 3 games we weren't expected to get anyrhing and didn't,we now go into 3 games against the bottom3.Should be looking for at least 7points from next 3,That would make us near enough safe, But we need to keep playing as we have been and defend our box better.

Hope we are working on set pieces this week both defending them and attacking.

Edited by Auld Jag

The joy of statistics. You could also say 3/12. Or 6/18, 9/21.

If we get the same points from our remaining games as we did from our last 9, we will finish on 44 points. Kilmarnock would need six wins from their last 8 games to catch us.

In terms of safety, our hardest three games are behind us with a combined goal difference of -3. That leaves us with a goal difference as good as an extra point.

Edited by BowenBoys

The joy of statistics. You could also say 3/12. Or 6/18, 9/21.

If we get the same points from our remaining games as we did from our last 9, we will finish on 44 points. Kilmarnock would need six wins from their last 8 games to catch us.

In terms of safety, our hardest three games are behind us with a combined goal difference of -3. That leaves us with a goal difference as good as an extra point.

That's exactly the kind of positive response that I was hoping for to lift my (temporary) depression.

3 wins will see us safe, so let's get started next Saturday, then if Celtic beat Killie and we beat them (Killie) in the next game, that should be more than enough for us to start looking upwards

Hmm. I share your enthusiasm, but the facts are that Celtic have yet to beat Kilmarnock this season, and we have yet to beat Hamilton.

Frankly, let's not worry about other teams. If we win our games we stay up. Win enough of them and maybe we could do a bit better than that.

• Like 1

Hmm. I share your enthusiasm, but the facts are that Celtic have yet to beat Kilmarnock this season, and we have yet to beat Hamilton.

Frankly, let's not worry about other teams. If we win our games we stay up. Win enough of them and maybe we could do a bit better than that.

You can turn that the other way and say that Hamilton haven't beaten us this season and the very fact that Aberdeen are still in there fighting should ensure that Celtic are well focused on Saturday, also and I may be wrong, but I think Killie have failed to win any games since Lee Clark took over. Either way, next two games will go a long way to determining our fate this season

Edited by Lindau

You can turn that the other way and say that Hamilton haven't beaten us this season and the very fact that Aberdeen are still in there fighting should ensure that Celtic are well focused on Saturday, also and I may be wrong, but I think Killie have failed to win any games since Lee Clark took over. Either way, next two games will go a long way to determining our fate this season

Win at NDP and we are all happy.

Me especially, cos I'll be there.

We proobably need a minimum of 10 points before the split to have a good chance of making the top 6 - personally doubt we can get 3 wins and a draw from these games.

If we have 39 or more points going into the last 5 games then perhaps 4 or 5 points from those five games will ensure we are not 11th.

I know I am in the minority but I think we need to get more points to pull away from 11th before we start to think about 6th.We win on Saturday and Kilmarnock lose and then we beat Kilmarnock we then look at top 6.If we were to lose to Hamilton and Kilmarnock beat Celtic we would only be 3 points ahead of 11th.

• Like 2

I think top 6 is beyond us now. We really had to win at least one of these last 3 games, and we haven't taken a single point. Motherwell's form also puts a spanner in the works for us.

That said, win our next 3 games and we give ourselves a chance. It would be great to go in to the last game at Dingwall with both teams going for a top 6 place, I reckon we would take a great support up there If that was the case.

• Like 1

a lot of optimism on here but I'm still a bit worried. We don't have a great record at NDP, and might do well to get a point; we don't have a great recent home record v. killie, struggling to win even when they are poor and DU will be tough especially if they maintain they're recent improvement in form. By the time we get to the split I'll be quite happy if we are still a few points clear of 11th place

I think the talk of Top-6 is very ambitious, especially since we have shown this season that we simply cannot beat top-6 clubs with the exception of St Johnstone at the moment. The last three games vs Dons, Hearts and Celtic were tough, but if we were serious about our top-6 status, we would have taken at least a point or two. Simply to avoid the play-offs is what we should be realistically hoping for this season. I think 6 points from our next two matches against Hamilton and Killie should just about do that.