Well Done Gary Harkins

yoda-jag

has likely opened himself up to being a target for neanderthal zombies, but not often you see a current pro come out with the truth that the tainted establishment media and authorities and even most club officials are too scared to admit or say publicly what almost every football supporter in scotland knows.

so take a bow ggh :clapping:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-are-a-new-club-claims-dundee-s-gary-harkins-1-4035495#ixzz40sMJp3zX

• Like 1

mr mac and mr resigned ..... the zombies are showing their lack of class already

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/292116-hope-this-guy-suffers-a-leg-break/

wishing a leg break on him, unsubtle paedo insinuations, he's a ira supporter with an inbred sister, a spastic, where he went to school and more are all there ..... and that's only the first page of thread i've read.

so much anger and hate from the dark side, why do earthlings let these zombie creatures live? can't you not even deport them to another planet (preferably barren with no oxygen)?

Did Airdrie fans make the same kind of fuss or did they just accept that Airdrie United was a different club than Airdrieonians? To be fair there was a much clearer difference between the two in that instance.

I always made the distinction between the old Airdrieonians and Airdrie United in the programme and did so without so much as a second thought. I'm glad I was never in the position of having to do the same with the old and new rangers. Like the Livi progamme editor I would probably have been sacked and force into hiding especially when my address in the east end of Glasgow was discovered :-)

Did Airdrie fans make the same kind of fuss or did they just accept that Airdrie United was a different club than Airdrieonians? To be fair there was a much clearer difference between the two in that instance. I always made the distinction between the old Airdrieonians and Airdrie United in the programme and did so without so much as a second thought. I'm glad I was never in the position of having to do the same with the old and new rangers. Like the Livi progamme editor I would probably have been sacked and force into hiding especially when my address in the east end of Glasgow was discovered :-)

Not much confidence in our board I see. Still if the BBC wouldn't back Jim Spence.

Same ground, same badge, same strip, same fans, same songs. Of course they are the same club.

On a technical legal point are they not. For all intents and purposes they are the same club though...

Evidently not for ALL intents and purposes - only when it suits them - ask anyone the Oldco owes money too.

Oldco.... Newco.... Sevco..... Celco. FTOF Harkins - Thistle reject. .... aye he is!!!! :fan:

If you're talking oldco/sevco then remember Harkins left us for a hefty price (for us) which enabled us to pay most of a tax bill the then board had built up at the club. (Twaddle's leaving paid for the other wee bit). So far from being a reject he was sold and enabled us to NOT be like Rangers oldco.

The other thing is (I'm replying to DP also here) why does anyone think this came up because Harkins was keen to make the point. The SMSM are always getting players to say how great "Rangers" are and support the continuing club myth. I've no doubt a reporter (if that word is good enough for them) put the question to Harkins and to his credit he told the truth as he saw it. Half the trouble the game has had with oldco/newco is down to too many people not having the guts to stand up to that mob.

I agree withsnapback.pngColognejag in one way though: in spirit they are the same club. Same supporters, same hate, same blaming everyone else for problems they created themselves. However technically and legally they are not the same club and we should all remember that if that mob are in the top league with us next season because they will be pushing the big lie like anything, Remember if they are not a new club, why were they playing in the lower divisions the last few years?

If any good thing has come out of this nonsense over the last few years is that it has made me (and others I'm sure) even more aware of how the MSM is laways trying to manipulate us with half truths and lies to their own agenda. It may seem a bit trivial and stupid when it comes to them backing the "establishment club" but it happens all the time with far more serious stuff - though I wouldn't say the oldco/newco thing is totally trivial: in order tto maintain tand build support the likes of Green and King have used language which has stirred up the worst elements in the Rangers support and we may see the results of that next season.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

Personally I think the substance of the Harkins comment is something that should be unnecessary of comment. It should've been, when on the thousands of occasions the subject arose, a standard response from media, clubs, fans and players. It certainly shouldn't have become the elephant in the room.

That said I feel this specific comment shows a bit of disrespect for Dumbarton FC.

Is this not harkins of scumdee, who have went into liquidation twice, Dee-ceit Not Dee-fiancé

as their supporters wish to believe. I think this is worse than the h*ns as the 2nd liquidation cost us money and maybe even the title. They signed the best players from the division by offering silly money, which they couldn't afford.

If I'm being honest them claiming to be the same club (I'd probably do the same if it happened to us) doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as the claim they were demoted to League Twi does.

No you weren't. You applied to join the SFL, as it was then, and were granted admission at that level.

• Like 1

mr mac and mr resigned ..... the zombies are showing their lack of class already

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/292116-hope-this-guy-suffers-a-leg-break/

wishing a leg break on him, unsubtle paedo insinuations, he's a ira supporter with an inbred sister, a spastic, where he went to school and more are all there ..... and that's only the first page of thread i've read.

so much anger and hate from the dark side, why do earthlings let these zombie creatures live? can't you not even deport them to another planet (preferably barren with no oxygen)?

Not a happy Buch of peepil, but Christ we all know what rubbish that lot talk and it appears that a forum allows them or their literate pal to vent their ire at-well just about everybody else who's different from them.
  • Like 1

If I'm being honest them claiming to be the same club (I'd probably do the same if it happened to us) doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as the claim they were demoted to League Twi does.

No you weren't. You applied to join the SFL, as it was then, and were granted admission at that level.

....and granted admission without meeting the "rules" regarding (is it 3?) prior years of accounts and bypassing the other hoops ( :crazy: ) that new teams have to go through to enter the professional leagues.

They were fast-tracked, not penalised.