The Pa System

Veejag

There was a wee stutter but otherwise it was fine tonight. I saw somewhere that someone said they couldn't hear Jimmy Craigen but I heard everything he said. Tonight I was in the JHS for the first time since the Morton game courtesy of freebies from the Und assistant manager Gordon Young, so maybe the reception is better in the JHS than the North or perhaps they have just bought a new mike!!

Edited by Lindau

• 4 weeks later...

Has the tumble tumbler broken now? I noticed that the half time draw was drawn from a cardboard box.

I was talking to a friend at half time, after the mic feedback problem. He administrates the National Theatre of Scotland. He said that he had written to the club and offered to send the NTS sound engineer to Firhill to sort out the sound system. The club replied that there is no problem with the system, it's an operator problem.

As I have said several times before, from the North Stand, I can never make out the name of the halftime guest, so am not sure how enthusiastically I should be clapping! If the announcer has to shout it incoherently for whatever reason, could he not then just repeat it in a normal voice?

I am sure that there are many Jags legends who have not received the welcome they deserve because we have no idea who they are.

Then again some less than legends may be happy to go under (or behind) the radar.

As I have said several times before, from the North Stand, I can never make out the name of the halftime guest, so am not sure how enthusiastically I should be clapping! If the announcer has to shout it incoherently for whatever reason, could he not then just repeat it in a normal voice?

I am sure that there are many Jags legends who have not received the welcome they deserve because we have no idea who they are.

Then again some less than legends may be happy to go under (or behind) the radar.

Exactly. All I heard yesterday in the North was that it was Tommy (Rae?) and then him saying "gie us a goal Thistle" or something like that. Was it Tommy Rae? It is feckin embarrassing!

• Like 1

need new pre match music we do too as well as addressing the volume levels and pa system.

reminds me of old school parties where some spotty kid who thinks he is cool and has delusions he will can be a dj and will be able to whip up the crowd with his second hand speakers got off of noel edmonds swap shop for his brand new bmx by blaring his crappy choice of music full blast and screaming into microphone let's get mental, and everyone else just wants him to stfu and turn it off and bolt.