Just In

Usual powderpuff finishing but this week we can add clueless defending to our faults. On balance we may have deserved to grab a point. Paton hit the post and their goalie didn't know too much about another couple of our second half efforts. The really worrying thing is Cowdenbeath are no great shakes, certainly not as good as Morton or Falkirk.

Going to be a very bumpy ride at the bottom of the league this season.

There's some very very angry fans on their way home. Fully expect this forum will be red hot later on.

I'm away for a pint or ten.

Oh and Willie Kinniburgh was captain today. :o

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usual powderpuff finishing but this week we can add clueless defending to our faults. On balance we may have deserved to grab a point. Paton hit the post and their goalie didn't know too much about another couple of our second half efforts. The really worrying thing is Cowdenbeath are no great shakes, certainly not as good as Morton or Falkirk.

There's some very very angry fans on their way home. Fully expect this forum will be red hot later on.

Dear oh dear

Enjoy your medicine cos if you were at Greenock last week and there today, you will certainly need it !

As well as the above, next to no movement off the ball, too much tippy-tappy and trying to walk the ball into the net or passing the buck (and the ball, well, that's if they manage to aim their pass right, which they failed numerous times again today) to someone else.

Have these players ever heard of a killer pass? Because they certainly don't know how to make one.

McCall is an absolute disaster as a football manager - he should stick to the bookies, shame is he isn't any good at betting either by all accounts.

Do the honourable and decent thing IMC - hand in your resignation now and take no more money from our club, your employment and wages are nothing short of robbery.

The players should be handing their wages back to the fans who have spent money watching them this month.

The board (bar possibly a couple) can all piss off too - sign over your shares to the club or Jags Trust as you leave by the exit door, don't let it hit your arses too hard on the way out.

As for anger - if I expressed my opinions fully and freely right now, I suspect I could get myself banned so will say no more.

Off to pub, to piss my money down the drain later, in a much more satisfying way than I spent over £30 getting to and watching that shite this afternoon.

Enjoy your medicine cos if you were at Greenock last week and there today, you will certainly need it !

It's already getting to the stage where the fans were laughing at how bad we were, players are running into each other, arguing with each other. Terrible performance I'm afraid.

So bad that I'm beginning to suspect the Jobbie of subtle sabotage, so that he can either walk away or be sacked. And the fairest of fair play to anyone who made the trek up there today.

Bunter G-T-F!

Dont think he would sabotage it(would be disgusted if he did) Sadly think its simply a case of he has completely lost the plot with players and team since January Maxwell, Shields, Kinniburgh and Archie all unjustifiably resigned amongst other things.

Whats your stance on cowan and Hughes, do you think a new Manager would give the club a boost or do you think those 2 and Prentice need to go?

Shocking - strikers and midfielders that couldn't finish their dinner, as my son said. And yes, they did have several opportunities served up on a plate, but decided to go for the tippy-tappy passing round the box instead - rather like a child that doesn't want to eat playing with the food. I'd rather we played hungry amateurs than players without any smeddum at all.

As for defence, it's amazing to watch professionals standing off a loose ball in their own box. For their next trick, they tried allowing an opposing striker to get a free strike when the ball came in from the wing. Surprise, surprise! Two goals conceded. Maxwell doesn't have the pace to get back to defending, if he's sent up the park for another fruitless foray in the opposing box, and Kinniburgh is just a liability, as we all knew - certainly not captain material.

It's fine to have a dominant midfield for a change, but when you're sending high balls over their heads anyway, because you're chasing a game, what's the point? Taking a man on seems to be forbidden, according to the current Firhill Manual of Coaching. A bit like shooting, closing down the opposition or providing options for the player with the ball. Perhaps we can get some volunteers from the fans to help out in coaching too: it certainly looks as if they'll be needed. :angry:

I watched that in disbelief.

I haven't seen performances quite so lacking in belief and disorganisation since the 80's and the W&B days.

I've always thought that we should give the manager till xmas and then decide on what we should do, but on the showing today and on how the rest of the season has been, despite the argument for the cost of him going, his leadership of the club is actually going to cost us more in lost revenue if this continues than it would to pay him off.

Special mention to Cowden who let a group of fans into the ground at the back of one, only to be told at the Social Club there were no under-eighteens allowed! Very clever.

£15 to stand in basically a pit, Union Jack flags obscuring the view and truly world-class toilets (think Trainspotting). Lovely!

Did anyone NOT see their equaliser coming? With their first attempt on our goal no less. If one of our shots near the end had gone in, it would have been undeserved (in my opinion). Only a good tip over the bar from Halliwell stopped the score from ending 3-1.

Personally I don't know why Buchanan finished the game when Doolan didn't, but I think everyone has given up being baffled by McCall's substitutions.

Erskine: Cheerio.

Edited by Craig-W

Usual failings today cant score ok i know we scored 1 but had we taken half of the other chances we could have had 4 or 5. Their keeper had 2 great saves from Boyle and Buchanan and Paton smacked the post with a shot from the edge of the area.Both goals were lost from corners 1st one 3 defenders stood and watched the striker with his back to goal turn and smack the ball home. 2nd one ball came over Boyle ducks out the road of it and the guy slams it home dreadful stuff. We did play our way through them a good few times butall to often we were devoid of ideas and we played too many backward or sideways passes. Someone above mentioned about lack of movement then asked if we know what a killer pass is they go hand in hand killer passes only work if there is movement into the space and off the ball.Cowdenbeath deserve all the credit they worked their socks off and even when we were all over them they never gave up and kept fighting.

Edited by Jaggyman

One of the worst teams we've ever lost to. No more to be said.

This, Cowden are awful. Just a pity that we're not much better atm.

Does anyone know for sure what the situation with Robbo was?

Also, their ground is no better than a junior ground, thanks god I managed to get in for £8!

For now, I'd be happy for McCall to resign & for Lambie to take over till the end of the season (sadly never going to happen though). There's NO WAY the players wouldn't get a result at Cowdenbeath with him as manager. Motivation is a huge problem & I don't see how it can suddenly be changed.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

two games in the same week and i cant believe the difference. I was annoyed that we were put out of the cup on tuesday because we played not bad and falkirk were pi*h. Today i was bored watching players who obviously dont give a f*ck playing for a club that will be heading down given that performance. Ok we had chances. did we take them? no. today cowdenbeaths goals came from balls bouncing about the box, then paton hits the stantion from a shot, no-one to be seen from us apart fae a buckie swipe. why are we second to every ball? why do other teams get the breaks and not us? because the players are either unfit, pi*h or dont give a ****.

Mccall, f*ck off. and take take willie "bombscare - i cant keep my arms by my side" kinnburgh with u. captain? captain insensible. they guys a liability and our worst defender yet hes captain?? u havenae got a f*cking clue.

For now, I'd be happy for McCall to resign & for Lambie to take over till the end of the season (sadly never going to happen though). There's NO WAY the players wouldn't get a result at Cowdenbeath with him as manager. Motivation is a huge problem & I don't see how it can suddenly be changed.

Lol, was Lambie not the manager in charge when they dumped us out of the cup in 1992...even though they were the worst team in Scotland that year!

Take your point though, your 100% spot on. I have been a big McCall fan but he has let us down dreadfully of late

Lol, was Lambie not the manager in charge when they dumped us out of the cup in 1992...even though they were the worst team in Scotland that year!

Take your point though, your 100% spot on. I have been a big McCall fan but he has let us down dreadfully of late

Have no idea, was still in nappies back then. :P Plus, Lambie can do no wrong! :thumbsup2: