Pitch Invasions

topcat

He's an absolute zoomer, so definitely not a Nomad ;) .

He has a thin skin when disagreed with but he usually makes good points about the SMSM - OK maybe easy since they are such obvious liars but it's still worthwhile having someone reading the crap so you don't have to (and maybe useful having a record of said lies for future reference). He only goes off on one on rare occasions. Makes decent points about the Hampden thing.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Well done Hi bees. The only offence I could see was the constant defending of sectarian songs from the Orange Order or is it Blue.........no its Orange. If Thistle won the Scottish cup, I would be on the pitch.............To many Defenders of the faith masquerading as jags trying to sound neutral. What was it that the Hearts players sang in the dressing room when they got promotion.......Perhaps the Hi bees could sing their own version. Pluck the newco pluck the newco Hibs have won the cup......Best weekend news

There were other offences.

If you did invade the pitch when the jags win the cup, there's a very good chance I'll be either right behind or in front of you. Neither of us would be complying with "the rules" and our actions might strengthen the resolve of those who would prevent us.

Holding faith in a particular creed, doctrine or religious sect is not necessarily and obstacle or contradiction to following the Jags. What I hope makes us different form some others is that being a Jag is an independent choice made predominantly on sporting grounds, comradeship and community, not an extension of one's existing personal beliefs or a vehicle to promote or preach about them. No jag should feel they have to defend their faith or be shamed for it.

:fan:

• Like 1

It raises some pertinent issues.

It is clearly a self proclaimed agenda driven comment. It contains some major contradictions, prejudicial generalisations, factual inaccuracies and discriminative errors which could be argued are unfair.

As well as comment on the incident, It also discusses the aftermath, making comment on reactions. This broadens the discussion and draws attention away from the practical analysis of fact and points focus on opinion.

It offers nothing new in suggestion of improvement. No alternative to the unsatisfactory, tried and failed status quo.

• Like 1

I think its been blown out of proprtion. Hibs are a big club and the fact they've waited over a century to win the cup combind with the dissapointments of late, I think I would have ran on that pitch if it was my team.

As for the numbskulls who start being violent and sing vile songs? We all know they're inbred.

• Like 2

I would fully understand if The Rangers fans ran into the pitch if they won the cup next year. After all, it would be the first in their history.....

Running into rather than on to the pitch conjures up an interesting picture of being swallowed up by the ground and disappearing.

• Like 1

It raises some pertinent issues.

It is clearly a self proclaimed agenda driven comment. It contains some major contradictions, prejudicial generalisations, factual inaccuracies and discriminative errors which could be argued are unfair.

As well as comment on the incident, It also discusses the aftermath, making comment on reactions. This broadens the discussion and draws attention away from the practical analysis of fact and points focus on opinion.

It offers nothing new in suggestion of improvement. No alternative to the unsatisfactory, tried and failed status quo.

With due respect, your own comment seems driven by your own agenda.

"It contains some major contradictions, prejudicial generalisations, factual inaccuracies and discriminative errors which could be argued are unfair."

Would you like to elaborate on these, and tell us who is being unfairly treated in what the majority of commentators seem to agree is a restrained and unbiased commentary?

"It contains some major contradictions, prejudicial generalisations, factual inaccuracies and discriminative errors which could be argued are unfair."

Would you like to elaborate on these, and tell us who is being unfairly treated in what the majority of commentators seem to agree is a restrained and unbiased commentary?

Can you show us the majority of commentators who seem to agree is a restrained and unbiased commentary?

The man is a the equivalent of an American "shock jock" getting crowd funded over £400k to make a living. His comments on Hillsborough are as bad as anything done by Kelvin MacKenzie. All done in his room with curtains closed tapping away but never facing the families or journalists in person.

• Like 1

Rev Stu Campbell does a fair degree of research and can usually back up what he has to say, although in my opinion his views on Hillsborough are beyond the pale.

However, related to the above topic, it might be worth others viewing this:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-slight-stramash/

Which at least puts the timescales into some sort of perspective.

Doesn't seem worthy of some of the language that has been used in the MSM to describe it.

I too have entered the field of play, once at Forfar when John Lambie serenaded us from the stand, and once at Firhill, where I was thinking twice about it up until a woman with her baby in it's buggy went first!

Perhaps someone can correct me, but if memory serves, a pitch invasion used to refer to supporters entering the field of play when a game was in progress, no?

Edited by douglas clark

Perhaps the most striking contradiction on my first reading was that the author who assumes the title "Rev." makes criticism of newco for "the use of religiously-charged words like “parish” ....

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

That explains a lot.

The guy tells you what is wrong with the media you read. Personally I think he is a tit on everything else.

But, on that, he is right,

For your information, I am unfriended by our hero, just because.

Frankly the results elsewhere such as Argyll, suggest otherwise..

Be prepared to argue the Argyll results, why don't you?