Player Sponsorship 2016/17

BowenBoys

The time has come to think about the forthcoming season.

I would be very happy for someone else to have a shot at the Player Sponsorship. Perhaps a fresh approach would be welcome. Basically, all that is required is collection of funds and determining the winner. Helped enormously by the club’s pricing structure, it has been a very successful way of raising funds for the club. I’m sure there are many of you keen to take it on so best to get in quickly.

Edited by BowenBoys

The time has come to think about the forthcoming season.

I would be very happy for someone else to have a shot at the Player Sponsorship. Perhaps a fresh approach would be welcome. Basically, all that is required is collection of funds and determining the winner. Helped enormously by the club’s pricing structure, it has been a very successful way of raising funds for the club. I’m sure there are many of you keen to take it on so best to get in quickly.

Anyone?

Determining the winner can be quite simple. For instance, take a random number and divide it by the number of people involved. I used this system recently using the winning half-time draw ticket as the random number. A completely transparent method.

I don't know why you would need to look beyond the forum for help with WeAreThistle player sponsorship. Over the last two seasons we have sponsored 36 players. It's something the forum can be very proud of. If there are people on Facebook who aren't forum members, they can join the forum. If Facebook is more your thing, fine.

I feel very strongly about this but mine is only one opinion. This is a community. Discuss.

Edited by BowenBoys

Firstly BB has done a fantastic job for forum in recent seasons so thinking of moving aside to new torch is totally understandable. Whilst Jagfox intentions are totally jn the best intention I can understand BB wanting it to remain 'in house' outwith Facebook. With this in mind I would consider taking this on, however BB I would seriously need to bend your ear over the logistics either via PM or a pint as I would want to run this in the same manner that you have successfuly done.

First of all Bowenboys, I would to thank you for all your efforts re player sponsorship and the amount of money you raised for our club.

Only talking about my own experience in dealing with the club at different levels( advertising and sponsorship ) but you must have an extremely high patience threshold . So many times the club scores an own goal regarding customer care and ultimately people like myself just get fed up and figure out its not worth the hassle , ultimately that costs the club money .

So many people have had emails regarding the player sponsorship from last season , what's your address etc to post out strip

I'm still waiting for said strip to be posted out and also enquired about next seasons sponsorship , no reply came back.

The club made a huge mistake regarding the player sponsorship , the players should have been there at the final game of the season to thank their shirt sponsors and also as a PR exercise especially for the kids. Everyone's strip and boots would have been picked up negating the expense of posting out football boots and strips which I think would have came to easily £500.00

Not blaming Marion Burns at all but probably whoever made the decision for the player sponsorship has gave her another job to her increasing workload.

We got one top in the post today, from a Home Standard sponsorship arranged directly with the Club. But no sign of the Premium Away for another player we sponsored, no idea whether shorts will come too.

Marion is overloaded I'm sure, but none of my emails from last few days about this & next seasons player sponsorship have had a reply.

They say customer service is all, it is. Why would I continue sponsoring Jags players if nobody responds?

Also worth remembering that at this very important time of the year we are without a commercial manager which is not ideal. At times like this it needs an all hands to the pump approach with people talking to each other so that priorities are dealt with and people are not duplicating efforts.

Unfotunately this has been happening for a number of years with or without a Commercial manager , maybe the Admin/ Commercial dept is under resourced which will in my opinion cost the club money over a period of years.

Unfortunately this has been happening for a number of years with or without a Commercial manager , maybe the Admin/ Commercial dept is under resourced which will in my opinion cost the club money over a period of years.

You can get into the position where someone comes in, does a grand job and then moves onto better paying employment, leaving a void. Not unlike what regularly happens with a club's playing staff or manager.

Maintaining continuity of service is I imagine a difficult task, especially with a transient staff. Obviously establishing contingency for all sort of outcomes should be paramount but in practice perhaps that's easier said than done. I suggest a major failing of the Club over the years has been promising/promoting a service it can deliver on that particular date but in reality can't guarantee or deliver the next day/week/month. The more of us that realise/accept that the better for all concerned. It is tho' most frustrating.

Determining the winner can be quite simple. For instance, take a random number and divide it by the number of people involved. I used this system recently using the winning half-time draw ticket as the random number. A completely transparent method.

I don't know why you would need to look beyond the forum for help with WeAreThistle player sponsorship. Over the last two seasons we have sponsored 36 players. It's something the forum can be very proud of. If there are people on Facebook who aren't forum members, they can join the forum. If Facebook is more your thing, fine.

I feel very strongly about this but mine is only one opinion. This is a community. Discuss.

I'm also on the FB community. Some don't seem to be aware of the great work done by Phil on this forum, but my feeling is that it's the younger ones (maybe I'm wrong?) I also feel that there isn't a huge amount of contributors on the FB pages, so maybe not a bad idea to somehow bring everyone together for sponsorship?

Sorry, had a few sunshine beers yesterday afternoon...

There are a finite number of kits available to sponsor and with it now costing only £150, it is well within reach of many individuals. We have the capacity to get 17+ sponsorships per season, I'm not sure we need to look for more people to help with this. Running the sponsorship across two forums would make it more difficult to administrate.

Incidentally, I have not said that I'm not prepared to do it again this season. The question was, does anyone else want to do it? I will PM jagfox and elevenone today.

Looks like a price increase to £170 standard and £370 premium. Just got email asking if I want to continue with same player I sponsored last season and have til only Friday to decide. Still awaiting the top I sponsored or indeed any reply to emails sent in relation to this.

Looks like a price increase to £170 standard and £370 premium. Just got email asking if I want to continue with same player I sponsored last season and have til only Friday to decide. Still awaiting the top I sponsored or indeed any reply to emails sent in relation to this.

Still waiting on the top & shorts for my Premium sponsorship too. Have replied to Marion today that if she lets me know if player Z is available this coming season, I can vacate Player Y for someone else.