Maxi V Lawell V Budge

yoda-jag

see i do, maxi is going head to head in a battle to the end, up against that even wee'er midget than me, ann budge, and that moral upstanding and not three faced at all, peter liewell, oops i mean lawell ..... for election to the spfl board.

sevcos stewart robertson (who?¿?¿?) has shat it already and said he isn't going to fight.

will maxi, the youngest, the only ex footballer of the three, and the one who looks most like a vulcan, prevail, and emerge victorious?

will we have a voice at the top table?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36737440

with you we are maxi :fan:

Not going to be much of a scrap as there's three people in for three places. :eyebrow:

hmmmm, old enough i am, to know better, than to trust a bbc report for accuracy

have reread the article, and while it states thompson of united will compete against two others for "two vacant positions", and brechins ferguson is the "sole nominee" for "the one position", nowhere does the bbc article state there are three vacant positions for premiership reps ..... the article implies quite the opposite, first with the headline which includes "to make second attempt" and then there's the quote about sevcos robertson "has decided not to vie for one of the three available positions".

a quick news search shows up, for example, the daily ragord says there's only one position for the three nominees, while the following says there's three vacant positions and thus budge will be on the board uncontested http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-and-leeann-dempster-eye-election-to-spfl-board-1-4171853

who's right, who's wrong?

i notice the ptfc site article says maxi is up for one of the three available positions, and it's not as if it's known for incorrect misinformation.

thompson stepped down, that's undisputed, so one vacant position clearly available ..... but if edinburgh news and scotsman and ptfc is correct, who is the other two premiership reps who are stepping down or not seeking re election?

Edited by yoda-jag

Here it is from the lion's mouth. But does this lion speak with forked tongue?

http://spfl.co.uk/ne...w-board-at-agm/

Further to what our Grand Master of the Jedi Order says, although there are 3 nominees for 3 vacancies, there is nothing to say that all of the vacancies will be filled from the nominees. Just look at what a mess our friends in high places can make of a simple cup draw, or of setting league fixtures.

^^^^^ correct dd, it's all as clear as mud as is the norm with our ruling bodies, wouldn't surprise me if cockwomble will make it up as it goes along at the vote, and exclude maxi for being party to challenging the spfl over the fixtures kerfuffle, or he whatever number of votes maxi gets, cockwomble decrees it's below threshold of required votes or something equally daft and previously unheard of, and only budge and lawell are voted on, then robertson of sevco invited to join the board the day after.