Welcome To The Spfl Top League 16/17

Lindau

Watched the Dundee v Sevco game earlier today. Forrester got booked for a bad tackle then committed another two shocking tackles that could easily have been red cards on their own, but what did our cough, splutter, top referee Craig Thomson do......turned a blind eye!! Looks like they will do anything to make sure that Sevco are up there fighting for a Euro place that is vital to their future. Absolute disgraceful display of refereeing!

He had no option but to say that JD. It was so blatant it was embarrassing. When you see what Thistle guys get booked for and see what he got away with today, it's ludicrous. No wonder all the other fans in Scotland hate them and the referees that seem to favour them all the time!

No surprise. And the other cheek will get similarly favourable decisions.

But console yourself with the fact that after today's games, apart from Sellick we're the only top flight team with a 100% record in the league!!

Edited by Big Col

Yup! Saw it and amazed Forrester got away with it. Surely Craig Thomson must be accused of bringing the game into disrepute?

Truly amazing (as has been said) when you consider what some of our lot have been booked for.

Rapidly coming to the opinion that Scottish football really does suck when a player can get away with a couple of tackles like that.

Not content with the economic advantage they even get away with murder. Things will always be so until we do away with two giants and the rest pygmies. The pygmies could have a great league, too.

Not content with the economic advantage they even get away with murder. Things will always be so until we do away with two giants and the rest pygmies. The pygmies could have a great league, too.

Think we would all love the two of them to bugger off, however what investment would the league get if they weren't there? The league would be great though and very competitive. Being honest there is really only one giant club in Scotland these days. Celtic are beginning to look very impressive, especially with the pace they have up front. Griffiths, Dembele, Sinclair and Forrest look a league apart from the rest. Now very grateful that our game this weekend was cancelled. Hopefully we will have found another CB before we have to meet them!

Edited by Lindau

Think we would all love the two of them to bugger off, however what investment would the league get if they weren't there? The league would be great though and very competitive. Being honest there is really only one giant club in Scotland these days. Celtic are beginning to look very impressive, especially with the pace they have up front. Griffiths, Dembele, Sinclair and Forrest look a league apart from the rest. Now very grateful that our game this weekend was cancelled. Hopefully we will have found another CB before we have to meet them!

Nice to see that their wee jaunt over to play Inter was such a success - still they can always count their money on the plane home.

Forrest??? Says a lot about the standard of Scottish players then. He is utter gash! Only thing he has ever done of note is whip his **** out in a nightclub. Even then it was probably a huge disappointment.

Didn't see it but heard that even the manager of The Rangers feared it might have been a second yellow - Scottish referees will be Scottish referees I suppose and it is scarcely surprising.

Nice little colemanball comment from Warburton- "Another referee might have given it [a second yellow] but I can't comment on that." Reminiscent of Gascoigne's "I don't make predictions, and I never will"

<p>Preferred alleged comment from Gascoigne in Australia with the England team when he was informed there was no bacon for breakfast:-</p>

<p> </p>

<p>" Ten million f******g sheep in Australia and there's no f*****g bacon?"</p>

<p> </p>

<div style="left: -1000px; top: 8px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;"> </div>

if Forrest is "utter gash" doesn't make any sense that Celtic would give him a 3 year deal! Talented player, skilful and direct who went off the rails due to injury and a manager that didn't like him. I would take him at Firhill in a heartbeat.

if Forrest is "utter gash" doesn't make any sense that Celtic would give him a 3 year deal! Talented player, skilful and direct who went off the rails due to injury and a manager that didn't like him. I would take him at Firhill in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't have him near Firhill.Contracts? Well we give theM out to long term injured players don't we? Why do we do that?

Edited by Garscube Road End

Wouldn't have him near Firhill.Contracts? Well we give theM out to long term injured players don't we? Why do we do that?

It's about loyalty GRE. Our contract for Bannigan will pay dividends; I'd rather we looked after our players, don't you agree?

And where was the loyalty from Bannigan? Suddenly he was loyal when his injury cost him his move.

Harsh GRE - there's no evidence at all that any contract had been agreed by SB or his 'advisers' before his injury.

We can all speculate to buggery on Stuart's intentions, but after the injury the club's treatment of SB has been honourable and correct.

Both parties will benefit in the long run.

• Like 1

Harsh GRE - there's no evidence at all that any contract had been agreed by SB or his 'advisers' before his injury.

We can all speculate to buggery on Stuart's intentions, but after the injury the club's treatment of SB has been honourable and correct.

I hope so Barney, but I have my doubts.

Very true.

Turn that on its head and just imagine what the bad publicity would do to the image we're trying to create. Archie's said it often enough that even when we struggle to compete on wages we can still attract players by other means. If we were seen to be not showing loyalty to one of our longer serving home grown players, a player that's represented the Club on and off the field with such enthusiasm, I'd suggest a large chunk of that attraction would be lost.

• Like 1