Aberdeen Vs Partick Thistle 20/08/2016

jagfox

Am I the only one that thought Lindsay got clipped when he lost the ball ? Not excusing lack of concentration but could have been a foul.

As for Welsh wanting off the pitch ?Do me a favour.When you've been injured as long as this guy ,that's the last thing he needs.It was stupidity at a perceived and real injustice,nothing more.

Just watched the highlights: unlucky not to get at least one more goal. Some of the one-touch passing up front was really good, and that will carve open many more chances in the matches ahead. As for the two goals lost, well you never like to see a goal from a free kick when the keeper and the wall are supposed to have taken care of most of the options. And as for the dithering by Lindsay, well most defenders get caught out like that occasionally. We put up a fight, right until the end. We'll play worse and win.

PS: Welsh: daft.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday and just saw the highlights last night.

Yes it was a mistake from Lindsay but it was also a bad pass in the first place by Welsh. It looked to me like it should have been going back to Cerny. If that was the case then Lindsay would have left it, had he got a shout from Welsh. Clearly he didn't.

I'm not a big fan of Lindsay (yet) but I don't think he should be taking all the blame for that one.

Also, it was a shame such a great strike from Erskine counted for nothing.

Yes it was a mistake from Lindsay but it was also a bad pass in the first place by Welsh. It looked to me like it should have been going back to Cerny. If that was the case then Lindsay would have left it, had he got a shout from Welsh. Clearly he didn't.

No shout to leave it from Cerny either? I really think tho' that Lindsay was almost entirely to blame. If he wasn't a central defender then I'd be calling it more of a collective error. But a defender's going to have to intercept loads of tricky balls from rushed back passes, deflections etc. It's got to be within his make up to anticipate and adjust to these situations. In truth Liam no doubt handled far more threatening situations throughout the match, as is his job, and (along with Devine) appeared to me to be having a good game.

So, yes, it was far from an ideal pass but something an accomplished central defender should deal with at ease. Lindsay's basic football let him down on that one instance. It happens to all defenders. How regular an occurrence is what really matters.

No shout to leave it from Cerny either? I really think tho' that Lindsay was almost entirely to blame. If he wasn't a central defender then I'd be calling it more of a collective error. But a defender's going to have to intercept loads of tricky balls from rushed back passes, deflections etc. It's got to be within his make up to anticipate and adjust to these situations. In truth Liam no doubt handled far more threatening situations throughout the match, as is his job, and (along with Devine) appeared to me to be having a good game.

So, yes, it was far from an ideal pass but something an accomplished central defender should deal with at ease. Lindsay's basic football let him down on that one instance. It happens to all defenders. How regular an occurrence is what really matters.

It's Welsh's job to give the shout of who he is passing it to. Unrealistic that Cerny could get a shout for Lindsay to leave it in the fraction of a second it took before it got to him.

It was a mistake from Lindsay, and he should have dealt with it better, but in my opinion it was made difficult for him by a poor pass from Welsh.

Hopefully he will learn from it.

Let's give Lindsay a break. As I saw it, he made the wrong to decision in the heat of the moment and tried to side step the Aberdeen player rather than just

hoofing it away. Hopefully he'll learn from the experience.

What angered me even more on Saturday was Amoo failing to find Azeez with a simple square ball when we looked certain score!

• Like 1