Are We Finished?

Auld Jag

I'm not getting this.

Why can't a loan be revoked during the transfer window?

Because the deal was done and a contract was signed last Friday that is enforceable until 8th January when the next window opens. Therefore irrevocable under current rules until then.

Memo to Archie - never loan a player on a Friday.

• Like 2

It's most likely an SPFL rule. If so asking "why" is rather a pointless exercise when Doncaster runs the show.

Not getting this? Eh, em Doncaster runs the show.

Dungcaster is to blame for lots of things, but not this one.

The clubs agreed to it, and it is a good rule.

This situation is down to circumstances, pure and easy.

Dungcaster is to blame for lots of things, but not this one.

The clubs agreed to it, and it is a good rule.

This situation is down to circumstances, pure and easy.

Actually I do agree. Don't think we'd have been too chuffed if parent clubs had withdrawn the likes of Colin West or Dorrans. It is tho' more likely that Dungcaster and Co have stumbled upon the ruling rather than actively endorsed it.

I doubt even that time will tell if not being in a position to promote Penrice to first team duties is bad luck. It is quite possible that he'll see little first team action at Livingston but regardless it's arguable that being thrown in at the deep end isn't the best way to bring on a youngster. Put another way it may turn out fortunate for us, and of course the player, that Penrice was already on loan before Booth's injury. Doubt tho' we'll ever know.

Actually I do agree. Don't think we'd have been too chuffed if parent clubs had withdrawn the likes of Colin West or Dorrans. It is tho' more likely that Dungcaster and Co have stumbled upon the ruling rather than actively endorsed it.

I doubt even that time will tell if not being in a position to promote Penrice to first team duties is bad luck. It is quite possible that he'll see little first team action at Livingston but regardless it's arguable that being thrown in at the deep end isn't the best way to bring on a youngster. Put another way it may turn out fortunate for us, and of course the player, that Penrice was already on loan before Booth's injury. Doubt tho' we'll ever know.

Honestly don't know what your point is L-I-B.???

Nobody has yet mentioned Archie in relation to the vacancy at Northampton. He's been linked to every other job, so why not this one

I'm pretty sure they've had recent financial trouble also if he's knocked back Fiorentina, Athletic Bilbao and Inter in recent months he might just not fancy it...

On a slightly tenuous link. Someone should by Corby Town get them up through the leagues, rebrand as Thistle then when they reach the Premier League we move them to Firhill and watch all the money and fame rain in :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure they've had recent financial trouble also if he's knocked back Fiorentina, Athletic Bilbao and Inter in recent months he might just not fancy it...

On a slightly tenuous link. Someone should by Corby Town get them up through the leagues, rebrand as Thistle then when they reach the Premier League we move them to Firhill and watch all the money and fame rain in :rolleyes:

That's... interesting. Where'd you think of that?

Spent a few weeks in Corby back in early and mid 70's when a young teen.

All I remember is taking the bus out that big long looping (Occupation) road to where they played.