Team For Tonight

Mr Bunny

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be an easy win and shut-out for Scotland tonight but I wouldn't disrespect Liechtenstein too much. Their footballing infrastructure is certainly something for Scotland to be jealous of. They have a ridiculous amount of very well kept full- and half-sized pitches, both grass and astroturf. Their teams are all integrated into the Swiss football pyramid and whilst Vaduz are fairly evenly matched with Thistle, there are enough examples of one off shocks to not take the national team lightly.

As I say, anything less than a win without conceding would be a dreadful result, but as any Faeroese knows, Scotland aren't exempt from the odd dreadful result.

I hate being (sort of) right.

Our so - called top league teams get a good f*cking doing in Europe and then we're surprised when we don't get an easy walkover against Lichtenstein. Packing a team with done h*ns and done Tims who can't even get a game for their respective serial losers XIs. These two facts are not a coincidence.

Football is a simple game when coached right. When a team parks the bus like tonight, press the ball high up the pitch and use the wide areas. Not once did we look like doing that.

Levein didn't have a clue what to do when we went behind. He clearly cannot inspire the players and has to go NOW!!!

I'd bring Craig Brown back and I never ever thought I would say that.

Levein's in denial and his complacent interview was a disgrace. The numpty was rotten at Leicester and was rightly sacked. I would take Craig Brown over him any day. He would not spout such nonsense after a disgraceful performance.

I couldn't bear to watch Levein. I think I'd have put my foot through the TV. Get Broony in NOW!!!

Cracking sig by the way :thumbsup2:

Levein's in denial and his complacent interview was a disgrace. The numpty was rotten at Leicester and was rightly sacked. I would take Craig Brown over him any day. He would not spout such nonsense after a disgraceful performance.

We got away with that. But that was excruicating to go through for 96 minutes. Agree completely with kni about Levein's post match interview. Avril Levein showed in that interview that, like throughout the game, he didn't have a clue. The players need to take a good look at themselves too, for most of the game 3/4's of that team didn't turn up. The abscence of Dorrans is another WTF you doing Levein you numbnut.

Top of the group, how the heck did we manage that? :blink:

Ref didn't help either, lost it especially towards the end, some shocking challenges not properly punished.

A fair few shock results elsewhere right enough, but tonights win doesn't paper over the cracks and Avril's and his players shortcomings.

Huge improvement needed for the next couple of games.

Despite the woeful performance, doesn´t anyone think that, had Boyd been allowed through on goal in the first half instead of the ref saying it was offside, that would have completely changed the course of things?

Also, having seen those minnows concede only four against the World Champions four days earlier, I always knew it would be difficult for Scotland to score a few, let alone if you concede one just after the interval.

Three points is only thing that matter( and don´t forget Lithuania won in Prague, where Scotland has to play yet).

If we are being completely honest the players shouldnt need a manager to tell them how to play aginst and beat a team like Lichtenstein. They all mostly play at a decent level and should know what to do

:thumbsup2:

That's the absolute truth.

The managerial & coaching qualities of Levein should be completely insignificant when up against the likes of Lichtenstein.

W

Whilst being a tad relieved that we were saved from total embarrassment and potentially football oblivion tonight; I'm afraid the truly awful state of Scottish football is no longer serious. In point of fact if action isn't taken at all levels from schoolboy to the so-called "elite" to foster basic footballing ability ability and to develop skill levels, to say nothing of a fundamental restructuring of the allegedly professional game in this country, I fear it will be terminal. I doubt this will be the song sung by Chick Dung and his colleagues. Nonetheless its the truth , hard as it is to swallow.

:thumbsup2:

That's the absolute truth.

The managerial & coaching qualities of Levein should be completely insignificant when up against the likes of Lichtenstein.

The attendance at Hampden was greater than Lichtenstein's entire population. Spain should have scored more than four and so should we.

Yes it does matter. We need to get someone in who can inspire the team. None of this 'no easy game patter' we should be saying we are looking for five from this mob.

Who is telling the team to go sideways, keep the ball etc? I assume the manager.

We need a natural leader and winner in the job. He seems to be neither.

Although I don't rate Adam as international class (how many players do we have that are?) but he can run at players, beat them and shoots well from outside the box. I thought we should have looked to have more players like that in the team from the start (we'd McFadden but he seems hit and miss at the moment) - against that standard of team it ought to have been a decent tactic. I really don't know what McCulloch did except bounce the ball off the top of his head when he should have scored.

Edited by Mr Bunny

We got away with that. But that was excruicating to go through for 96 minutes. Agree completely with kni about Levein's post match interview. Avril Levein showed in that interview that, like throughout the game, he didn't have a clue. The players need to take a good look at themselves too, for most of the game 3/4's of that team didn't turn up. The abscence of Dorrans is another WTF you doing Levein you numbnut.

Top of the group, how the heck did we manage that? :blink:

Ref didn't help either, lost it especially towards the end, some shocking challenges not properly punished.

A fair few shock results elsewhere right enough, but tonights win doesn't paper over the cracks and Avril's and his players shortcomings.

Huge improvement needed for the next couple of games.

Avril........that's extremely poor patter

so i'm stealing it for work the morra :lol: