Aberdeen......

javeajag

Might have been an improved defensive performance, but still, is there even a point of us playing Aberdeen, Celtic, or Rangers? You may as well just give them the points.

Once again, 1 shot on target all night. Could someone get Archie an attacking coach, or someone who can actually create something.

A lot of work to be done in the transfer window. In both directions.

Ideally at least 6 would be swapped out. Especially the usual suspects out for a month with a paper cut.

Edited by Vaila Street

watched it on a stream.Same old same old repeating of failing tactics. Everything ends up going wide.Sit back way too deep and invite the opposition on to us, aimless punts back to the opposition from defense .shite from Devine at the goal . Our passing is an embarrassment. Just sick of the exact same thing being replayed over and over.

We put massive work into being insipid in that game

Biggest game since we were promoted now on Saturday.

At the end of the day shocking defending from Keown(?), caused us the points. However, the real problem lies in the midfield whch seems equally incapable of defending or supporting the poor forwards: who have to feed of scraps in a game like tonights.

Saturday's game is unsurprisingly vital and I for one are none too confident?

Edited by stillresigned

At the end of the day shocking defending from Keown(?), caused us the points. However, the real problem lies in the midfield whch seems equally incapable of defending or supporting the poor forwards: who have to feed of scraps in a game like tonights.

Saturday's game is unsurprisingly vital and I for one are none too confident?

Couldn't see properly. coming back from toilet?

Saturday is massive for us, county haven’t won in 8 games, I remember the same scenario 2 seasons ago!!

1st half we closed well and were stuffy, stopped Aberdeen playing, idiotic goal to lose, but with nothing up front and very little out ball options 1 goal was always going to be enough.

Not sure whether Dools, Erskine, Fraser or Woods will be fit for Saturday so yet again we’re down to 16 players and 2 of them kids

3 quick points from someone who was at the game:

1) in the midst of general mediocrity, Jordan Turnbull stood out like a shining light. Solid tackling, good positional sense, accurate passing, bit of imagination, willingness to get forward and link up with other players. He has to be the first name on our team sheet and he deserved better from those around him.

2) I normally try to defend Adam Barton but 2 of his lackadaisical concessions of possession, including one where he tried to play a one-two off an opposition player, were particularly shocking.

3) when McCarthy tired, I thought that the natural midfield replacement on the bench was Callum Wilson. Admittedly all I have seen of him are highlights and interviews but he comes across as an intelligent and self-confident lad who would not be cowed (or sheeped) by coming on in such circumstances and may just have created something. Kevin Nisbet has not as yet been an effective impact sub and it was unlikely that this would change in an unfamiliar centre midfield role. Maybe LIB or another regular attender at development squad games could give more informed comment?

From now on Barton must play at the back with Devine the bomb scare being dropped no matter who we have available for midfield...it reminds me of when we played Mcginn at left back and he was mince so got moved back to the right as it's his best position...I don't for one minute accept that Barton needs to play midfield for any reason as he's mince so anyone available would be just as good or perhaps better.

Playing Barton in midfield causes goals

Playing Devine in defence causes goals

ITS A NO BRAINER ARCHIE

In Aberdeen for the game. Just want to confirm it's pay at the gate as normal?

What a joke that was - £26 Adult / £19 concession for what Aberdeen call their "Gold Seating Zone" which somehow extends to that crappy bit they shove the away fans into.

As others have said, really poor game of football & we have nothing going forward. Aberdeen were there for the taking, they were awful too.

Just seen the goal and from the look of it, Barton loses Rooney for the goal. Had he tracked the run or stayed goalside, the goal could have been prevented but we should have defended the throw better to begin with. We have tightened up in recent weeks but still losing silly goals.

From now on Barton must play at the back with Devine the bomb scare being dropped no matter who we have available for midfield...it reminds me of when we played Mcginn at left back and he was mince so got moved back to the right as it's his best position...I don't for one minute accept that Barton needs to play midfield for any reason as he's mince so anyone available would be just as good or perhaps better.

ITS A NO BRAINER ARCHIE

I totally agree!

ITS A NO BRAINER ARCHIE

If he plays Barton in the midfield Archie needs a boot in the baws.

3) when McCarthy tired, I thought that the natural midfield replacement on the bench was Callum Wilson. Admittedly all I have seen of him are highlights and interviews but he comes across as an intelligent and self-confident lad who would not be cowed (or sheeped) by coming on in such circumstances and may just have created something. Kevin Nisbet has not as yet been an effective impact sub and it was unlikely that this would change in an unfamiliar centre midfield role. Maybe LIB or another regular attender at development squad games could give more informed comment?

Young Wilson does indeed look an intelligent quick thinking player. His positional sense appears very good and has all the makings of becoming a decent midfielder. He's rather lightweight, tho' has lately added a bit of dig to his game. McCarthy too was lightweight a couple of seasons ago so I'd guess, using Andy as a yardstick, Callum's a season away from being a serious consideration. That based on having most of our regular midfielders available.

ITS A NO BRAINER ARCHIE

I agree with this entirely. These two are a big part of our problems. If you watch the highlights carefully, in every game Barton gives the ball away and then does next to nothing to get it back and Devine mishits a clearance putting our defence (or worse goalkeeper or goal) under pressure.

This thread should not draw to a close without a tribute to the Thistle fans who turned up at Pittodrie ;last night. Freezing weather and an attritional game with little excitement in the vicinity of the opposition goalmouth did not deter the travelling band from offering wholehearted encouragement from start to finish and totally out-singing the more numerous but tongue-tied home "support". Resounding rendition of the twelve days of Archibald amongst other favourites, and a special shout out to those who managed to transform "Firhil for Thrills" into a singable terracing anthem, including singing the instrumental parts (who needs drums?!).

• Like 6

This thread should not draw to a close without a tribute to the Thistle fans who turned up at Pittodrie ;last night. Freezing weather and an attritional game with little excitement in the vicinity of the opposition goalmouth did not deter the travelling band from offering wholehearted encouragement from start to finish and totally out-singing the more numerous but tongue-tied home "support". Resounding rendition of the twelve days of Archibald amongst other favourites, and a special shout out to those who managed to transform "Firhil for Thrills" into a singable terracing anthem, including singing the instrumental parts (who needs drums?!).

Here here

That Archibald song is hilariously ridiculous!!