Jordan Turnbull Recalled From Loan

jaggybunnet

Could open the door for Thistle to make a bid for Craig Halkett at Livi. Currently got only 6months to run on his deal, even though some have suggested he has been offered a new contract. I am sure Thistle could top that however, and Livi would look for a quick sell to ensure they don't lose him for free.

There was some interest from Archie apparently, and the guy seems similar to Lindsay in that he is club captain at only 22, and has scored 7 goals in 66 matches from defense. Would much rather see that than another player brought in on loan, or more terrifying yet, a Devine/Keown partnership with no alternative.

• Like 2

Since when did we become a buying club or do you mean we take him and arrange a buy now pay later, when we sell him on. He does look very good at championship level which, lets be honest isn't too far behind top league form.

Turnbull will be a big loss, easily our best defender this season. Didn't look too comfortable when asked to play left back but still did a job, Playing centrally, he outshone Keown and Devine. I had hoped we could get him full time.

Hopefully we can find a decent replacement.

Could open the door for Thistle to make a bid for Craig Halkett at Livi. Currently got only 6months to run on his deal, even though some have suggested he has been offered a new contract. I am sure Thistle could top that however, and Livi would look for a quick sell to ensure they don't lose him for free.

There was some interest from Archie apparently, and the guy seems similar to Lindsay in that he is club captain at only 22, and has scored 7 goals in 66 matches from defense. Would much rather see that than another player brought in on loan, or more terrifying yet, a Devine/Keown partnership with no alternative.

Assuming there's accuracy to our reported interest in Halkett I'm still not too sure he'd be the immediate answer. Maybe we've offered him a pre contract or we could be offering Livi a nominal fee and loaning him back for the remainder of the season. It would be high risk signing the lad and throwing him straight into the starting XI. Just need to look at Aaron Muirhead, who similarly had relatively little game time as a centreback, and no top league experience despite looking the real deal. He'd most likely never have made it (or will make it) in our league but you could argue he wasn't exactly eased in to the job. Besides I gotta feeling Halkett is right sided (maybe someone can confirm) and that would make it that wee bit harder to come straight into the team.

Hopefully Archie can bring in a stop gap left sided defender of reasonable quality and at the same time be doing something about signing up a younger centreback with potential (Halkett or whoever) with next season in mind.

Its important that we sign a left sided CB assuming we continue to play with 3 at the back and wing backs bombing forward(hopefully). If its a back 4 it aint so vital but that would mean moving Barton back to midfield(please God no!).

Preferably someone that can distribute as well as dominate. I notice ATS doesn't seem to be playing at Plymouth. Is he injured or just dropped? I often thought this would be his best position.

Devine is not the answer but I'm sure Archie appreciates this.

I agree that Muirhead was a huge disappointment but not sure if it's correct to compare. I haven't seen Halkett play but it was the physical battering that Muirhead couldn't cope with. I believe Livvy are a fairly physical team and suspect Halkett may not be 'ragdolled' quite as easily. We have really missed Lindsay more than people appreciate because, when the ball was delivered (or blootered a la St Johnstone) into the box, it was quickly won and cleared out of the danger area.