Ross County 4/5/18

Auld Jag

48 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

I love reading the optimists reaction. Its incredible how after a tough season where weve won 7 games, there is belief we can win the 2 remaining games. Its always been in our hands but if were goin to let stevie g pish on us next year were going to have to rely on county gettin horsed and us beating united in a playoff. If we do survive that, Archie still must go. Its been unbearable for too long. Brendan, Clarke and Gerrard, maybe we could appoint someone who can bring in someone to bring a bit of long overdue excitement back to Maryhill

Despite a very bad season we could still survive in this league and it is still in our own hands. I am in no way an Archie can do no wrong or only Archie can manage Thistle person,but  we need to get behind the team and hope that between the team and the fans(who have been brilliant) we can stay in this league.

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

maybe we could appoint someone who can bring in someone to bring a bit of long overdue excitement back to Maryhill

Strange time to post that. For all our faults, team and/or management, the one thing I don't believe that's been lacking from the last two home games in Maryhill has been excitement. Personally I'd sacrifice some of the excitement for more composure.

7 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Strange time to post that. For all our faults, team and/or management, the one thing I don't believe that's been lacking from the last two home games in Maryhill has been excitement. Personally I'd sacrifice some of the excitement for more composure.

And 2 easy wins for Thistle to finish the season off.

2 hours ago, MonehJags said:

I love reading the optimists reaction. Its incredible how after a tough season where weve won 7 games, there is belief we can win the 2 remaining games. Its always been in our hands but if were goin to let stevie g pish on us next year were going to have to rely on county gettin horsed and us beating united in a playoff. If we do survive that, Archie still must go. Its been unbearable for too long. Brendan, Clarke and Gerrard, maybe we could appoint someone who can bring in someone to bring a bit of long overdue excitement back to Maryhill

I appreciate that there is a debate to be had, and the day of reckoning when this will come may not be too far away.

But if I can paraphrase the words of Aragorn at the Gates of Mordor: 

"A day may come when the confidence of the Board  and the supporters fails, and we break our bonds of fellowship with Archie & Shaggy..... But it is not this day. This day we fight!"

So today, Tuesday and on until the conclusion of the battle, we fight together side by side, optimists and pessimists alike, dwarves and elves thrown together by the common enemy of relegation.

"For Thistle" we shout and we charge forward.....

.....But of course we can fight each other later!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

I appreciate that there is a debate to be had, and the day of reckoning when this will come may not be too far away.

"A day may come when the confidence of the Board  and the supporters fails, and we break our bonds of fellowship with Archie & Shaggy..... But it is not this day. This day we fight!"

So today, Tuesday and on until the conclusion of the battle, we fight together side by side, optimists and pessimists alike, dwarves and elves thrown together by the common enemy of relegation.

your Tolkien sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/5/2018 at 7:35 AM, Winter of '63 said:

The split certainly generates exciting and meaningful games at the end of the season though.

Am I missing something here?..... Regardless of whether there was a split or not wouldn't the bottom teams still be fighting for their lives, trying to pick up points to avoid the drop or the play-off spot? The only difference due to the split is that it's the dross playing the dross (as in Dross County :)) each time.

15 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Despite a very bad season we could still survive in this league and it is still in our own hands. I am in no way an Archie can do no wrong or only Archie can manage Thistle person,but  we need to get behind the team and hope that between the team and the fans(who have been brilliant) we can stay in this league.

Agree entirely, if I’m honest it’s been a dreadful season and it will be  nothing short of a miracle if we retain our SPFL status. None the less we have two games left to try and do something about it.

Now is not the time for pursuing petty or selfish agendas: they’ll be plenty of imemfor that at seasons end. Let me be clear I’m not calling for everyone to be ‘happy. clappy’, but just for these two games at least give the team the same wholehearted support we gave them on Friday. At this stage in proceedings as Jags supporters there frankly is very little else we can do.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Focus on the next two games ... we need at least one win to avoid the auto drop... 

all other issues can start next week 

The next 2 or 4 games are all that matters. Once we know our fate then we can all chip in with our thoughts but until then lets just remember we are all Thistle fans and unite behind our team starting on Tuesday night.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Send in your best Elve and I'll fight the winner...

10 hours ago, stillresigned said:

Agree entirely, if I’m honest it’s been a dreadful season and it will be  nothing short of a miracle if we retain our SPFL status. None the less we have two games left to try and do something about it.

Now is not the time for pursuing petty or selfish agendas: they’ll be plenty of imemfor that at seasons end. Let me be clear I’m not calling for everyone to be ‘happy. clappy’, but just for these two games at least give the team the same wholehearted support we gave them on Friday. At this stage in proceedings as Jags supporters there frankly is very little else we can do.

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

Focus on the next two games ... we need at least one win to avoid the auto drop... 

all other issues can start next week 

7 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The next 2 or 4 games are all that matters. Once we know our fate then we can all chip in with our thoughts but until then lets just remember we are all Thistle fans and unite behind our team starting on Tuesday night.

Agree with all of these comments.Like any family we will have arguments,but when a crisis arises we close ranks and support the team.

16 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree with all of these comments.Like any family we will have arguments,but when a crisis arises we close ranks and support the team.

What he says!!!

Intae them jags, lanarkshire bams