Morton vs. Thistle

Jaggernaut

Just now, Third Lanark said:

So you would sack Caldwell after 3 very poor games? Are you happy to keep Elliott and mcginty who have been quite frankly nothing better than awful this season?

if he has lost the dressing room means he can play the younger players eg sneddon instead of bell, kermoe and Fitzpatrick instead of quite frankly take your pick.

At least the fans would have more patience. archie a lost the dressing room but were you not one of the fans asking for him to be given till the end of the season?

If he's "lost the dressing romm" that includes these "younger players"

I know you're not asking me but YES i would sack him. Now before he does any more damage.

Just now, gianlucatoni said:

The real world and workplace is littered with management incompetence dressed up as a strategic 'vision' - senior level managers who truly believe in their own idea at the expense of everyone else - and when it goes well and truly t*ts up they walk away with a big golden goodbye payment, move into consultancy to convince other unsuspecting incompetents who lack a vision and wish to follow, and leave the workers behind to pick up the pieces & take the blame for the shi*tstorm that follows.

I've come across a good few characters like this in my working life and not a single one has said sorry.

It was sarcasm fgs.

Truely feel for you given you experience in the work place and it's a very funnt post.

2 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

This is lamont/mccormack/johnstone/clark stuff right here. So far he's no better than what we had. We should beep like an articulated lorry we've been going backwards for so long 

I'm also out of likes but that comment is exactly what I'm seeing.  Keeping  Archie on was the equivalent of keeping on Murdo McLeod or Peter McCormack.

In my opinion we've taken a shorter time to get to the new Derek Jonstone, Benny Rooney, Billy Lamont or Dick Campbell. My only hope is we take a shortertime again to get to the new Lambie, McCall etc

3 minutes ago, Hankey said:

We backed ourselves into a corner when we kept backing a shot fighter and then sacked him between windows with Caldwell left to pick up the shit. If the fans were loud enough at various points before this he'd have gone, but the same old shite kept ringing despite things getting worse and worse. Killie 5-1, last minute goals v Dundee/Hamilton, RC 4-0, the play offs v lower opposition. Even before the window closed when it was obvious we were miles off the so called aim of a title challenge. He could have all gone at those points but was backed again and again by fans who let him away with months of piss poor results. Archie would have been emptied by other clubs long before he was here, and that's as much down to a lot of the fanbase who were continuously supportive of his position despite the teams decline as it is the board who lacked the stones to get rid of their pals.

You seem to have avoided  the question on if you watched today's game or not?

Putting that aside the other question remains would you back this clown or not? Your happy to keep harming back to Archie he's gone do you think Caldwell will get us promoted?

12 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

If he's "lost the dressing romm" that includes these "younger players"

I know you're not asking me but YES i would sack him. Now before he does any more damage.

You'd sack a manager after four games in charge? Have you any idea what's involved in managing a football club? Absolutely baffling!! 

7 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

You'd sack a manager after four games in charge? Have you any idea what's involved in managing a football club? Absolutely baffling!! 

I would sack him, he has proven to be  the wrong choice and there is no point of prolonging it. If anyone can point to any reason why he should be retained other than it's only 3 weeks then let us know what you have seen that the rest of us can't see.

11 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

Motivating the players. Getting the tactics right. Making the right substitutions. So far so good.

20 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

Lambie lost 3 out his 1st 4 games for us.

Forfar at home 2-1

We beat Ayr 3-1 away

Airdrie at home beat 2-0

Killie away beaten 1-0

the rest is history 

He needs to be given a reasonable amount of time to see improvements 

6 minutes ago, Z88 said:

Motivating the players. Getting the tactics right. Making the right substitutions. So far so good.

I'm not saying Caldwell will go on to become a legendary manager but remember Fergie at Man U? The club has been in freefall for a season and a half and some people expect that to be sorted in the space of four games?!!! Caldwell out, David Blaine in!!! 

1 minute ago, NotAFan said:

I'm not saying Caldwell will go on to become a legendary manager but remember Fergie at Man U? The club has been in freefall for a season and a half and some people expect that to be sorted in the space of four games?!!! Caldwell out, David Blaine in!!! 

For a man who is quoted as saying he's done his homework on the players and how he was going to play to their strengths  and sort their fitness, its a very very unimpressive start. Playing Christie at CH and McCarthy at RB makes him look clueless. He's already talking about the  January window.  Its starting to sound a  lot like Chesterfield. 

10 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Lambie lost 3 out his 1st 4 games for us.

Forfar at home 2-1

We beat Ayr 3-1 away

Airdrie at home beat 2-0

Killie away beaten 1-0

the rest is history 

He needs to be given a reasonable amount of time to see improvements 

Your clearly focused on results which is only part of the equation, ignoring the fact Lambie one 1 of his first three what do you see that says he should stay?

55 minutes ago, Metz said:

You seem to have avoided  the question on if you watched today's game or not?

Putting that aside the other question remains would you back this clown or not? Your happy to keep harming back to Archie he's gone do you think Caldwell will get us promoted?

You said I was having a laugh and I answered why I believe the fans are too lenient with their expectations of the club.

Wasn't there today, and to be honest, being hounded 5-1 by a below average team in this league is a scandalous result, and up there with our all time worst for me. He has a window for me to prove he can turn it around.

This result has been coming all season. He has a helluva job to turn this around and it's an inauspicious start. He might as well have the balls to experiment with the so called squad if he can. I agree with putting any of the young guys good enough in. I can only hope that somehow erskine and Doolan get back to form and couliby gets fit! 

every week I’m seeing certain players who I don’t think have what it takes to be part of the team I want to build”....

i guess this goes one of two ways, it motivates enough players that enable improved results, or too many think sod it and sod him I’ve got a contract..

i do find replacing McGinty with Elliot baffling, it’s like we were in a hole and Caldwell just dug us deeper into it. 

But if he doesn’t stop the rot by December surely the only window he will be seeing is the one through which his arse will fly, there’s no way he should be given funds if he cannot show some improvement first. Or as an ex internationalist central defender is he saying he cannot coach some improvement into our two centre backs? 

Hopefully of course we do see improvement quickly and he becomes a successful Thistle manager but this is going to be a real test for him. And all Jags fans! 

Just now, NotAFan said:

Had we seen some semblence of competency, had we seen vision in his tactics, had we seen some grit instilled in the players, had we seen a clear system, had we seen his skill in motivation, had we seen evidence of his communicating with the players and that they were understanding what he wanted. Had he made some progress in shoring the defence.....notafan, can i refer you to my earlier posts cos i'm getting frustrated now. 

“I went into the dressing room and said to the guys that we’ve lost three games in three weeks not because the opposition have had a better team than us but because they’ve wanted it more and that should be the most hurtful thing any player can hear. "

I hate it when managers say stuff like this. Doesn't matter if its Caldwell or Guardiola. Its usually a smokescreen for they picked the wrong team.

In the first half I didn't see a lack of desire from our team or look at Morton and think they want it more. I saw a Morton team who knew where our weakness was and exploited it.

In the second half I saw a team that didn't have a clue what it had been asked to do, players unsure of what position they were playing and a total lack of belief. Looked to me like the manager had confused the heck out of all of them.

BTW - see the wee mini warm-up that lasted about 1 minutes before the start of the second half and the 5 minutes of knocking the ball about before Morton came out for the second half. What on earth was that?

Would have been better using every minute of that telling McCarthy how to play rightback, Elliot how to play centre back and Keown how to kick with his left foot.

13 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

every week I’m seeing certain players who I don’t think have what it takes to be part of the team I want to build”....

i guess this goes one of two ways, it motivates enough players that enable improved results, or too many think sod it and sod him I’ve got a contract..

i do find replacing McGinty with Elliot baffling, it’s like we were in a hole and Caldwell just dug us deeper into it. 

But if he doesn’t stop the rot by December surely the only window he will be seeing is the one through which his arse will fly, there’s no way he should be given funds if he cannot show some improvement first. Or as an ex internationalist central defender is he saying he cannot coach some improvement into our two centre backs? 

Hopefully of course we do see improvement quickly and he becomes a successful Thistle manager but this is going to be a real test for him. And all Jags fans! 

That's unlikely today he has alienated McGinty and Scobie. Demotivated Elliott and McCarthy and he has only been there three weeks. The squad was already low in confidence god knows what it will be like now with this clown in charge.

• Like 2

Just now, Metz said:

That's unlikely today he has alienated McGinty and Scobie. Demotivated Elliott and McCarthy and he has only been there three weeks. The squad was already low in confidence god knows what it will be like now with this clown in charge.

If I had a like left you would be in possession of it.

34 minutes ago, avie-man said:

Heard a rumour that out wage bill is almost 4x times that of Ayr United and still considerably larger than Livingston's. Scandalous mis-management at the club. 

I'm so ******* scunnered I would be willing to let anything go tonight but comparing our wage bill to Livingston's is total nonsense. Knock us for under performing by all means but please don't use words like "scandalous" and "mis-management" while holding that organisation in west Lothian up as a shining light.  

• Like 1