Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

Here's a tip for the website operators: put the date the event is actually happening somewhere on the page, so you don't force people to have to click through to the EventBrite page just to discover when it is.

No matter who is charge of the club, the official site remains atrocious in terms of the most basic UI.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Ok I was in that camp ...so factually can you explain 

1. what did the consortium do ? 
to my knowledge they did nothing (!)except bid for 55% of the shares .... no statements , no plans , no fan engagement .... that was part of the problem 

2. on what basis was there anything to say positively on the consortium bid ? 
there was no proposal circulated , no plan jj tried to pretend there was one but couldn’t provide it , No press statements ... literally nada 

3 what was there to critique if no information was provided ?

well I guess who were the consortium - which was never disclosed (!) except paul conway it later turned out chien lee was never involved , or we could look at their business track record except it wasn’t provided or we could look at Barnsley and when you did it was not good 

no coherent support for the consortium was ever put forward other than 

- they were business people as though that in its self meant anything as we all know there are all types of business people 

- they would run the club at a profit ... I never quite understood why that was intrinsically good as it’s just taking money out the club 

- they were a better option than fan ownership .... in my view they weren’t even though I’ve never been that keen on it 

we are now where we are and we need to make the best of it 

When you answer the points JJ made about the unknowns, I'll catch up with this.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

here you are .... I wonder how many of the question masters will actually go...,

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/an-evening-to-explore-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-fan-ownership/

As a Partick Thistle fan I will be going to the Glasgow Cup game to support my team. Even though it's a diddy competition, and clearly regarded as such by TFE and its adherents.

Why anyone connected with the Club, and with 'the best interests of the CLub at heart' (boom! boom!)  would organise a Q&A on a night which clashed with a competitive match  truly passeth all understanding.

If this is a taste of thing to come from TFE … mind you it is the sort of thing a failed 'communications expert' might do.

4 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

As a Partick Thistle fan I will be going to the Glasgow Cup game to support my team. Even though it's a diddy competition, and clearly regarded as such by TFE and its adherents.

Why anyone connected with the Club, and with 'the best interests of the CLub at heart' (boom! boom!)  would organise a Q&A on a night which clashed with a competitive match  truly passeth all understanding.

If this is a taste of thing to come from TFE … mind you it is the sort of thing a failed 'communications expert' might do.

You really are funny 

1 minute ago, allyo said:

Is it pedantic to point out that JJ didn't ask any questions?

No you're right Polyanna, he just pointed out that there were a whole series of unknowns that he 'invited someone to answer'. But nobody did.

Inviting some to give an answer is definitely not the same thing as asking question, not no time not ever, could it ever remotely be interpreted as such.

3 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

No you're right Polyanna, he just pointed out that there were a whole series of unknowns that he 'invited someone to answer'. But nobody did.

Inviting some to give an answer is definitely not the same thing as asking question, not no time not ever, could it ever remotely be interpreted as such.

I think I invited him to ask those questions to someone who could answer them which is nit anyone here byt since he knows Alan heron he could do that directly with him but chooses not to 

6 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

But I didn't see an invitation to give an answer either. I may be missing something. Like I'm missing your informed connections between Javeajag, Jacqui Low, TFE, etc etc.

To be honest you've got me confused. The Polyanna thing doesn't really equate with my statement that I'm nervous about how fan ownership will pan out. I'm thinking you just like being rude to people online.

Edited by allyo

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

But I didn't see an invitation to give an answer either. I may be missing something. Like I'm missing your informed connections between Javeajag, Jacqui Low, TFE, etc etc.

To be honest you've got me confused. The Polyanna thing doesn't really equate with my statement that I'm nervous about how fan ownership will pan out. I'm thinking you just like being rude to people online.

And to clarify .... I’ve never met Jacqui low !

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Myself and 2 companions from Stirling Albion

I've asked this before and haven't been able to get an answer but just what did happen at Stirling Albion.?  Was the fans' takeover a disater? It was about ten years ago, I believe, so what has gone wrong? Can you point to anything which could enlighten us as I believe all information will be helpful if we've to make our minds up.

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

I've asked this before and haven't been able to get an answer but just what did happen at Stirling Albion.?  Was the fans' takeover a disater? It was about ten years ago, I believe, so what has gone wrong? Can you point to anything which could enlighten us as I believe all information will be helpful if we've to make our minds up.

I too know very little about it.

I did hear the current Stirling Albion chairman on the radio last week, emphasising the challenges of fan ownership, but expressing his gratitude to the people who supported them in making it a possibility. I think he specifically mentioned Paul Goodwin, but I'm not 100% on that.

47 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Any idea of where this is being played would help!

24 minutes ago, scotty said:

Have a read at their supporters forum on FB or their fans comments on our page on P&B to work it out for yourself or even read the Pars fans views on him getting involved with them.